Thread: SMC AGM - Friday 9 March

Bike
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R

SMC AGM - Friday 9 March

2012 AGM

Friday 9th March
    Starts: ~5pm (assemble from 4.30pm onwards)
    Venue: Study area LEVEL 0 KATE EDGAR BUILDING @ Auckland University (Just look for the helmets on one of the tables)

(Kate Edgar Building is the big green glass building on the corner of Symonds Street and Grafton Road)

All members are welcome, come along and vote in your executives, stand for a position or bring along your bright ideas. We’re hoping to change the executive this year so if you’re interested in taking over please make an effort to come along.
    This is necessary in order to affiliate and we need 20% of members present for the meeting to be official, so please make an effort and have your say!

Hope to see you there!

Bike
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Election Results:

Master of Arms – Aviral
    Safety Officer – Deveshoan
    Mascot – Larry
    Treasurer – Grant
    Secretary – Aviral
    President – Simon
    Vice President - Luke

Bike
    Too many to count
    For those of us in employmet or otherwise tied up with the dreaded 5pm lectures, can the SMC please stop having AGMs at 5pm? I actually did try to attend with what notice was given but leaving work at 5:30pm from henderson makes that a bit difficult

Bike
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R
    A simple email or reply to this thread letting us know you know you couldn't make it and we could have easily rescheduled the AGM. How were we supposed to know you couldn't attend if you didn't tell us?

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    A simple email or reply to this thread letting us know you know you couldn't make it and we could have easily rescheduled the AGM. How were we supposed to know you couldn't attend if you didn't tell us?
    Because the "venue confirmed" email about it was sent 36 hours prior to the meeting, which meant I read it less than 24 hours before the meeting. My reply may not have been read until after the meet.

So I actually tried to get there but work turned to shit at the last minute (as it usually does) - tried calling but no luck

My point is, as I've said prior/after the last two (or three now?) AGMs that happened at 5pm on a friday, that 5pm on a friday is not conducive to the required minimum turnout - even for UofA students this can be a push, let alone AUT/BRONZ/postgrad/working members. Back in the good ol' days it was 7-8pm in either shadows or a AUSA clubroom so that everyone could make it and have a say.

Bike
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    Because the "venue confirmed" email about it was sent 36 hours prior to the meeting, which meant I read it less than 24 hours before the meeting.
    This thread was started on the 5th of March clearly stating the time, date and venue, giving you ample time to let me know if it didn't suit you.

Additionally, not only did I send out an email the night before the AGM, I also sent one out almost a week beforehand stating the time and date but said the venue still had yet to be confirmed. The reason you didn't receive this is because you didn't respond to the first newsletter of the year (sent out in February) which asked you to reply if you wanted to stay on the mailing list (This email also stated the time and date of the AGM but said the venue still had yet to be confirmed). I included you in the Thursday night reminder because I integrated the 2011 and 2012 mailing lists together. As well as this, I posted a reminder on the club's Facebook page too.

Last year's AGM (which wasn't run by me) was held at 5pm, so I thought it was appropriate to do the same this year since I never heard anyone complain about it back then.

Wouldn't the best time to say something about an AGM you missed be within a few days after the meeting took place rather than 2 weeks afterwards??

Bike
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R
    I see what you mean though and it makes sense to run the meeting a bit later next time.

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Andrew just loves to find reasons to complain, don't take it too personally.

Thread Information