Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: $500 late entry fee for Paeroa!

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Update:

Thanks to the generous lateral thinking of Danger Dave I had one last shot at an entry for Paeroa: he couldn't make it and kindly offered me his spot if I wanted to try and arrange a swap. It was a looooong shot but if ya don't ask ya don't know, right?

Well, I farkin' know now! Apparently we are "all getting a bit too cocky" and after being grilled about EXACTLY why I didn't get my entry in on time (explained about NZSBK, wasn't sure if bike or I or finances would be in a fit condition afterwards) didn't get a chance to mention that I am away at work for 3 weeks between NZSBK and Paeroa so there are literally only 2 full days at home between the 2. But instead received another lecture about there being "communications down there too" and that they never used to accept late entries but now do, and couldn't understand the flak they were copping online. I would be "blacklisted" for future reference etc etc etc etc................

.................but she'd let it happen "this time".

Our chat was pretty much like the sort of one sided lecture that used to pass as "conversation" between myself and my primary school head mistress everytime I was in trouble and had me feeling about as tall as I was at the time, some 40 odd years ago. So I politely declined the admission. Thanks Paeroa, but no thanks.

I actually held no animosity whatsover towards the organisers of Paeroa prior to this. I was a lil' amazed at the cost of a late entry (the person I spoke to obviously didn't think it was unreasonable), but after all it's their event and they can set whatever rules they like. But I'm 40-fuk'n-5 ferchissakes and the only person who gets to lecture my inner child like that is my good lady when were' doing that naughty-schoolboy-sexy-school-marm routine on special occasions......and even then we have a safe word. No way was this lady listening to the safe word!

So all in all I can't wait for next year so I can get my Paeroa entry in nice and early.....Tui anyone?

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Update:

Thanks to the generous lateral thinking of Danger Dave I had one last shot at an entry for Paeroa: he couldn't make it and kindly offered me his spot if I wanted to try and arrange a swap. It was a looooong shot but if ya don't ask ya don't know, right?

Well, I farkin' know now! Apparently we are "all getting a bit too cocky" and after being grilled about EXACTLY why I didn't get my entry in on time (explained about NZSBK, wasn't sure if bike or I or finances would be in a fit condition afterwards) didn't get a chance to mention that I am away at work for 3 weeks between NZSBK and Paeroa so there are literally only 2 full days at home between the 2. But instead received another lecture about there being "communications down there too" and that they never used to accept late entries but now do, and couldn't understand the flak they were copping online. I would be "blacklisted" for future reference etc etc etc etc................

Our chat was pretty much like the sort of one sided lecture that used to pass as "conversation" between myself and my primary school head mistress everytime I was in trouble and had me feeling about as tall as I was at the time, some 40 odd years ago. So I politely declined the admission. Thanks Paeroa, but no thanks.

I actually held no animosity whatsover towards the organisers of Paeroa prior to this. I was a lil' amazed at the cost of a late entry (the person I spoke to obviously didn't think it was unreasonable), but after all it's their event and they can set whatever rules they like. But I'm 40-fuk'n-5 ferchissakes and the only person who gets to lecture my inner child like that is my good lady when were' doing that naughty-schoolboy-sexy-school-marm routine on special occasions......and even then we have a safe word. No way was this lady listening to the safe word!

So all in all I can't wait for next year so I can get my Paeroa entry in nice and early.....Tui anyone?
    Hahahahaha good on ya mate

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Unbelievable shooting of the own pedestrian device.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I would be "blacklisted" for future reference etc etc etc etc.........................
    About that time I would have told them to go fuck themselves
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Update:

Professionalism and customer service at its kiwi finest.
    Y'know the one?
    "We make one thing and everyone will like it or they can fuck off."
    Well, that used to work when there was only one thing to buy. The world isn't like that anymore.

Sorry, but can anyone tell me why they are trying so hard to enter this particular event?
    I know I am being hypocritical as I have raced there twice myself, in years 1 and 2, but really, is it now still worth the effort, cost, risk?
    The crowds and the spectacle are nothing like they used to be.
    I for one think that street racing has past its used by date.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    suzuki
    [QUOTE=slowpoke;1130248403]Update:
    yeah but ther'ell still be people riding though

Bike
    tedium
    Update:
    event and they can set whatever rules they like. But I'm 40-fuk'n-5 ferchissakes and the only person who gets to lecture my inner child like that is my good lady when were' doing that naughty-schoolboy-sexy-school-marm routine on special occasions......and even then we have a safe word.
    Could be my new sig.

