Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Fast Eddie's Aprilia RS250 rebuild & restore

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    yea, i recon ill just grab a 30 buck bit off trademe, the ad claims its the bit that ppl use to polish rims and engines haha gotta work

you're more than welcome to come use my sheds bro, under cover, i got stands/lifts and all the tools you'd need its welcome to sit there for a while as the job gets completed too..

shit i almost have a loaner bike too..

I should open up a garage
    thanks ill concider it
    i have the old 88 xl250 as a runaround anyway just need to replace the rev counter cable again and fix the speedo

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Woah.. dust this f*ckn thread off and lets get back to it.

Sidecar is up in Hamilton recieving repairs after I bumped it into a wall and flipped it over at Hampton Downs over the long weekend, vids on www.youtube.com/southislandsidecars.

Anyway since thats on the North Island I'v got the RS to fill my time with, just tinkering around with it seeing what I need to do to finish it off - one thing I want to do now quickly is remove all the old oil out of the resevoir tank in subframe and fill it with fresh stuff before I run the engine.

Having trouble getting the oil tank out of the subframe though - any RS owners shed some light on removing the oil tank without having to pull apart the subframe and remove all those plastics.

2nd option is just to unplug the oil line and let it drain out that way.

I want to make myself new ign leads too.. the plug cap end is easy.. but the coil end im reluctant to mess with until I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

On the hunt for some reasonable clip on handle bars and reasonable rear sets for the bike.. need to rebuild front forks and get some new tyres and I think I'm away! just in time for Summer eh.

Found oem sticker kits so a full repaint back to factory fresh is on the cards too. (still hunting for a decent sticker kit for the blade.. found a place in UK does some of the blade schemes but not my one yet)

Bike
    Bikes!
    You need to cut down into coil lead lengthwise into the coil body with a sharp flathead or pen knife. It won't give any more trouble after that, should come out with just a tug.

I have a set of Gilles Tooling GPLight clipons here, RGV fitment, 50mm I think, maybe that fit an RS250, I don't know.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Hurry up and finish it you limp prick
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    You need to cut down into coil lead lengthwise into the coil body with a sharp flathead or pen knife. It won't give any more trouble after that, should come out with just a tug.

I have a set of Gilles Tooling GPLight clipons here, RGV fitment, 50mm I think, maybe that fit an RS250, I don't know.
    sweet, second question - where can you buy ignition lead/cable just by itself with no end caps on.. quick google didnt return much.

could be keen on those clipons if you want to off load them? I'll measure my fork tubes tmoro

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Hurry up and finish it you limp prick
    too right, might be a little while yet - gotta pay for sidecar repairs and finish that trailer too lol..

but I'll get there

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Whinge 'nd moan!
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Whinge 'nd moan!
    find me a place that sells ignition lead blank with no end caps on on the cheap..
    surely someone just sells it by the meter or something so people can cut their own lengths and put their own caps on

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Tried the likes of BNT, staparts, proparts, partmaster etc?

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Tried the likes of BNT, staparts, proparts, partmaster etc?
    yea done BNT, never hears of staparts and proparts will google! chur, and no partsmaster in dunners but can try when im in chch

Bike
    Bikes!
    Supercheap on Stanmore, or Butlers on Stanmore.

Bike
    Supercheap on Stanmore, or Butlers on Stanmore.
    Chur, can go there when I'm in chch, BNT sent me to a place called AP-Co or something today, didn't find it with their directions but will google map it and hit it up tomorrow, apparently they just sell it by the meter. chur!

still can't get the damn oil tank out of the tail of the rs250... surely it can be done without pulling the whole subframe apart.. or am I just lazy

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Chur, can go there when I'm in chch, BNT sent me to a place called AP-Co or something today, didn't find it with their directions but will google map it and hit it up tomorrow, apparently they just sell it by the meter. chur!

still can't get the damn oil tank out of the tail of the rs250... surely it can be done without pulling the whole subframe apart.. or am I just lazy

Appco is the trade arm of Repco... it's where you find the old guys who know about selling parts rather than fresh out of school kids that have no fucking idea what points are.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Appco is the trade arm of Repco... it's where you find the old guys who know about selling parts rather than fresh out of school kids that have no fucking idea what points are.
    Reminds me of the last time I went to ropeco
    "Hi there, after an oil filter for a 1st gen 4AF in an AE92 corolla sedan, here's the part number"
    "Have you got your rego number?"
    "I just gave you YOUR part number, type it in"
    *types P/N in....* "oh, yeah we have that one in stock"

Useless fucks. Had to do the same thing looking for fork seals at the local bunch, "here's a list of all the bikes with the same seals, here are the dimensions, here are all the part numbers that cross over"
    "Err, can't find them" :faceplam:
    10 min on the net and pyramidparts had a set in teh mail, at a good price

So much for shopping local, I'd rather have the three day wait to get something faster/cheaper off the net and not have to deal with people with absolutely no mechanical aptitude.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    What colour scheme you thinking of for the paint?

Im thinking of getting a signwriter to knock out some decals for the blade, I dont want all the original ones, they look a little too busy, just a fireblade on each side of the tail, the honda logo on each side of the tank, and the double Rs on the fairings would look good.

Thread Information