Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So girls, I have a question for you

Bike
    suzuki rf900 & triumph thunderbird 1600
    my mrs would n't go on the back of my rf,because she felt unsafe and didn't like the felling of sliding forward into my back, and the foot pegs were too far back and hurt her knees,she wouldn't go anywhere with me on the bike.
    she also had the"what happens to the kids if some bad happens to me" thing going on, i also have triumph thunderbird 1600,when I got it ,I got her to sit on the back ...engine off,just got her to try it out for size,,,, well now I can't get her off the bloody thing.
    she got over what happens to kids thing because she feels safer on the triumph

I hope this helps and good luck,,, as the add says "it wont happen over night,but it will happen"

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rfryder View Post
    my mrs would n't go on the back of my rf,because she felt unsafe and didn't like the felling of sliding forward into my back, and the foot pegs were too far back and hurt her knees,she wouldn't go anywhere with me on the bike.
    she also had the"what happens to the kids if some bad happens to me" thing going on, i also have triumph thunderbird 1600,when I got it ,I got her to sit on the back ...engine off,just got her to try it out for size,,,, well now I can't get her off the bloody thing.
    she got over what happens to kids thing because she feels safer on the triumph

I hope this helps and good luck,,, as the add says "it wont happen over night,but it will happen"
    my wife cryed when asked her sit on the back the vfr 750 and engine wasint even going

then when at city honda pn she said i like thta one oh good lord its 45 grand goldwing.

and am enemplyed ex cleaner hehe she said she wanted back rest so felt wasint going fly off

This woman rode her dads quad bike got air born on the beach

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I rode pillion on the back of an R1 from Auckland to Taupo... every bump felt like someone slapping my ass with a fence pailing, by Tirau I was begging for mercy and a fat arse.

Has your wifey given you reasons as to why she wont get on a bike? Is she scared of the "what may happen if we crash" factors?
    My wifey loves being on the back of my bike and I would like to take her out on it more often but I find I am scared (over cautious) when wifey is on the back, last thing I want to do is tell her parents I hurt (or worse) their daughter, plus don't want to mess up that sexy body!!!
    yeah some women been terrfied as young people some loon ..actaully out my 4

victims i mean sisters only one really liked pillion actually asked me go quicker.

And not quick rider esp with pillion. mind you she did nearly fly of the back xl 600

When went accros railway tracks of moorehouse ave spension went up front and legs went past me i held on to her cause i feared death when got home . and she only 13 years.

mind you some people are not good pillions or pasengers even in a car .

when i drive all seem fall asleep bit of putting. must be my amazing personailty and art conversation

Bike
    Speed Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzpure View Post
    Well as the title states i have a question for you.
    I want to try get my wife into bikes. Her dads always ridden but she won't even go pillion.
    The reason i want to get her into it is because i want my girls (5 month old twins ) to be able to have a go when they are older.
    I raise this issue now as i assure you i need to put in plenty of ground work before she will even let me get them some peewee 4 wheelers.
    what do?
    Don't try to force your wife into bikes. It just might not be her thing.

But do push your kids a little. A small quad bike is a good starting point for about $1000 - money easily recovered if kids are not interested.

One of my boys started on an LT50 quad when he was 2 and is now very confident on a 2 wheeler CRF50 at age 4. The other boy (age 3) however is interested more in TV just like his mum, grrr....

Just go and buy a bike for your girls when you feel the time is right (after all you are the expert in the field in your household) and your wife will come around when she sees the happiness it brings to your children. She will soon realise that it will become an important family activity and she will join in or miss out on some fantastic times

It sounds to me like "Grandad" will be in your corner on this issue if he is still around so that is a bonus, unlike my father in law who can't see the sense in having 15 bikes (tosser he is)

Thread Information