Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: DB1K - Dusty Butt 1000 2013

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    Yes, but while he snored normally on Friday night, Sunday night it sounded like a broken bag pipe. Had me scrambling for the ear plugs within 10min.
    You didn't see the sign up at the pub warning the townsfolk about his snoring did you?

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Yes, will be sure to post a photo of mentioned shock. Thanks to everyone for all their help on the moors Sunday. Got home safely before it got too dark.
    Thanks again Ryan for another excellent event, and a fabulous meal on Friday.
    Cheers. Mark

P.S Entries close 31st Jan for the TT2000 if anyone is into long distance rides. tt2000.org

Bike
    KTM690ER, KTM950SER
    Blog Entries

Thanks Ryan

A great weekend - thanks to Ryan & family for all your time & effort, and great meal on Friday. Woodman & Rigley for your company, I agree one of the best so far. Sorry Woodman I'm not much of a nurse, but you were much happier with the real thing!!!!!!
    Cheers
    JC

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries
    THANKS~RYAN, FOR A GREAT EFFORT, THAT HAS TURNED INTO A GREAT EVENT!

Mark and I had a great ride and really enjoyed the terrain!

Good Lord willing I will be back next year.............................................. ...................and the next
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    got home after work last & found this, at least it wasn't my nose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010442.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	276997  
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    God, I hope that's an elbow

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Ryan that was a week end... Thanks

Apart from dumping the in a river only to look up
    and see TA sitting on the bank in the middle of nowhere
    with his dam vidio camrea..
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    2012 660 Tenere
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    God, I hope that's an elbow
    he he he
    Contact me for all your Suzuki DRZ400 And Dr650 bash plate needs. Made to order

Bike
    800XC

another thanks

Thanks Ryan - another great weekend - things were agin' me but I did get some great riding in

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    ....Apart from dumping the in a river only to look up
    and see TA sitting on the bank in the middle of nowhere
    with his dam vidio camrea..
    Wasn't really in the middle of no where, that was THE river I already dedicated two videos to from the last two years but yeah, thanks for that.
    I think you may be the only person to do it properly in front of the camera for me the whole ride, saw another on Matts ride and the results of some others around about but not caught on camera.
    I'm still looking through the files though and I filled a boot there too before walking back in.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    DRZ400
    Quote Originally Posted by umopom View Post
    A great weekend - thanks to Ryan & family for all your time & effort, and great meal on Friday. Woodman & Rigley for your company, I agree one of the best so far. Sorry Woodman I'm not much of a nurse, but you were much happier with the real thing!!!!!!
    Cheers
    JC
    I will second that, thanks guys for all your support during the ride, turned out a bit eventful with my electrical charging system turning to custard on Sunday afternoon. THANK GOD for the tow rope which I just happened to win a spot prize off Ryan! Hey thanks so much for your generous RK chain voucher. The help of Dave Whittam, without him, I would have never made it back to Omarama, thanks Dave, please drop by if you are in the Tasman district.
    A special thank you for all the help I got from Terry at the Mobil petrol station in Omarama, where my bike finally died a death, he kindly allowed me to store my bike in his garage, charge my battery over night and phoned around to find me accommodation for the night, taking me to the back packers and picking me up in the morning. He flatly refused any payment, agreeing on me buying him a pint next time I passed through Omarama, what a great guy!

Looking forward to next years DB, once I change my burnt out Stator on the bike

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE

Trainer wheels wanted for BMW

Not to put a finer point on things BUT I am looking for a set of trainer wheels to fit a BMW , not sure of the model so please see the pictures attached to help identify the bike .

Unfortunately the pictures I got weren’t from a good angle and I didn’t want to approach the native SHREK monster riding the bike in case he threw some swamp nog at me.

Please call me on 0800 trainers

BTW dont tell SHREK I posted this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080075.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	371.1 KB 
ID:	277012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080089.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	277013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080091.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	243.6 KB 
ID:	277014  
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    BSA A10
    If I had to carry someone his size I'd get tired and need to lie down a lot too
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms

Spectacular

OMFG ! Wow what a spectacular weekend, as a virgin 'Duster' I am still fizzing at what an awesome weekend that was. Seldom have I ever experienced such a concentration of invigorating riding and gobsmacking scenery as I have this past weekend. Highlights include the scenery of the Glenfalloch station, combining the dual passions of mountains and motorbikes over Awakino saddle - mindblowing, the clay speedway tracks accross the Lammamores, and the staggering scenery of Bannockbuhrn lake and Black Forest, and of course putting a face to all the names known to me only through KB.
    Huge ups and many thanks to Ryan and Matt and assorted helpers who pulled the weekend together and I look forward to seeing you all again next year and many in the mean time around the traps.
    Looking forward also to see some vids as people finish their editing as I smashed my gopro mount on day 1 !

Cheers all
    P

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials Rider View Post
    Not to put a finer point on things BUT I am looking for a set of trainer wheels to fit a BMW , not sure of the model so please see the pictures attached to help identify the bike .

Unfortunately the pictures I got weren’t from a good angle and I didn’t want to approach the native SHREK monster riding the bike in case he threw some swamp nog at me.

Please call me on 0800 trainers

BTW dont tell SHREK I posted this
    I know where you live

please note the offending cow shit in 1st pic, & well the next two
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Thread Information