Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not-as-tall ladies, Please help the newbie!

Bike
    NC30 VFR400

Not-as-tall ladies, Please help the newbie!

So I'm serious about buying a bike this year, pending finances being sorted. I'm on the shorter side, and have my hear set on a twin. Ideally a gsx250, but I could only just toe down on that, so I'm not so keen.

I don't want a gn250 if I can help it. Any suggestions for a twin 250, that I won't grow out of within weeks, and doesn't still cost the earth?

Keep in mind, I'm 5"2 on a really good day. I live up to my name.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    You can buy lowering linkage kits, or you can go to your local shop and they will get one made and put it in for you, probably not overly doable on a 250 as they are pretty little to start with, but you can also look at getting alot of the foam taken out of the seat, you can sometimes get up to an inch off the seat and its usually enough to make it bearable

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2007 xvs650 & 2008 Yamaha XV250Y

Smile

Hi, I'm 5.2 with heels.

I was tossing between the Suzuki Intruder and Yamaha Virago, both I could flat foot but chose the Virago as it just felt more comfortable. Pop along to bike dealers and try some on, if not then look on trade me and go and see a few.

Bike
    TF125
    Mom on here had the soles of her boots altered to give her just that little bit more "reach" with good results. Simple is sometimes best.

/Edit: Just saw Mossy's (second) link. Just remember you'll still have to get you foot under the gear lever.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Mom on here had the soles of her boots altered to give her just that little bit more "reach" with good results. Simple is sometimes best.

/Edit: Just saw Mossy's (second) link. Just remember you'll still have to get you foot under the gear lever.

I have a set of hole saws and live in Welly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boot.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	255932  
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    So I'm serious about buying a bike this year, pending finances being sorted. I'm on the shorter side, and have my hear set on a twin. Ideally a gsx250, but I could only just toe down on that, so I'm not so keen.

I don't want a gn250 if I can help it. Any suggestions for a twin 250, that I won't grow out of within weeks, and doesn't still cost the earth?

Keep in mind, I'm 5"2 on a really good day. I live up to my name.
    GPX 250. Cheap as chips, last forever, low seat height, low weight, good spread of power, in production for 20 years so plenty of parts available. Just as fast (if not faster) then the new ninjas that replaced them.

Bike
    I am taller than you (5'5") and I had an Intruder - awesome bike, nice and light and I was flat footed with bent knees. Sit on as many bikes as you can and see how they fell when you are moving them around - as if you were parking them or putting them in the garage, because from what I have seen, that is the time that you will drop a bike. Dealers are fine with you doing this they understand completely! Sit on it and waddle around on it!

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I am taller than you (5'5") and I had an Intruder - awesome bike, nice and light and I was flat footed with bent knees. Sit on as many bikes as you can and see how they fell when you are moving them around - as if you were parking them or putting them in the garage, because from what I have seen, that is the time that you will drop a bike. Dealers are fine with you doing this they understand completely! Sit on it and waddle around on it!
    Good advice but I think you wanted a double e and not a double l
    me picking up spelling errors or typos, now that is the pot calling the kettle black

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    Good advice but I think you wanted a double e and not a double l
    me picking up spelling errors or typos, now that is the pot calling the kettle black
    imagine going to bike shops and dropping them to see how they fell!

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Haha well I live in a scody apartment block, so parking is a premium, and I need to squish it in front of either a small mazda, or long holden. Depends on how charitable dad is feeling I guess.

My budget is 3k, and my heart is set on the gsx, but I also looked at the zxr. Will find a gsx and see how i feel about those at some point. Cheers for that one. I had a bit of a barney with dad over the gn tonight. He will pay for a gn, but nothing else. I have this stubborn streak that won't let him pay for a bike, cos I'm a moron. His logic is gn or nothing else. I don't want a gn. Should make him ride one!

Bike
    07 kx250f
    get the seat shaved.

Bike
    04 Kawasaki 636, 03 Kawasaki KRR
    KRR 150? By far the smallest bike I've sat on. Decent power for a 150 too.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Everyone is getting all caught up in the 'short' department. The thing to remember is that everyone's proportions are different. So a low seat height on one particular make/model won't suit everyone.

Best advice? Decide what style of bike you want and try them all until you find a fit. Failing that, lower (ha!) your sights...
    Many of the short/er women end up on cruisers. Like the Yamaha Virago, Kawasaki Eliminator, Suzuki Boulevard/Intruder etc
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    a red heap
    Sounds like you need a GSXR 1000

Thread Information