Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The hand-me-down thread

Bike
    2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailwood View Post
    Hey there all.

I have a pair of Stylmartin Stylsafe boots that need a new home.

They are a size 46 (about 11uk) and are about 8 years old..Never been down the road, still in good condition, zips work fine..google the boot for a better description.

Am in Wellington.

Does anyone want them?
    I would love them!!! Message me

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Blue 2XXL Textile Spyke jacket in used but OK condition, free to a good home
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1989 Yamaha FZR400
    Wondering if anybody has any spare size small Helmets, gloves or pants. The old helmet Is too broken to do its job, the old gloves are too big for me and heavy (leather) would prefer textile... kevlar i guess its called, and the jeans hurt on the road. Thanks!

Bike
    2010 DRZ400SM, 2006 ZX10R
    Lookin for some armoured pants or draggin jeans, I'm around a size 30-32, willing to pay

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Hi, I am on the hunt for saddle bags or side panniers for an F650. Happy to contribute some monies if required :-)

Bike
    fluoro mess
    hey all,

moving house and clearing out some old gear.

i've got a zip together cordura pants n jacket by 'spool' that i've had for a number of years, (got them second hand) but havent been using.

the jacket is XXL, and the pants are L - which seems a bit odd, but it does mean you can easily fit a hoodie or other under the jacket on really cold days.

im 5'11 and approx 85kg and the pants are a good snug fit on me. the linings have a tear in the groin - yes, it was like that when i got it - no, i didnt want to know either - so in solid rain the first thing to get wet are your balls / assorted lady parts.

i've also got a pair of 'nerve' (read cheapshit) cordura pants with suspender over your shoulder things. the fly zipper is broken on these, but still wearable due to the suspenders. i got these secondhand too i swear

yeah i know, i guess bikes turn people on or something?

anyway, if anyone wants it then feel free to come past and try on / take away.

im stu and we are living in glenfield currently. my number is 021 397 991.

im gonna bin it if no-one takes it before we move (sat 3rd)
    Education not Legislation

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    It's spring so I've decided to have a bit of a clean out. Got a few things that have been sitting in the wardrobe for ages or are no longer required, be happy to see them go free to a good home.

- Shoei Raid II helmet XL (61-62cm). Around 5 years old now, stopped using it a couple of years ago because I found it too hot for commuting. Covered in dubious custom graphics made from reflective tape by your's truly, could be removed if you were prepared to take the time and effort (I'm not). Accepted wisdom would be it's at the end of it's useful life, so use at your own risk.

- Leather jacket "Natural Wear" (made in Christchurch) size 40. Got to be more than 20 years old, not worn for the last 10 or so. No space for hard armour but does have padding in the shoulders/elbows/kidneys area. Black surface finish has worn off in quite a few placed. All zips are good, one stud is missing at the waist due to chest slipping a bit over the years (apologies Obelix) putting extra strain on this area which is why I don't use it anymore - also it's really old, so can't guarantee how well it would hold together in an accident. You be the judge.

- rev'it 'zip' cordura overpants size XL, about 4 years old now. One of the knee armour pockets expertly repaired with duct tape. Cinch at the waist repaired using my dubious sewing skills (see chest slipping comment above) but has held together for a while now. These are a baggy fit and have zips to the knees so you can get them over boots. Have washed these a few times and reproofed them but they're only really shower proof now.

- No-brand "universal" hand guards. These may or may not fit your bike, they didn't fit mine. Fake carbon fibre plastic finish and should keep your hands warm at the same time. From the look of the mounts these are for weather protection only.

So let me know if anyone's interested, I'm in Balmoral in Auckland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handguards.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	287126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leather jacket 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	287127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raid II 2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	287128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	revit pants 1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	287129  
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    got a pair of leather pants. they are small. but in good nick......
    anyone just pay the postage and they are yours..
    IAM in Australia.. but coming back soon
    And that is the honest truth your honour..

