Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L

R.I.P.

Damn, digging out my old photos to post on the thread where we were talking about the TT and the 6 hour and other things it looked like a bit of a roll call when I looked at the 1984 Lyall Bay photos.

RIP Robert Holden, Peter Blackwood, Dave Martin.

Below is Robert doing a demo on the Plastic Fantastic, Peter on the RZ350 and Dave on the Ducati 600.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	198401lb01.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	198401lb02.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	671   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	198401lb13.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	198401lb11.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	673  
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    And RIP also Carey Larkin (killed at Gracefield around 83), Paul Heywood, John Marsh (all from New Plymouth, as well as Dave Martin) and Neville Hiscock.

Peter Blackwood, I believe, had as much talent as Aaron Slight. He was a very fast racer. Died a few days after being badly injured in a motocross race.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    This was one of the last photos I got of Robert - thought you might be interested - it was at Masterton - now there's another circuit they haven't used for a while - I think it was in 1994. That Duc he was riding I think had more than a 750 motor in it and it seemed to wheelie way more than he was wanting it too. Talked to him in the pits and they were trying to calm the thing down a bit to no avail.

Name:	Robert Holden Masterton.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	678  
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Masterton's rooted (excuse the French) as a race track now, because they put those stupid raised pedestrian crossing/traffic calmers all the way down the main road.

Unless of course you want to see massive jumps and power wheelies - hmmmm......

Jim2

Bike
    Various Laverders a Guzzi and Huskavana

Peter John Blackwood

Hi.
    Just found the forum and signed my partner in Graeme Blackwood. Peter John's Bro. He will be made up with the pics Has anyone got any more of Peter Blackwood???
    I remember Gordon Blackwood telling us the story of how Arron and Peter met and their consequent friendship hooning around Masterton. He tells us that Peter would be right up there with Arron if he had not passed so young. So sadly missed.

Bike
    Its a Boat

One of the older threads?

And RIP also Carey Larkin (killed at Gracefield around 83), Paul Heywood, John Marsh (all from New Plymouth, as well as Dave Martin) and Neville Hiscock.

No point in quoting LB, he hasn't been online since 06'

But, Just before Xmas, my parents were here. Dad had with him, a photo album full of old balk/white pictures. One of them was of the Hiscock Family (dads cousins) the boys looked about 11-12?.. I met up with one of the brothers and their sister last September at a funeral in Paraparaumu. Merle said David is living and has a business in Aussie now. I picked a few of the pics out of the album for myself, but not the Hiscock Family pic.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Roger Freeth in a car wreck wasent it... think its him I remember on a 1135 mackintosh at the sydnham street races.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Roger Freith (*sp) in a car wreck wasent it... think its him I remember on a 1135 mackintosh at the sydnham street races.
    Theres a good article on the McIntosh in Motorcycle Trader talking about R Freeth/Dave Hiscock/Bob Toomey/ R Holden etc....the article will carry on in the next issue, Freeth rode the McIntosh GS1000 at the Manakau Street ciruit.
    Rod Colman had asked that Dave Hiscock ride the GS1000 at Wanganui (Hiscock was looking to step up from his TZ350)

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Sorry Graeme I think that was the only photo I ever got of Peter Blackwood.

Now my own brother has died I have yet to sort through all his photos and slides and he may well have some of interest to this forum but I'll get back to you on that, it just won't be soon.

Anyone else got any pics?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    2006 YAMAHA XJR1300
    found this some time ago ............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKtVb.............hope the link works

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)

Cool Nope it didn't

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    found this some time ago ............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKtVb.............hope the link works

Bumm The URL contained a malformed video ID.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Roger Freith (*sp) in a car wreck wasent it... think its him I remember on a 1135 mackintosh at the sydnham street races.
    Freeth. Yep, i think it was the '93 Rally Australia and he was co-driver to the now late Possum Bourne. Stand to be corrected if I have that wrong tho...

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marknz View Post
    Freeth. Yep, i think it was the '93 Rally Australia and he was co-driver to the now late Possum Bourne. Stand to be corrected if I have that wrong tho...
    Yup! Linky here
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Masterton's rooted (excuse the French) as a race track now, because they put those stupid raised pedestrian crossing/traffic calmers all the way down the main road.

Unless of course you want to see massive jumps and power wheelies - hmmmm......

Jim2
    Pah...they had them there the last time I raced there too Jim...was great for me as I was KX500 mounted!

Bike
    MV Augusta 2014 ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Blackwood View Post
    Hi.
    Just found the forum and signed my partner in Graeme Blackwood. Peter John's Bro. He will be made up with the pics Has anyone got any more of Peter Blackwood???
    I remember Gordon Blackwood telling us the story of how Arron and Peter met and their consequent friendship hooning around Masterton. He tells us that Peter would be right up there with Arron if he had not passed so young. So sadly missed.
    My brother dug out some old slides last night and we found this one from 1984. Peter is on RZ350 ( 30 ) and I am on second row RZ350 ( 189 ) at Manfeild. I only got to know him after we crashed at Gracefeild street circuit on December 31st 1983. John Marsh crashed on cold tyres during practice while diving under me and we both went down. Peter was right behind me and had nowhere to go and ran me over, crashing as well. I ended up in ICU for a week ( unconcious for 40 hours and broken vertabrae in my neck ). Was back racing at the Shell Two Wheeler in February. Peter was a very fast rider.

Name:	Slides 021..jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	350.8 KB 
ID:	203307  

Thread Information