Thread: CR125 '07 OEM suspension linkage kit, won't fit that well? Eh?

Bike
    1999 TRX850K

CR125 '07 OEM suspension linkage kit, won't fit that well? Eh?

Hello

Has anyone had any trouble with an OEM suspension linkage kit from Honda?

The bike shop & I are scratching out heads as to why when assembled and fully pressed, the pins seam to not be long enough. The little end caps or cups do not make contact with the pins.

Especialy on the lower link, the link that connects to the frame. The guys at the shop are certain they have pressed them all the way. And I have checked the bearings and they are correct, 20x26x15 for the tri linkage and 20x26x14 for the lower link.

The pin and cups on the tri linkage should have had thrust washers included in the kit.. they did not come.. however... I just had the old ones installed. And it seams there is about .2mm of clearence between the cup and the pin.

Anybody experienced this ? Or is the bike shop just being too nice to my bearings when driving them in ?

Cheers
    Leyton Smith

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyton View Post
    Hello

Has anyone had any trouble with an OEM suspension linkage kit from Honda?

The bike shop & I are scratching out heads as to why when assembled and fully pressed, the pins seam to not be long enough. The little end caps or cups do not make contact with the pins.

Especialy on the lower link, the link that connects to the frame. The guys at the shop are certain they have pressed them all the way. And I have checked the bearings and they are correct, 20x26x15 for the tri linkage and 20x26x14 for the lower link.

The pin and cups on the tri linkage should have had thrust washers included in the kit.. they did not come.. however... I just had the old ones installed. And it seams there is about .2mm of clearence between the cup and the pin.

Anybody experienced this ? Or is the bike shop just being too nice to my bearings when driving them in ?

Cheers
    Leyton Smith
    Are they in fact genuine Honda parts? Is it an original 07 linkage?

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Are they in fact genuine Honda parts? Is it an original 07 linkage?
    %100 OEM Genuine

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    Found thy issue, The lower link had a 20x26x15 bearing in it.. it should have been a 20x26x14

However.. there is still clearence issues on the tri linkage, on the side that connects to the lower link that contains the thrust washers. More pressing of bearings or taking some metal off the thrust washers.

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyton View Post
    Found thy issue, The lower link had a 20x26x15 bearing in it.. it should have been a 20x26x14

However.. there is still clearence issues on the tri linkage, on the side that connects to the lower link that contains the thrust washers. More pressing of bearings or taking some metal off the thrust washers.
    Now Honda are saying that the OEM kit is correct.

Dispite!

The fact I pushed out a 20x26x14, and have the OEM expanded diagram WITH parts, showing that the bearing should be a 20x26x14

SD:FKLJSD;kljsfad sagdfgsdg

If this goes on for too much longer I will go F$%$%n mental

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Being involved in manufacturing I know how easy it is for someone to load up a BOM (bill of materials) making an assumption that a previously recorded part on the database is the right one. Oh lets update some of these alternatives. . . opps.

But you wouldn't think you were the first person to pick it up. Then again they probably got the same response.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Being involved in manufacturing I know how easy it is for someone to load up a BOM (bill of materials) making an assumption that a previously recorded part on the database is the right one. Oh lets update some of these alternatives. . . opps.

But you wouldn't think you were the first person to pick it up. Then again they probably got the same response.
    Bluewing Hondas defence was that of they supply their kit that is inline with the All Balls kit!. It's is rather queer as they are the competition in this respect.

There will be poor CR's out there with pinched suspension linkages eating away at the frames on every bump :/

Anyhow, I constructed a fairly detailed yet bulleted email in regards to my expectations, with a diagram of the fault. All OEM part numbers and what I want them to do about it.

It is unacceptible that they supply bearings that are dispite their OEM exploaded diagrams are still wrong.

Even after blatent physicaly proof that it is wrong, it seams the supplier blue wing wont budge, and the poor local shop is stuck in the middle of a rock and a hard place of a supplier that wont supply and a customer that isn't afrade of wippin out a set of verns and doing a heap of research.

At the end of the day, if a set of 20x26x14 bearings appears, installed into the linkage at my door then I am happy.

It's gone on for about a month now :/

I can get 20x26x12 bearings and have bush's made up, or 20x26x15 and have the linkage milled out. But its really not the point ! :/

I wonder how many others have had this trouble, or.. have they even checked the work done on their linkages before installing.

The local shop done a good job on the CRF230, so I know they are capible. The kit is the issue.

Bike
    Various
    You want Honda part # 91053-KZ4-J21 BEARING (20X26X14)
    It's a pretty common bearing on most CR & CRF models from about 98 to current.

Or try and track it down through Saeco etc., by the Koyo number shown in pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02221us_enl.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	257860

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    the bushes can be ground down, but an engineer will charge to do it
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1999 TRX850K
    Yeah the bearing is common with Honda.

The closest cataloged bearing is a 20x26x17 as an engineering supply.

My father happens to be an engineer and owner of his own bussiness, so yeah, changing the seat depth is an option. However, if Honda correct their mistake in the future I am back having to make shim's as bushs, or spend extra on getting the wrong bearings :P

I am going into Honda today, right now infact Wish me luck

Thread Information