Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Onekawa Grand Prix October 1975

  1. #1
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,276

    Onekawa Grand Prix October 1975

    Its a slow job, but someone's got to do it. Having a lazy day off on Waitangi Day I thought it was about time I scanned a few more of my late brother's slides. Interested in a lot of the old family stuff I also still find a bit of motorcycle stuff amongst them. Without worrying about all the trials and other dirt bike stuff he was into I thought I'd show you some more of the road racing stuff. Who knows some of you old blokes might recognise someone here.

    I can't guarantee he labelled them right but the following is as he had marked them. Enjoy - I'll post them as I manage to scan them:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06041 M Stewart BSA500a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	601.7 KB 
ID:	293348 M. Stewart BSA 500

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06042 G Ross BSA500a.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	576.6 KB 
ID:	293349 G. Ross BSA 500

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06043 Phil Payne TS185a.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	569.7 KB 
ID:	293350 P. Payne Suzuki TS185

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06044 M Austin Bighorna.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	541.8 KB 
ID:	293351 M. Austin Kawasaki Bighorn

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06045 M Hill RD350a.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	646.5 KB 
ID:	293352 M. Hill Yamaha RD350

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06046 Harvey McKenzie Chief Marshall a.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	742.0 KB 
ID:	293353 H. McKenzie Chief Marshall
    Cheers

    Merv

  2. #2
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,276
    Here's a few more. My bro' must have liked sidecars because he photographed a few of them.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06047 Corbett & Forbes a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	620.1 KB 
ID:	293360 Corbett & Forbes with Suzuki 750 power were tops in those days.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06049 Side Car Heroes a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	449.0 KB 
ID:	293365 Are these the same sidecar heroes that are around today?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06050 Gregory & Cresswell a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	740.1 KB 
ID:	293361 Gregory & Cresswell.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06051 Craig & Bray a.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	495.8 KB 
ID:	293362 Craig & Bray.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06052 Gregory & Cresswell a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	371.2 KB 
ID:	293363 Gregory & Cresswell.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06053 Plummer & Watson Corbett & Forbes a.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	382.9 KB 
ID:	293364 Plummer & Watson, Corbett & Forbes.
    Cheers

    Merv

  3. #3
    Join Date
    23rd February 2010 - 18:49
    Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Here's a few more. My bro' must have liked sidecars because he photographed a few of them.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06049 Side Car Heroes a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	449.0 KB 
ID:	293365 Are these the same sidecar heroes that are around today?
    Yep thats Willy on 'el Tigre'.....same bike, same rider still clad in the same leathers but can't tell you who was the swinger back then.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    21st January 2007 - 18:47
    Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    564
    Just to prove it . Taken last weekend at Taupo


  5. #5
    Join Date
    12th September 2004 - 17:40
    Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Location
    Horowhenua NZ
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Its a slow job, but someone's got to do it. Having a lazy day off on Waitangi Day I thought it was about time I scanned a few more of my late brother's slides. Interested in a lot of the old family stuff I also still find a bit of motorcycle stuff amongst them. Without worrying about all the trials and other dirt bike stuff he was into I thought I'd show you some more of the road racing stuff. Who knows some of you old blokes might recognise someone here.

    I can't guarantee he labelled them right but the following is as he had marked them. Enjoy - I'll post them as I manage to scan them:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06041 M Stewart BSA500a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	601.7 KB 
ID:	293348 M. Stewart BSA 500

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06045 M Hill RD350a.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	646.5 KB 
ID:	293352 M. Hill Yamaha RD350
    LOL Merv,
    Dusty, of LEDA leathers on the BSA (you can tell by the great skins) and I think the other , Hill on the RD Yamaha was the Aussie champ in that class at the time.
    If it was that Hill I managed to beat him at Gracefield when he came over ?
    (ps forgive the old man rambles that's all we have.)

    You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,276
    I ran out of time last night and I'm back at work today, but I still have a handful more to load up on this thread if I get time in the weekend.
    Cheers

    Merv

  7. #7
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    6,993
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Yep thats Willy on 'el Tigre'.....same bike, same rider still clad in the same leathers but can't tell you who was the swinger back then.
    would've been hard swinging with that square guard on ya ribs etc, since changed to a rounded type

  8. #8
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,276
    Okay here's the last few a mix of sidecars and mainly solos.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06054 Murray & Anderson Moller & Goodall a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	544.5 KB 
ID:	293375 Murray & Anderson and Moller & Goodall. He said the Moller sidecar had a 1000cc snowmobile motor.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06055 Clough Larsen and 48 a.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	546.1 KB 
ID:	293376 Clough leading Larsen. Who was that on number 48?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06056 J Richards a.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	715.6 KB 
ID:	293377 Richards.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06057 Dave Anderson.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	630.8 KB 
ID:	293378 Anderson. That is one battle weary H2 that I presume he rode to work each day too.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197510R06058 Phil Payne a.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	662.2 KB 
ID:	293379 Payne. Sorry his head was trimmed a bit in that shot.
    Cheers

    Merv

  9. #9
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    6,993
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Yep thats Willy on 'el Tigre'.....same bike, same rider still clad in the same leathers but can't tell you who was the swinger back then.
    roy harkness

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •