Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Resurrection

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    ... so close to finished!

But the added thickness of the chrome has made a bearing too short, so having one made up.

The just leaves mounting and setting up foot levers, rear brake set up, bleed brakes, attach side covers and front fender, wire front headlight and attach. Then test electrics, and fire up.

BRRRROMM BRRROOOM!!
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    95% done but just cant seem to get the front brake filled and bled!

What the fuck!?

Think I spent two hours pulling the lever, opening valve and then closing it, then letting the lever go. Then repeat x1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Bleed nipple lower than the top of the caliper? Try undoing the bolts and moving it around in case you have an air lock in there, happens to my 600 every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Very common complaint with the old master cylinders.

You need to get the fluid feed and return inside the reseviour higher than the banjo bolt, (usually means taking it off the bar), then just very slowly bring the lever in and out. It will bleed itself. Done it hundreds of times on older bikes. Be carefull obviously not to have too much fluid so that it spills out all over the show.

Have fun and post some more pics fuck ya!

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Tried drews suggestion... got bubbles going up the res, but eventually stopped. No gripping the brake though. Left it teetering, with the banjo bolt lower than the feed.

Then tried something someone at work suggested - looping the tube on the end of the bleeder. So pumped, and opened bleed & closed, then released lever. Getting plenty of air bubbles coming up, but after 30-40 mins of this... I've fuckin had it.

So unless someone has ideas... unfinished project soon for sale. Really cant be fucked with it anymore.

Also little view window in res didn't survive the chroming, and leaks. Was hoping to get brake going, then clean up window area and put some sealant on it.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    It's a tedious bitch of a process sometimes. If you've got a hose on the bleed nipples on the caliper you can just leave it open and pump fluid through without nipping it back up.

Problem is that f there's air in the banjo area you're trying to pump it down hill and it won't work.

If it builds any pressure at all, pump it up a bit, then crack the top banjo and nip it back up fairly quickly like a bleed nipple. Had to do that a few times. If you were in Wellington I'd come give you a hand.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Right, got front brakes although wont know it's effectiveness until I get it off the lift.

I swapped out the new (and chromed) res for the old scratched up factory one, and it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. I've left the chrome lever and cover on, but ugly worn out res. fitting though, given that res was the one that probably limited damage to me to only a fractured elbow.

Head problems with headlight, cheap piece of shit! Got it going now, and I hope it lasts!

Indicators on, just need front fender, tank, and mirrors.

Will still have a few bugs to work out, like I need a helicoil in one place, and I need to fabricate a new bracket to put the new horn on.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Well you wanted photos... so here

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    That is EPIC cool man. Well done.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    That is coming along nicely! I wonder how the purple will show up in natural light?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    That is coming along nicely! I wonder how the purple will show up in natural light?
    Quite noticeable in the shot of the bar risers.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Yeap, the chrome with purple, and what is a dull satin black all contrasts greatly, but not in a negative way.

Lights in the tach are playing up, and it's not reading the revs properly.

A little difficult to manage when turning due to my bad arm.

And problems with rear brake lever being to high and not really being effective.

But pretty good otherwise.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    That is fucking cool. Well done
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Powder coater was so impressed with bike, he asked for snaps to use for website gallery.

Getting lots of looks, although plenty of people saying they wouldn't have gone with the purple. To bad, the purple gets a lot of looks.

Now to see if it gets me some tail.

Bike
    3 black ones
    seen you down moorhouse ave - didnt notice the purple wheels tho

Thread Information