Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries

Pilot Pures or Pilot Power 2s?

Soooo...
    Trying to decide whether i should purchase and fit either:

1. Michelin Pilot power 2ct's
    2. Michelin Pilot Pure's

I do mostly road riding(quite quick paced), maybe 3-4 track days a year(If weather permits) however i already have some slicks for that.

Any recommendations? what would suit my riding best? Which has a longer life? any first had experience? i could pickup the Pure's for $500ish, I imagine the 2ct's would be similarly priced?

Bike
    A
    Simply put, the Pure will do maybe 2/3 the clicks that you'll get out of the Power 2ct. The Pure is also a quicker steering, pointier or more triangular kind of tyre than the Power 2ct. The lightweight construction of the Pure is quite canny to experience though, changes of direction are quicker than a Power 2ct but that's more of a personal preference thing.
    I'd say by what you've described, nothing wrong with Power 2ct.

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Simply put, the Pure will do maybe 2/3 the clicks that you'll get out of the Power 2ct. The Pure is also a quicker steering, pointier or more triangular kind of tyre than the Power 2ct. The lightweight construction of the Pure is quite canny to experience though, changes of direction are quicker than a Power 2ct but that's more of a personal preference thing.
    Thanks mate, pretty much what i was thinking. 2ct's will be my choice of poison but ill have to see if i can source em for a good price.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Had both on my GSXR 750-prefered the 2cts. Pures are "different"-but I liked the 2cts best. Pures took a bit of suspension fiddling until I felt comfortable on them.

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Had both on my GSXR 750-prefered the 2cts. Pures are "different"-but I liked the 2cts best. Pures took a bit of suspension fiddling until I felt comfortable on them.
    oh ok sweet, yeah im not too keen to start playing with my suspension aye. 2CT's it is. to Cycletreads!! unless anyone can recommend anywhere cheaper?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Tyres are very personal. I tried pures and took 'em off well before 1000 k's and got rid of 'em. Second worst tyre I've ever used after the original Diablo.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    can mix pure with pilot on the rear my vfr 750 bit slow in steering i got demons on it at present

Got 36psi in the front and 42 psi in the rear

Bike
    TF125
    You been to visit Mr Fruit in Taupo yet?

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Tyres are very personal. I tried pures and took 'em off well before 1000 k's and got rid of 'em. Second worst tyre I've ever used after the original Diablo.
    Yep I agree. I recently brought a bike with pure 2ct's on and they are so uninspiring very average. They are coming of very soon.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I run Pures, and a '55' on the rear instead of the normal '50'. Found them quite different to start with, very quick turn in and a different type of feel or feedback. However after doing some more k's on them I now really enjoy them. Nowhere near the level of confidence the N-Tecs gave me, but a lot more inspiring than the Diablo's I last had on. So to sum up, a very good tyre but just feels a little strange at first.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    You been to visit Mr Fruit in Taupo yet?
    +1

That was a good offer!

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Haven't tried Pures, so can't comment, but happy to recommend Power 2CTs.

Little bit 'glassy' in terms of feel, like riding on rails right up until they let go and you die - Metzeler M5s might be better in that respect, but Powers handle and grip very well on the road overall, wet and dry. I'm happy to stick with them myself for any bike with 17" rims.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_mate View Post

I do mostly road riding(quite quick paced)
    I hope you've improved some shit loads.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I'll never use Pures again. Initally they feel good and better for fast riding than Powers but when visibly 2/3 worn they just lose all cornering grip - it's dump the tires or they will dump you. Never had tires go off the boil so suddenly and without warning. Damn scary.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I'll never use Pures again. Initally they feel good and better for fast riding than Powers but when visibly 2/3 worn they just lose all cornering grip - it's dump the tires or they will dump you. Never had tires go off the boil so suddenly and without warning. Damn scary.
    Wow, that sounds quite different to my experience. On my third set of Pures and the second set I ran down to near slicks without issue. But yeah, if that's how it went for you I'd be wary to try them again too.

Thread Information