Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which 50cc scooter is the best?

Bike
    Piaggio Zip 2T 2010
    That face looks too happy for the worry i was aiming for :P

Bike
    Piaggio Zip 2T 2010
    I cannot find a helmet to fit under the seat I'm sure in the info I read it said storage to fit a full face helmet, lies...

Any advice on the best way to secure a helmet to the bike when out?

Bike
    SuperScooter 2010
    [QUOTE=jamface10;1130254323]I cannot find a helmet to fit under the seat I'm sure in the info I read it said storage to fit a full face helmet, lies...

You can raise the seat height by adjusting the hinge ratchet = more space underneath. I can fit a medium full face helmet under the seat with a bit of a shove.

Alternatively there is a loop on the LHS of the scooter under the floor. Lock your helmet to this directly with a padlock or using a chain. The helmet can sit on the floor.

Bike
    Piaggio Zip 2T 2010
    Thanks, I didnt think about moving the seat up. Will have to see if I can reach the ground

Bike
    scooter?
    yes, the Zip's inability to store a full face helmet is one of the reasons i'm keen to pick up a Jog - along with no fuel guage and lack of rear rack thingy. but, oh, the Zip is such a looker; in red like a very thin slice of Ferrari... classic Italian vs Jap ;-)

btw 2010 Jog on tm - nearly 3000ks but no services :-(

Bike
    scooter?
    so, jamface, how's Zip ownership? apparently - from my endless research - Oz's number 1 50 scooter!! let me know how you go re raising the seat and storing your helmet - could be the clincher for me :-) - given how the 2nd hand Jog location mission is going... also, what colour is yours?

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by mc5 View Post
    btw 2010 Jog on tm - nearly 3000ks but no services :-(
    I wouldn't worry about that personally. Just give it a comprehensive service should you buy it.
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    Piaggio Zip 2T 2010
    Don't get it til next week, I've been back home for the weekend

I'm thinking i'll shell out some cash and get the top box installed, hopefully then I will have enough room for all my stuff.

Hopefully I can get the restrictions taken out straight away. I had to get the black one, am thinking of getting some reflective decals to make it a bit more visible.

Bike
    Piaggio Zip 2T 2010
    Does anyone know the exact restrictions on the zip? Looking to get some quotes for removal and should probably know what I need done.

Bike
    SV1000, RG500, RD350
    Quote Originally Posted by jamface10 View Post
    Does anyone know the exact restrictions on the zip? Looking to get some quotes for removal and should probably know what I need done.
    General concensus seems to eb a simle exhaust mod and remove the variator spacer
    http://www.twistngo.com/userforum/vi...php?f=6&t=3035

There are step by step pics online if you look or them - I found them when I was trying to find how to derestrict the Keeway (short answer - buy another bike)
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Peace through superior firepower...
    Build your own dyno - PM me for the link of if you want to use it (bring beer)

Bike
    SuperScooter 2010
    [QUOTE=geoffm;1130257992]General concensus seems to eb a simle exhaust mod and remove the variator spacer
    http://www.twistngo.com/userforum/vi...php?f=6&t=3035

Just removing the variator spacer is enough to get 65 km/h top speed. Easy and cheap. Unless you're really keen, there's no need to touch the exhaust or the carburettor jet.

Piaggio speedos always seem to be 10% optimisitic so don't be surprised to see 70 km/h.

Bike
    Piaggio Zip 2T 2010

Yay, finally have it!

Got dropped of this evening, took it out for a little spin It's pretty good, got up to about 50kmh not at full throttle. Hopefully will be better once its derestricted and broken in a bit.

Now I just need some reflective decals to counteract the black colour of the bike. Will be interesting the first time I ride it in real traffic, any tips?

I can get my helmet in, although its a bit of a squeeze so not sure how good that is :P I may still look at a top box, once I have my jacket and pants.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by jamface10 View Post
    Will be interesting the first time I ride it in real traffic, any tips?
    Keep up with traffic and own your lane. Don't try lane splitting yet.

And read through the Survival Skills threads, esp. ones like this one http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...s-Read-em-now!
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    scooter?
    cool, good for you jamface. i took a '11 Zip for a little test spin yest aft - it was awesome!! felt quicker off the mark and more solid than i expected, plus the brakes felt nice and sure. watching an '09 Jog with low ks on tm at the mo...

Bike
    Piaggio Zip 2T 2010
    My friend has a Jog which she loves and does up to about 60 restricted. I like my zip, but it really only wants to do 45, hopefully will loosen up a bit. I'm tossing up whether to derestrict or not, as much as I want to go faster I'm a chicken when it comes to insurance and warranty if something goes wrong :P MC5, had any luck yet?

Thread Information