Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Horsepower ratings?

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Been there mate, good that the KX500's are super stable on the gravel and the fast top gear sections ( Baja 9 years in a row ? ), but not so good in the tight stuff but still a lot of fun. Must admit the standard gearing on a KX5 leaves the clutch groaning a few times going up some of the techcnical stuff in a taller gear which is why I always change the gearbox oil after every 4 - 5 hours to keep the clutch fresh and I've never had a problem.

You might see my '04 Bike on trademe soon , still a puppy at 45 hours only, don't use it much anymore ...
    You have a CR5 as well dont you? I tried doing woodhill on my kx5 fuck that was a nightmare. It had warped steels so the clutch wouldnt fully disengage, it was a mission! I pulled the pin when I tried to wheely over a log popped the clutch and the back wheel just sunk into the earth so it was basically stood straight up, it pissed fuel all over my balls because the cap had fallen off due to someone else topping it up. I sold it after that ride haha

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Been there mate, good that the KX500's are super stable on the gravel and the fast top gear sections ( Baja 9 years in a row ? ), but not so good in the tight stuff but still a lot of fun. Must admit the standard gearing on a KX5 leaves the clutch groaning a few times going up some of the techcnical stuff in a taller gear which is why I always change the gearbox oil after every 4 - 5 hours to keep the clutch fresh and I've never had a problem.

You might see my '04 Bike on trademe soon , still a puppy at 45 hours only, don't use it much anymore ...
    shows how awesomely fit Darren Capill was in 96 to lead the tarawera 100 for 99.5 miles, only to run out of gas within 100 metres of the finish line,

Bike
    KTM 250 EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    haha yeah I was a pretty young fella back then so we would all be scampering around in the caves. What event were you at? We were at every major event there from 96 to 03
    was some series round i think, was towards the end of 97, i remember the long kick ass up hill drag section.
    HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG PIPE
    Sometimes I ride Slow, sometimes I Ride Quick, But When its Time To Get Busy Out The Hat Comes The Trick.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    You have a CR5 as well dont you? I tried doing woodhill on my kx5 fuck that was a nightmare. It had warped steels so the clutch wouldnt fully disengage, it was a mission! I pulled the pin when I tried to wheely over a log popped the clutch and the back wheel just sunk into the earth so it was basically stood straight up, it pissed fuel all over my balls because the cap had fallen off due to someone else topping it up. I sold it after that ride haha
    Have'nt heard of a clutch problem with the KX like you'rs had , the tight stuff is ok through the woods on the 500 in my experience but they definitely like it when you hit the more open ground and thats when you have a lot more fun, and they start cooling down a little .

Still got the CR5 and still a zero hour Bike, started it up yesterday ...two kicks

Thread Information