Bike
    2002 VTR250
    Hey guys,

20 and temporarily penniless thanks to a knee injury keeping me unable to run, a poor choice of uni subject to boot. 4 years after my first bike exploded I am looking at getting another cheap bike again. Since then I've lost around 30KG's and my jacket and pants are virtually unwearable at an XL. If anyone has anything in a medium lying around it would be greatly appreciated, helmet seems to be in pretty poor condition too. Cheers!

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorabro View Post
    If anyone has anything in a medium lying around it would be greatly appreciated, helmet seems to be in pretty poor condition too. Cheers!
    Not sure if you meant a medium helmet also, but if not there's this one from me:

Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post

- Shoei Raid II helmet XL (61-62cm). Around 5 years old now, stopped using it a couple of years ago because I found it too hot for commuting. Covered in dubious custom graphics made from reflective tape by your's truly, could be removed if you were prepared to take the time and effort (I'm not). Accepted wisdom would be it's at the end of it's useful life, so use at your own

Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    2007 Suzuki LS650 Boulevard
    It's spring so I've decided to have a bit of a clean out. Got a few things that have been sitting in the wardrobe for ages or are no longer required, be happy to see them go free to a good home.

- Shoei Raid II helmet XL (61-62cm). Around 5 years old now, stopped using it a couple of years ago because I found it too hot for commuting. Covered in dubious custom graphics made from reflective tape by your's truly, could be removed if you were prepared to take the time and effort (I'm not). Accepted wisdom would be it's at the end of it's useful life, so use at your own risk.

- Leather jacket "Natural Wear" (made in Christchurch) size 40. Got to be more than 20 years old, not worn for the last 10 or so. No space for hard armour but does have padding in the shoulders/elbows/kidneys area. Black surface finish has worn off in quite a few placed. All zips are good, one stud is missing at the waist due to chest slipping a bit over the years (apologies Obelix) putting extra strain on this area which is why I don't use it anymore - also it's really old, so can't guarantee how well it would hold together in an accident. You be the judge.

- rev'it 'zip' cordura overpants size XL, about 4 years old now. One of the knee armour pockets expertly repaired with duct tape. Cinch at the waist repaired using my dubious sewing skills (see chest slipping comment above) but has held together for a while now. These are a baggy fit and have zips to the knees so you can get them over boots. Have washed these a few times and reproofed them but they're only really shower proof now.

- No-brand "universal" hand guards. These may or may not fit your bike, they didn't fit mine. Fake carbon fibre plastic finish and should keep your hands warm at the same time. From the look of the mounts these are for weather protection only.

I'm just trying to imagine those handguards on my cruiser...
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    I'm just trying to imagine those handguards on my cruiser...
    Maybe if they were chromed ? But they should be with their new owner soon, anyway almost summer so cold hands not such an big deal anymore aye.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    YZF-R6
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfromcoro View Post
    got a pair of leather pants. they are small. but in good nick......
    anyone just pay the postage and they are yours..
    IAM in Australia.. but coming back soon
    I'm just about to jump on a plane to Australia and I'll be interested if you still have them, do you know what size they are in the waist?

Bike
    2002 VTR250
    Not sure if you meant a medium helmet also, but if not there's this one from me:
    Thanks mate, but I appear to be around a medium, or 56-58 for a helmet.

I guess It was a little overambitious to think that I would oneday be tall enough for XL gear, sadly 4 years later and I am still a manlet at 5"8. Just won a Shift textile jacket for a dollar on trademe however, pretty happy with that.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Hi everyone.

I have a friend who has just got back into riding road bikes and doesnt have gear. He currently uses a very old helmet, motocross gloves and a wind breaker.

I would hate for him to get hurt, especially if some gear could have helped.

So if anyone has some old gear for free i could pass on to him i would be very appreciative.

I think he fits a medium helmet, is around 6'2" and around 36" waist.

I would be willing to pay shipping to Chch too, thanks.

Thread Information