Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Superbikes

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    I'm actually with OAB; I think the OP is probably for real.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Heh, reminds me of me. I came here to own a superbike.
    We don't have over 200cc where I came from.

I'd say you can't go wrong with CBR600. Hondas are always easier to ride as it is softer.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Well, well, well.

Props for not being a conformist and proposing on Valentine's Day.
    And the Sherlock Holmes award goes to....

Well spotted!

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...if yer in dorkland area i hear ya only need a scooter...next best thing after that would be the new Norton...or failing that get down to a racing club and say hello...

cams-racing.org.nz

Bike
    a red heap
    You should buy this its quicker than any sportsbike.

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Most bikes in India are 50-125cc, very light weight and no high speed riding. What bikes have you ridden?

You're new to NZ, the roads are different, other road users are different. Try a 250 first (I was looking at bigger bikes earlier but decided to stay with the 250's for now and haven't regretted it. Try a Honda Hornet or Suzuki Bandit.

At the very least do some motorcycle handling courses in NZ, They will teach you alot about how to ride our roads safely. I plan on doing at least one motorcycle training course before sitting my full licence and I've ridden over 30,000km on the 250's I have owned aswell as riding bikes since I was 12 (raced a 500 since I was 16). But that's racing, riding on the road. Road riding is about survival first, fun second.

That's just my opinion, would like to hear what you bike experience is. What bikes you have ridden and what sort of speeds you usually rode at? city riding or out in the country?
    Wow!! Racing 500 since 16 was awesome!! I dunno if you know about Indian roads. They are 20 times busier than NZ roads so when i say i got 7 years of exp in riding its on those heavy traffic roads.
    I have ridden 250s (Karizma, Pulsar) and famous yamaha R15 for a while. That is the reason i don't want to get a 250 because i know how they feels. I have never been on the track with my bikes but have done lot of illegal street racing

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Trust me, get a black Yamaha R6 and put some red flames down the sides for that super-custom look. Then get yourself some white boots and always maintain a classy hairstyle. Do these three things and you will be a kick-arse superbike dude in no time.
    Thanks for that suggestion

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

Wonder if they're already a member, in which case spank will identify the IP... hehe and combine identities.

Anyway, Deepak, if you want sports I suggest a Hayabusa, because you're clearly ready for it. If you didn't like sportsbikes so much I'd suggest a Triumph Rocket, it's engine is almost twice the size around 2L (the busa is only 1.3L)
    Thats really funny!! I am not ready for 1L class.. wanna say something different this time ?

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Wow harsh audience in here huh. Whatever happened to 'benefit of the doubt'? The good ol' Kiwi way.

If indeed you are legit (and I have checked the 'Aliases' section in the Mod's forum and he doesn't show up there) and you have had 7yrs experience, and consider yourself a good rider, than a 600 sportsbike should be fine for you as long as you are a sensible rider. However the current laws here require you to ride a bike of 250cc or less for both your 'learners' and 'restricted' license periods so insurance and possible finance options will be limited.

However if you are still going to go buy a 600, may I recommend a CBR600RR? My fiancée rides one and it is a very easy bike to ride, one of the lightest in its class, with a reasonable mid-range as well. Good build quality, typical Honda really. Look on www.trademe.co.nz for options.

If you are a troll, then my loss. I got duped by a computer screen, woe is me.
    Thanks a lot for that suggestion!! Actually i can get a full licence without going to the restricted as i have full Indian licence. All i have to do is write a test and give a practical test the next day!! And i am not a troll!!

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    I have two questions
    What is your blood type, and are you a donor on your licence?
    I think you should just get a ZX10r - they are really learner friendly for a beginner to big bikes, and it will make you look like valentino rossi cos its so easy to ride!
    I think my blood type is AB- but not sure and no i am not a donor on my license.. So you reckon ZX10r ?? won't it be too much for me as i have no superbike experience before ?? I thought of starting with 600 class but it its 1L then the jump is too much.. wat do you think ??

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by skdeepak88 View Post
    I think my blood type is AB- but not sure and no i am not a donor on my license.. So you reckon ZX10r ?? won't it be too much for me as i have no superbike experience before ?? I thought of starting with 600 class but it its 1L then the jump is too much.. wat do you think ??
    I think you should start with a 600 as onearmbandit says.... Be fun on the track too
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot View Post
    Heh, reminds me of me. I came here to own a superbike.
    We don't have over 200cc where I came from.

I'd say you can't go wrong with CBR600. Hondas are always easier to ride as it is softer.
    May be you are right as you are the second person to say go with CBR!! thanks for tat advice

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    You should buy this its quicker than any sportsbike.
    Sorry!! i duno if you read my actual question!! or may be you want to sell tat stuff to me!! I am sorry again i am not interested in Suzuki S40 anyways

Bike
    2002 Bajaj Pulsar 180
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    I think you should start with a 600 as onearmbandit says.... Be fun on the track too
    So you are saying go with CBR as onearmbandit is saying!!! Well so i got 3 ppl suggesting me this machine!! Thanks for that!!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by skdeepak88 View Post
    I have never been on the track with my bikes but have done lot of illegal street racing
    You and I are going to have fun.

Thread Information