Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burn baby burn

Bike
    Nowt any more

Burn baby burn

http://www.nzsbk.com/2012/02/moment-...it-1-1983.html

But watch the start very closely. A green clad rider on a green bike has been to the Pete MacDonald school of holeshots, or was the master at said school who learned Pete.......
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post

But watch the start very closely. A green clad rider on a green bike has been to the Pete MacDonald school of holeshots, or was the master at said school who learned Pete.......
    nah it's Wayne Marshall, he was king of the quick starts those days but faded after a couple of laps or everyone else got up to speed.

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    So, Bike 93 for a Jump Start anyone? Or is everyone just that damned slow?
    The only stupid question is a question not asked!

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    How about the black bike to Scott's left ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE6vB...eature=related
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Various things

Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis!!??

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    I like how they throw the bales so far across the track to keep them from burning they nearly block the track!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    I like how they throw the bales so far across the track to keep them from burning they nearly block the track!
    best you get your eyes checked i'd say; did you actually see the size of "the control truck" that managed to sail through there at a quick rate even when there's 1/2 dozen bikes stopped in the track?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Was the commentator that wanker Tony Palmer?
    He tried to get a bribe from a mate that was in the NZ rally to say his companys name on tv.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    nah it's Wayne Marshall, he was king of the quick starts those days.
    Wayne (weasel) still is even tho he has'nt ridden for nigh on 3 years...been classic car racing instead...he turned up at the classic twin shock series on sunday and took out every race.

Legend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClassicTwinshock (Weasel).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	258240  

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Wayne (weasel) still is even tho he has'nt ridden for nigh on 3 years...been classic car racing instead...he turned up at the classic twin shock series on sunday and took out every race.

Legend.
    Gorgeous KX too! a 76 is it? He needs to learn how to jump a start proper though...

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Gorgeous KX too! a 76 is it? He needs to learn how to jump a start proper though...
    Aye it is...and some need to learn to finish a race that clip still cracks me up mate.

250 proddies...what a great class.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Aye it is...and some need to learn to finish a race that clip still cracks me up mate.

250 proddies...what a great class.
    I did learn eventually mate. Just took a while and a few fairing panels!

I know a lot of people look back and say "those were the days"...but it sure was a fun/strong class back in the day. And such fucking cool bikes.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    That's what I'm talking 'bout!!

I was in that race, all of them that weekend. Didn't get lapped in that one!!! Yay. #120, blue leathers with white shoulder and elbow patches, mid feild.
    But one thing I regret, is that it all happened so fast that I have no memories of any of it other than the photos (which are few) and videos.
    Love the 6 across the line in a straight line for the start grid, 18th century really.
    #134 Loren Poole
    What ever happened to Tonto Bush #4? He was a pretty hard charger as I recall.

They really were the days, and they really were pukka bikes, but I have a strong feeling that the current 250 class is getting back there, step by step.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    TBut one thing I regret, is that it all happened so fast that I have no memories of any of it other than the photos (which are few) and videos.
    That's why I write rather large blog posts for every race day I do (well except for one particular one where there was a large gap between the toys and the play pen). I've got a memory like a sieve so I have to write this stuff down as soon as possible otherwise it's lost for good.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Various things
    That's what I'm talking 'bout!!

I was in that race, all of them that weekend. Didn't get lapped in that one!!! Yay. #120, blue leathers with white shoulder and elbow patches, mid feild.
    But one thing I regret, is that it all happened so fast that I have no memories of any of it other than the photos (which are few) and videos.
    Love the 6 across the line in a straight line for the start grid, 18th century really.
    #134 Loren Poole
    What ever happened to Tonto Bush #4? He was a pretty hard charger as I recall.

They really were the days, and they really were pukka bikes, but I have a strong feeling that the current 250 class is getting back there, step by step.
    Loren Poole went on to work for Britten briefly I think. Never really knew Tonto, but yeah was a hard charger for sure. I still see Tony Sampson from time to time. He's still a hard nut too. Bruce Ainstey always pops in to say 'hi' whenever he's back in town too.

Thread Information