Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New dirt bike mag for New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Did this magazine ever get published? Was a second edition ever published?
    Second edition out now - I've bought the first two for support in a new venture,but they're on their own now.Not enough in it for me to continue buying it,Kiwi Rider is better for my needs.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    None any more
    Did anybody other than Motu buy a copy?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Got one.
    They have some VMX stuff

Bike
    2008 Suzuki RM250
    I've bought a couple of issues of this mag but I don't find it nowhere as good as the ADB magazine, Got a dvd with one issue but it was crap was just promoting no toil air filter oil... I don't think much of their Bike Reviews either they don't really seem to know what they are on about they said a KDX 200 was a good beginners bike, hahaha I've owned a 2001 model of one of these myself with a Pro Circuit Exhaust and Tail Pipe on it and these things have killer low down power more so than a KX250 IMO and they were comparing it with a CRF230? and said it had just had alright low down power... it's a well known enduro weapon for crying out loud wtf I know a number of people who have been thrown by them too

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    That's why the DVD had "ADVERT" written on it.

The KDX200 is a good beginners bike and a good intermediate bike too.

An RM125 will beat one in a Cross Country with the same ability rider on them. It will have more low down power than the KX250 but as soon as the revs climb the KX will leave it for dead - tuned for different purposes.

They have been tuned for bottom end. One could say "almost like a 4st".

PS. I like the mag. They have reviews of Nelson stuff and VMX...

Bike
    2008 Suzuki RM250
    lol man I wouldnt say a KDX 200 is a good beginners bike, with their lethal low down power for somebody who has never ridden a off road bike before would get caught out by one easily I am an experienced off road rider myself and I almost got thrown my first time on a 96 model I thought it would be nothing being an only a 200 2 smoke but it caught me out good, I know a guy who traded in a 04 one not long after he bought it cause he got thrown from it and was easily noticeble from the scathing marks on the rear guard, a 125 2 smoke or something like a XR200 I would call a good beginners bike 125's are tame throughout the rev range and your pretty much on the throttle on them all the time to get any speed out of them and yes I know what a KX250 is like cause I had a 02 model myself. I value the opinions from the experts in the ADB mags or the Dirt Action ones more than I do from Dirt Rider.

Good,someone else who thinks a KDX is not really a learners bike.These are a bike capable of winning an enduro with a good rider aboard.I think experienced riders think they are a little tame and easy to ride,so think they are easy to learn on.I could clean up the watercooled KDX's on my XR200,you can push them pretty hard too - but the XR200 is a much better bike to learn on.I've heard people say my DT230 is much tamer than a KDX200,no way would I recomend a learner to ride a DT230,the power comes on very hard,and it takes a gentle hand on the throttle to keep traction,unleashed a learner would go straight down.You don't want to be learning to control power just starting out,their skills aren't that developed.

Maybe I'm just an old fart and these learners are already better than I ever was.....

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Learners = 4-strokes.

Could keep a lot more people in the sport if they didn't start on a "twitchy" 2-stroke.

Thread Information