Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback from round 4 NZSBK

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I have made no assumptions
    You can't compare the number stamped on your bike with any MNZ or council imposed limit. The distance, descriptor used, etc etc are not the same. See my post in the other thread about differences in testing regimes
    And errors. Apples with apples
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
    Yes and no...I realize they don't race at MNZ events (as they are cars not bikes) but everyone is saying it is the Council that imposes these noise limits on the tracks not MNZ, MNZ merely police their/our own laws which happen to be the same as the Councils 95Db limit....apparently?! Anyway, it has been raised with MNZ and it will be sorted I'm sure...this thread is interesting non the less.
    I think the point you are trying to argue is the same as being busted for speeding out of a queue of traffic all doing the same speed.....the world is not far and not all law breakers get caught all the time.

The fact that others possibly (and no facts have ever been presented on F5000 noise levels and it's all subjective comment right now) broke the rules and didn't get caught is not our direct concern or a mandate for us to also go do the same.

If you want to compare us against the cars, I'd suggest go do teh hoem work on their noise level requirements, talk to the council and organisers about their limits, etc.

Also, don't forget, at Puke there is a sign before you cross the track that says 95db.....

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    You can't compare the number stamped on your bike with any MNZ or council imposed limit. The distance, descriptor used, etc etc are not the same. See my post in the other thread about differences in testing regimes
    And errors. Apples with apples
    What does potential mean?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    What does potential mean?
    Sloan mate, its half twelve and I am unable to sleep despite the concoction of drugs I am on due to my room mate snoring at about 70+ dBA.

My current state of mind means I am not sure if you're taking the piss or what bro, but as a fellow racer (albeit on a pretty quiet pro twin), I only want to help resolve any noise issues that affect our sport as a whole, if I am able to do so.

I can tell you that I seriously question whether a bit of cloud cover in the afternoon (on its own) has the potential for a 6dBA increase in measured noise levels. That physically does not make sense to me.

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Oh my post regarding the variables etc involved in testing noise were contained earlier in this thread, not the other one.

Bike
    Yo momma
    The facts are as follows.
    Gentlemen like Sterling Moss and Peter Brock race cars on television so they can make all the noise they want.
    Murderers and rapists like the Hells Angels race motorbikes so what ever the amount of noise you make, it will ALWAYS be too much.

This was the attitude I came across a few years back when the AMCC was supporting the Mt Wellington Kart Club with its application to build a new track in the old Winstones quarry. We had official noise tests done (and passed with flying colors), had all the paperwork and results confirmed several times at the request of the council but were still told to fuck off.

Bike
    R1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The facts are as follows.
    Gentlemen like Sterling Moss and Peter Brock race cars on television so they can make all the noise they want.
    Murderers and rapists like the Hells Angels race motorbikes so what ever the amount of noise you make, it will ALWAYS be too much.

This was the attitude I came across a few years back when the AMCC was supporting the Mt Wellington Kart Club with its application to build a new track in the old Winstones quarry. We had official noise tests done (and passed with flying colors), had all the paperwork and results confirmed several times at the request of the council but were still told to fuck off.
    Hey guys got a mate who does a bit of car racing and apparently the councils allow for a special dispensation on certain weekends of the year if asked, this is how the nzv8s etc can get around these rules.

Bike
    Most likely under the district plan temporary events rule or as a condition of resource consent. Local council town planner would be able to advise further on this.

Bike
    XT660r
    The weekend went well, not many hold ups, quick oil clean up incorarated with the Muscle Cars doing a track drive

The PA is rubbish, at the pit entry/Barrel 51 corner you cant hear the PA and other places around the pits where you cant see the track is is realy loud

Spectator veiwing at HD is not the best, can't do much about that with the track layout

The entry form said 16th, 17th and 18th, it wasn't mention anywhere on the entry form that the 16th wasnt included in the entry fee, only listed in the supplemenary regs.

$290 entry + $90 for the 16th practice 2/3rds (1pm till 6pm) of a day.

None of the other of the National rounds said three days and only ment two, they all said friday practice (not included in entry cost) and said two days on the forms
    Dale Kerrigan: If there's anything Dad loved more than serenity, it was a big two stroke engine on full throttle!

Bike
    2011, Hyosung GT650R
    Agreed. I had an awesome time on the new track with some great challenges, the event ran pretty well and the Sunday riders briefing was entertaining, but there were the downers...

As RDjase said, "16th, 17th and 18th, it wasn't mention anywhere on the entry form that the 16th wasnt included in the entry fee, only listed in the supplemenary regs".

My first e-mail from the club said, "This e-mail is confirmation that the Auckland Motorcycle Club has received your entry to the New Zealand Superbike Championships, Hampton Downs on the 16-17-18 March 2012." I then received a e-mail on the 11th, (only four days before the event) which notified us that we had to re-enter the 16th Friday at a fee of $90. After calling the AMCC club president and him saying that the club had made a mistake, he then said in and e-mail back to us that there had been no mistake on the clubs behalf and that is the way they have run for the past three years.

I'm a 17 year old student who paid $290 entry + $70 transponder equaling $360, which was a very expensive race weekend. Then four days before the event we were told we needed to dig up another $90 for the Friday practice that we needed as we had never ridden the track before.

($90 for 45 minutes track time, if you were out for the full session each time, wasn't very impressive either.)

But yes, the track is awesome and we had some great racing. Would I go back there for that price when Taupo ran the way it did for much much less? Probably not.

Again with RDjase, the loud speaker was pretty bad where we were and we just had to assume some of the call when we didn't hear anything.

Bike
    all sorts
    Blog Entries

Feedback

Hi.
    I will offer you some feedback of the negative variety sorry.
    The 125 cc TT race was a disaster for us caused by very extremely piss poor officiating.
    We bought an RS125 all the way from Dunedin just to race the TT, Tim McArthur was the pilot on the bike, he went out in qualifying and secured position two on the grid but did not take part in any of the other races due to the fact he was focussing on riding the 600 that he was on for this season.
    Anyway we get the bike ready and out he goes for the warm up lap of the TT and then he realises he/we did not have the transponder on the bike, it was still on the 600! He came into the pits to fit the transponder like a good lad and prepared himself for a pitlane start. The officials at the entrance to the track told him to go out, he tells him he is going to do a pitlane start as the rest of the field is already gridded up.
    They insist that he goes out so he does as he is told and heads out assuming that the field will do another warm up lap. When he was at Barrel 51 they started the race!

He comes around and sees no bikes on the grid but sees grid marshals still on the track which had to break into a jog to get off the track. At this stage he is not sure if the race is on or whether they are doing another warm up lap. Next time around its clear that the race is underway and he was ripped off.

Why was the race not red flagged when it was clear that there was a cockup...He had to pass the pace car on his warm up lap...this is how racers get killed when poorly trained people make stupid mistakes.

I attempted to get any official that would listen to do something but they said it was the COC who had control and he's in an apartment that I cannot get to!

End result he rides his arse off for 15 laps with a good 30 second deficit and then a slow lap as he assumes it was a warm up lap and still finishes 5th with the fastest race time and the fastest lap.

He was pissed as was I yet officialdom did nothing. Chris said we could write a letter and get his entry fee back. I spoke to Greg on the track entrance and he said yeah we cocked it up. That is why officials have radios so they can communicate such errors and then they can be fixed.

Fact is the race should have been red flagged when it was clear an error was made.

It was just the 125's who cares right, that was the attitude I got which is not acceptable, it was a NZ title race not some club day.

Simply put not good enough.

Kevin Goddard
    Race Supplies
    Dunedin.

Thread Information