Thread: Aftermarket chain & sprockets?

Bike
    2015 GSR750

Aftermarket chain & sprockets?

Im looking at getting new Chain/rear Sprocket for my Gladius 650.
    Ive heard some people say that the stock chain and sprocket is just as good as any of the after-market products you can get.
    On the other hand, I've heard some people say that the stock chain and sprockets are not as good because the manufacturers are interested in keeping the costs of production down.
    Im not fussed spending a little bit more on a superior product if it does indeed last longer.

Would be interested to know in what products you have used and been happy or not so happy with?

Bike
    None any more
    Talk to your friendly neighbourhood Suzuki dealer. Cheap is as cheap does, and there's not that much difference in price between flaky and good when it comes to both chains and sprockets.

Buy a Scottoiler too while you're at it. One of those will more than double the life of your chain.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    Thanks for that.... apparently I have to spread my bling around.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    I've always had way more k's outta the oem chains and sprockets than any aftermarket one's. Not sure why, I've always got the best I could get at the time too. Tho I've never replaced 'em with oem either...
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Talk to your friendly neighbourhood Suzuki dealer. Cheap is as cheap does, and there's not that much difference in price between flaky and good when it comes to both chains and sprockets.

Buy a Scottoiler too while you're at it. One of those will more than double the life of your chain.
    +1. Good quality chain and sprockets from your dealer, don't care what brand personally, but the Scottoiler is what makes the difference.

Bike
    None
    The very best quality chain is DID brand, no question. Combine with high quality sprockets or oem. Even some of the other name brand chains on the market have gone down the cheaper mass market route, be careful. Spend the extra and you wont be dissapointed.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Thread Information