No way was this lady listening to the safe word!

If it's the same "lady" I spoke to a few years back then yes, she's clearly either got an attitude problem or the worst phone manner in Paeroa. In hindsight, perhaps lecturing her on the multitude of reasons (work, kids, missus, bike fucking out, falling off, illness, transport bolloxing out, skintness, etc) as to why most racers like to get their entries in as late as possible would have been useful.

It's their event and it appears to be in decline. I could even understand the late entry fee if they offered 80% refund if you couldn't make the event (with say 2 weeks notice)...but they don't (contrast to the PMCC who without asking, sent me a cheque to refund 2 full rounds of racing after I emailed them to scratch my entries after going tits up at their 1st round) . No cross entries either? Obviously the classes are so full...NOT. Can't racers doss at the track overnight anymore either?

I think it says a lot that I'd rather drive 7.5 hours to Carterton for the Cliffhanger than 15 minutes to to Paeroa BOTS.

Fuggem....and their lack of airfences...

I'll see ya'll at Paeroa....

highland games next weekend http://www.paeroahighlandgames.co.nz/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    OOOOOHHHHH...... Thats a whole new thread
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post

I think it says a lot that I'd rather drive 7.5 hours to Carterton for the Cliffhanger than 15 minutes to to Paeroa BOTS.

Fuggem....and their lack of airfences...

I'll see ya'll at Paeroa....
    Probably see ya at both - spectating only
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's
    Paeroa, World famous in New Zealand.
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Sorry, but can anyone tell me why they are trying so hard to enter this particular event?
    I know I am being hypocritical as I have raced there twice myself, in years 1 and 2, but really, is it now still worth the effort, cost, risk?
    The crowds and the spectacle are nothing like they used to be.
    I've only done the event once a few years ago, 3 days after dislocating a shoulder and generally battering myself in a road bike crash, so at the time I pretty much cruised around at the back of the field. I enjoyed myself in a part of the country I'd never been to but the results were pretty embarrassing so I just wanted to go back and give it a decent thrash. Who knows, I might still be at the back of the field but at least I could sign it off after giving it a proper shake.

It's got it's safety issues but it's a cool lil' track that I found more enjoyable to ride than Wanga's.

I had a great time in the S/I doing Clubman's at NZSBK and spent a few days between rounds in Queenstown with the missus where we also had heaps of fun. With that in mind I'd conned her into coming along to Paeroa (you know Hell is going through a cold snap when you see my missus trackside) by bribing her with the promise of a few days checking out Coromandel afterwards. But it looks like I'll be on a shovel doing the landscaping at home instead....bugger.

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Christ Spud, you've just ruined my favourite memory from racing. Of the measley 2 years I raced, the Paeroa event I did ranked as my most memorable and exciting outing. Now its tarnished hahaa!!

Honestly though, I wasn't sure if I was reading a thread about racing or someone dealing with WINZ, almost get the feeling certain organisers treat racers as "the bad guy" trying to rip the system off?

Tis a pity some see it that way, on the whole its not that way though.....from my limited experience anyway.

Here's hoping it all gets sorted for the future.

Righto............back out to the shed to work on the XR400............trail riding seems so much simpler haha!

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I'm just slow, but why can't you cunts get your entries in on time ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Christ Spud, you've just ruined my favourite memory from racing. Of the measley 2 years I raced the Paeroa event I did ranked as my most memorable and exciting outing. Now its tarnished hahaa!!

Honestly though, I wasn't sure if I was reading a thread about racing or someone dealing with WINZ, almost get the feeling certain organisers treat racers as "the bad guy" trying to rip the system off?

Tis a pity some see it that way, on the whole its not that way though.....from my limited experience anyway.

Here's hoping it all gets sorted for the future.

Righto............back out to the shed to work on the XR400............trail riding seems so much simpler haha!
    Your favourite memory? I thought that had more to do with your van rockin' and rollin' at 2 in the morning than anything to do with racing mudderboiks. While most of us were sleeping all cold and lonely you complained about a lack of sleep ya jammy bugger!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    Maybe I'm just slow, but why can't you cunts get your entries in on time ?
    Not really the point is it?

Thread Information