Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First test ride!

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    I love how my threads become so entertaining

I said right at the beginning that I wanted a Yamaha R15. I still do, so I think I'm gonna try to find one and buy that instead. I did test ride one a little while ago, and it was a better size than the gpx. I really am quite small, so I want something smaller. So mid winter, I'll have my deposit. Come spring, I'll hopefully have a brand new bike. They weigh a bit less than the gpx. Being a 150, people will tell me I'll get bored of it, but we can cross that bridge once I'm on the road towards it. At the moment, I'm sitting on the grass, enjoying the scenery.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    That's not entertaining in the scheme of things this thread is tame.

Enjoy the view from the grass and in the meantime (as you said) don't ride like a moron, specially not on borrowed bikes

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    I love how my threads become so entertaining
    You must be easily amused ... men love that in a woman ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    One of the people who came with me on my test ride, well, lets just say I'm no longer chasing cupcakes. Friend of a friend, and we spent most of the weekend together. Hrmm... He also sat there, and listened patiently, while I had an attack of woman logic all over the idea of the 150. Then hung round sniffing when I thrust stuff in his face (don't get grossed out, this was at Lush) and mostly agreeing with me.

Totally unrelated to bikes, but wheeee

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    PM ARMI on here. Hes selling a fx150 I think that goes like stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Hey don't go using 'woman logic' to explain your thinking. Sniffing indeed - not cupcake chasing anymore? Is this a less than subtle way of signaling you are up for it? That's a great move on here. Enjoy all that unwanted (or perhaps not unwanted) attention.

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Anyone who has been following my posts will know what I'm talking about. Those who haven't, well.

Chasing cupcakes, is not a metaphor for anything. Cupcakes was a nickname, thats passed its expiry date.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    You are right I haven't been following your posts others won't have been either

You thouggt your thread had become entertaining...this is KB's version of entertaining...welcome

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    . . . . . .

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Wow great post! Well thought out comeback, yeah you'll do well here.

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    You're still here? If a thread doesn't interest you, why do you keep coming back?

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    The thread doesn't interest me but pushing your buttons does...and you keep responding so it's good times!

You aren't the first noob girly poser to come on here talking about 'red mist' when riding around town on someone else's bike while admitting you perhaps shouldn't ride like you know what you are doing when you don't. It's kinda cute in a painful and slightly embarrassing way.

Just keep in mind you don't prove anything by mouthing off about your abilities on an Internet site also your splitting on the gorge is actually quite bloody dodgy and definitely unskilled. Have you taken some rider lessons yet?

Roadsafe is a good rider training school. Temple ton will sort you out in no time so you are ready for the 150.

Good you've been clear about your plans too, now anyone with a bike bigger than 150 will know you are just a tyre kicker wannabe who may actually never get a bike

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    This isn't too big an issue really. I have had Shoei, shark and Arais all fine. Think it's only a problem if you have Ray Charles-esq or aviators or Jackie O styles

Think I might've spotted you on the scooter splitting down gorge, thanks for moving over for me and just be ware that you don't have the noise or road presence as on a bike (lower and quieter) so have your spidey senses switched to high power always! People drive like twits on the gorge, changing lanes in a second without warning. Not such an issue for people on loud obnoxious bikes like mine...my Rocco tends to part the traffic like ole what's his name in the Bible did to the sea.

Enjoy these first steps it's like a revelation eh
    Just remembered this post, When I rode down the gorge, it was saturday afternoon, and minimal traffic. Had T on the ducati behind, and A on the bandit ahead. I saved the splitting for through town. It was still stupid though, and I won't be doing it again. It felt very wrong.

Once I've got my bike, I'm going to take on every available training course I can. Sure it won't save me from other people, but I can help lower the risk by riding safer.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    You must be easily amused ... men love that in a woman ...
    I won't tell you what I like in a woman then...

The R15 are a very cool bike, I'd buy one if I wasn't mad and wanting a tiny Honda 125 twin...
    Go well for what they are too and look tits!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    I won't tell you what I like in a woman then...

The R15 are a very cool bike, I'd buy one if I wasn't mad and wanting a tiny Honda 125 twin...
    Go well for what they are too and look tits!
    Hahaha the alternative is the baby honda! But I really want the yamaha, cos I fell in love with them a while back. Although there is a honda out at motomart, just its a shame i don't like them. It does fit the criteria of being small, and being a honda though.

Thread Information