Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another fallen comrade

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama

Unhappy Another fallen comrade

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6270...sh-near-Thames

RIP to another member of our motorcycling community
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Doesn't sound very pleasant, bursting into flames RIP

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    I was just reading about that crash...sobering!

Thoughts go out to the riders family and friends...RIP

Ride safe KBers

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Re yesterdays fatal crash. and it comes with an obvious warning from the Police

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times...torcycle-fatal

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    What we believe is that it is pretty hard to mentor someone from a rear vision mirror and perhaps it would be better for the more experienced rider to follow the novice and monitor their riding

how do you mentor from behind?doesnt the experienced rider in front make it easier for the novice to follow better lines?just dont go too far ahead making the novice panick into catching up.
    anyway feel shit for the partner coming back to that scene

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by danchop View Post
    What we believe is that it is pretty hard to mentor someone from a rear vision mirror and perhaps it would be better for the more experienced rider to follow the novice and monitor their riding

how do you mentor from behind?doesnt the experienced rider in front make it easier for the novice to follow better lines?just dont go too far ahead making the novice panick into catching up.
    My learner rider always preferred the more experienced rider to be in front. You just had to remember you were leading a learner, allow time, forego manoeuvres you might have otherwise tried, check your mirrors more often paying additional attention to looking for them. And yes it is bloody scary when you get it wrong at the end of a passing land and you end up with traffic between you.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by danchop View Post

My only gripe with the mentor in this case was that he perhaps rode to quick for the novice to keep up. Mind you we weren't there so we won't know for sure what exactly happened. But in principle I would agree that it is better for the learner to follow a more experienced rider and watch their actions and lines through corners. BUT at a pace they can handle.....

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6270...sh-near-Thames

RIP to another member of our motorcycling community
    No good at all sounds very nasty for all concerned including accident workers

Was reading tueday domiion had piece on chap that was larger than life survied cancer in 30s and was killed

this week aged around 50s , riding in area he knew well too on his gs 1000 wife said

he rode that area 3-4 times week was his lets have fun riding spot i took from this maybe good idea

Not to have you fav ride in built up area cause sounds like car pulled accross the street into drivway

It didnt say who was at fault (not thats going change anything)

damm thats alot people in week isint it sometimes nothing you can do

If its your time its your time

Bike
    SF
    When my missus started riding, I'd ride behind her to shield her from tailgating wankers. Now when we go for a ride, I'll let her lead to start with, then she'll let me know when she's keen to follow behind me. Naturally, I try to keep good lines and appropriate speeds but I still constantly worry about her. The propaganda must be getting to me...

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    No good at all sounds very nasty for all concerned including accident workers

Was reading tueday domiion had piece on chap that was larger than life survied cancer in 30s and was killed

this week aged around 50s , riding in area he knew well too on his gs 1000 wife said

he rode that area 3-4 times week was his lets have fun riding spot i took from this maybe good idea

Not to have you fav ride in built up area cause sounds like car pulled accross the street into drivway

It didnt say who was at fault (not thats going change anything)

damm thats alot people in week isint it sometimes nothing you can do

If its your time its your time
    There is a separate thread for this guy but FYI it is not a "built up area". it is a rural road but some farms have been subdivided for life stylers. It is one of the few pieces of "rural" road in the area.

RIP to the lady in this thread

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    When my missus started riding, I'd ride behind her to shield her from tailgating wankers. Now when we go for a ride, I'll let her lead to start with, then she'll let me know when she's keen to follow behind me. Naturally, I try to keep good lines and appropriate speeds but I still constantly worry about her. The propaganda must be getting to me...
    Its great your looking after to her good attitude mate but its more whats in front thats a issue
    But dont stress its not good for either of you its not that bad out there. after look vietniam damm makes are
    roads look like sunday drive , live life and take enjoyment from it dont live in fear

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    There is a separate thread for this guy but FYI it is not a "built up area". it is a rural road but some farms have been subdivided for life stylers. It is one of the few pieces of "rural" road in the area.

RIP to the lady in this thread
    Oh good to hear i didnt think he ride like that thanks

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Sons Of Anarchy R Us.......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Thread Information