Thread: Spyder brake pedal mods?

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50

Spyder brake pedal mods?

Does anyone have a Can-Am Spyder (or familiar with them) and can tell me if the brake pedal on the semi auto models can be easily taken off from the right hand foot side and relocated to the left side??

I understand they are hydraulic brakes so guessing the move would be possible in theory.

My wife has the motorbike bug and is disabled and can't ride 2 wheels so were looking at the option of a Trike, which would have to be reg for riding on a car license, but was over at Boyds Suzuki yesterday and looked at the Spyder and figured with the mod I recon she could ride one on her car license.
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Anything is possible.
    Is there actually a lever on the left bar? If not, I am sure a Hydraulic clutch master cylinder could be put there to activate the rear brake.

But, not totally familer with them.
    Does the brake pedal opperate ALL brakes like a car?

Can't really tell from the advertising pics.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    There are handbrake kits for them out of the States if that helps.

If not, I reckon a clever fabricator could easily relocate the brake pedal to the left hand side. Would involve all new lines to the ABS unit and the like but I'm sure it'd easily achieved.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    There are handbrake kits for them out of the States if that helps.

If not, I reckon a clever fabricator could easily relocate the brake pedal to the left hand side. Would involve all new lines to the ABS unit and the like but I'm sure it'd easily achieved.
    I like the handbrake over the footbrake idea. I never quite got used to reaching for my brake lever and it not being there.
    Last edited by blackdog; 4th March 2012 at 16:41. Reason: Oh, and not having to put yer feet down lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Thread Information