Thread: Great turnout for Hampton Downs by posties

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis

Great turnout for Hampton Downs by posties

Big congrats to all involved in the posties at having such a great line-up of bikes a the recent 2012 round 4 nationals round at Hampton as a support class.
    A bonus to the organizing club is that many riders who are involved in Postie racing - dont race in any of the modern era classes, - therefore involving this group of racers as a support class genuinley lifts the entry numbers for any given event. (rather than creating new classes of racing that often simply "thin-out" the numbers of riders per class).

Posties were even a support class at this years Australian GP meeting, - which confirms their strong recognition amongst the organisers and world-wide fan support.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Yep! I couldn't be there but was stunned when I checked out MyLaps and saw the numbers. Would have been great racing too.........

.............if that bloody Silver Dream Racer hadn't turned up and everyone.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Yep! I couldn't be there but was stunned when I checked out MyLaps and saw the numbers. Would have been great racing too.........

.............if that bloody Silver Dream Racer hadn't turned up and everyone.

So when are you coming to play Spuddly ?, - BTW - it was a complete turnaround for posties at the very next round at Taupo where the Pacific Motorcycle Club generously supported the class and included it in their NATIONAL LEVEL event. There was only about a third of the field size compared to Hampton. Apparently the reason is no one wants to drive the 3 hours to the track!. (The truth though i suspect is that given the average age of most of the postie boys, many of them are restricted to not being allowed to drive at night aye) :-)

Was another awesome national event with fantastic racing in all classes at the very top level that we have here, was worth it just for that, let-alone another excuse to ride the BIMOTA

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Apparently the reason is no one wants to drive the 3 hours to the track!. (The truth though i suspect is that given the average age of most of the postie boys, many of them are restricted to not being allowed to drive at night aye) :-)
    Speak for yourself - I'm younger than you are!

Yeah, Hampton was a great turn out.

Taupo....I'd done my chips time and money wise for this season by then (too many toys) and already saving for next big event (which is Europe) AND I'm no fan of Taupo.....

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I was really surprised at the size of the Posties field (or lack of) at Taupo compared to Hampton Downs.

But I wasn't at all surprised at the lack of entries for the Motards. Seems those boys are their own worst enemy sometimes.

Did you break something on the Bim' Glen?? Seven corners then parking it up was a bit of a surprise.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I was really surprised at the size of the Posties field (or lack of) at Taupo compared to Hampton Downs.

But I wasn't at all surprised at the lack of entries for the Motards. Seems those boys are their own worst enemy sometimes.

Did you break something on the Bim' Glen?? Seven corners then parking it up was a bit of a surprise.
    Had an electrical gremlin, couldnt find any fault though upon inspection and the bike ran perfect the very next race ..... ,followed by much scratching of heads & confused looks on faces as to what the problem was.

Bike
    I sold it
    Had an electrical gremlin, couldnt find any fault though upon inspection and the bike ran perfect the very next race ..... ,followed by much scratching of heads & confused looks on faces as to what the problem was.

Is that the same as saying " Had a small issue that made me look like a nob so im not telling you what it was but i fixed it for the next race ok " ????

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    The turn out at Taupo was disapointing but was to be expected.
    Most racers will pick what series and races they want to do. Alot of the Posties are either from Auckland way or way down south. So AMCC, NZPCRA series or Vic series always have big numbers.
    Unfortunately the PMCC hasn't drawn too many bikes in the postie class to date, hopefully it will increase next year (I may give it ago for a change).
    But Hampton Downs was also a NZPCRA points round, had national TT titles plus long races.
    Taupo was only going to attract those doing the series and sitting around all weekend for three very short (5 lap) races was going to be difficult attracting bikes.
    Just my opinion.
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    Is that the same as saying " Had a small issue that made me look like a nob so im not telling you what it was but i fixed it for the next race ok " ????
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    You mean like turning a fuel tap off or summat like that then ?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    You mean like turning a fuel tap off or summat like that then ?
    HaHa yeah i wish it were something simple, aint found nothing yet.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Sounds like its you thats used that line before ?, but then again - not surprising if a Honda is your choice of mount............... (nibble, nibble :-) )

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    The turn out at Taupo was disapointing but was to be expected.
    Most racers will pick what series and races they want to do. Alot of the Posties are either from Auckland way or way down south. So AMCC, NZPCRA series or Vic series always have big numbers.
    Unfortunately the PMCC hasn't drawn too many bikes in the postie class to date, hopefully it will increase next year (I may give it ago for a change).
    But Hampton Downs was also a NZPCRA points round, had national TT titles plus long races.
    Taupo was only going to attract those doing the series and sitting around all weekend for three very short (5 lap) races was going to be difficult attracting bikes.
    Just my opinion.

"Sitting around" - whilst watchin the best racers and race bikes in the country ? - where's the passion? :-)

I'll forgive you though Pete, at least you popped in to check out the fun whilst still on the clock at work.................

Bike
    I sold it
    Sounds like its you thats used that line before ?, but then again - not surprising if a Honda is your choice of mount............... (nibble, nibble :-) )
    Nibble away old fella , im still cracking up at the , " sub tropical Palmerston North " title

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    It all depends on your interpretation of the word "Sub" i suppose :-).

The only suspect i found was a squished coil wire trapped behind a bracket, so maybe it was that.

Thread Information