Thread: Honda vt 250 front end in vfr 750

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Honda vt 250 front end in vfr 750

Hi no i havent gone bonkers yet>> is it possible for the sterring stem from my defunk
    Vt 250 to fir engough so i chould wheel my vfr 750 arround not ride it on the road

that way i chould move it arround at present its stuck with no front end at all as forks where wreaked

I looked at tripple clamps and there way to big for standred vt forks but if i chould attacth the whole shotting box

Through the frame

Also i got radiator fixed and new coolant When i rev the bike the coolant level goes from just about coming out the top to going down about 30 mm so can just see it is this okay.. bit worried i have swezzed the hoses to get the air out the system as much as i can. the water heats up after like 2 mins idlign so assume its getting around the engine fine

it sound nice the motor revs very freely so assume it go alright on the road cant wait ...my forks will be paid for from uk
    this week so be like week and i have second hand set and front axle and both tripple clamps

the front headres also very badly bent in there anyway to fix these or get new ones made at local muffler centre

there leaking slighty and insteed being round there flat in parts motor seems to still sound fine though

apart from slight poping sound on left header pipe say be exsust gasket gone little bit

I just want get bike a on the road and b wof and go from there on the pipes , they need re warpaing with exhust
    tape as well because old stuff is rotton

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Doing things the quick and cheap way ... usually isn't in the long term. With the results of such ... seldom desireable ...

And I doubt the steering head dimensions are the same on both bikes ....

Liquid cooled bikes are bad for overheating, while they are stationary ... even with the fan going. (have you checked that works ???)

Spend your money on replacement pipes instead of wrapping the old ones.

Do it right the first time.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Doing things the quick and cheap way ... usually isn't in the long term. With the results of such ... seldom desireable ...

And I doubt the steering head dimensions are the same on both bikes ....

Liquid cooled bikes are bad for overheating, while they are stationary ... even with the fan going. (have you checked that works ???)

Spend your money on replacement pipes instead of wrapping the old ones.

Do it right the first time.
    yep very true i didnt have the fan fitted as i got the frame surrpond that holds the rad on to the bike as i got get it bent back into shape where botls to the headstock as the catchs the intrsuments on full lock on right side

no meant the forks on 750 are 41mm and on the 250 are like well bloody thin hehe

yes i remember driving my grandfathers lazer and got fan turning on after just going around the block
    got that nasty antifrezze burning smell had it on my hands wondeing why had that hot smell then relaized its
    just like a car is as got that water going around the system , its my first water cooled bike, well my first 90s bike let alone 2012 model know that be something esle with injection abs traction control hehe

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Given its just for wheeling it round the workshop purposes I'd say why not--Just use the bottom tripple from the vtr -its unlikely to actually bolt up at all. Normally I'd warn against damaging the race but I'd say that boat has well n truely sailed.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    why not use a trolly jack??
    or a skate board??

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hayd3n View Post
    why not use a trolly jack??
    or a skate board??
    nah the bike 214kg and i arent going have fall over on me or my young son so stays on the mx5 weel

Dont have trolley jack and dude am coming up 49 so skate board distant memory,

last time got one those a 6 yr girl showed me up

And feel backwards hit my head maybe thats when my madness started hehe

was that general offer to plastic weld for me yeah that be great but your along way away thanks though

I been looking at my left right fairing top and its bit sad sight i include a picture got replacment screen
    man its big compared what was left of the orginal .

Not sure what other chap meant about boat sailing think that interislander dude
    I havent touched the sterring stem just the same as was when got help to get it shifted which was much appreicated

I making last payemnt on forks tonight ringing the uk to pay got the left disc a complte exhust headers
    shiped over usa , so i wait and do the job right apart from am going slip the forks in as is for quick ride
    the sterring race feels fine moves freely no notchs mind you with weight of i guess it whould

I have just fitted as jig saw to piece the faring back toghter and get idea how it all fits
    The fairing frame is still bent and working out weather to get bike going and ride to the place am going have
    fix or take it of again and just see if they can work it out off the bike

The cheap plastc tape is rather useless i wonder if still get that tape i used on my xr 600 to protect the plastic in the 80s and where from where i know used to joke about racers tape even on v8 supercars , probley someting was easy to remove and know the 80,s tape was nasty to get of left a mess
    ps am probley only going use the front headers downpipes so anyone wants the rest of it for there vfr let me know
    know to make a coffee wait till 11pm make the call then get some sleep , going be so good to get some progress
    cant do much at all all done is take things apart thats easy part
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02299.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	257740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02300.JPG 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	257741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02301.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	257742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02302.JPG 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	257743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	are-exhust-paid4-6.jpg 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	257744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	are-paid-for-headers.jpg 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	257745  

Thread Information