Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Project Resurrection

Bike
    04 Honda CR 125

brake bleeding

last time i had to bleed my brakes the same thing happened after about an hour or so of swearing i grabed a syringe and some hose filled the syringe with fluid put the hose on the bleed nipple and slowly forced it in from the bottom, pushed all the air out the master cylinder easy as, less than 5 mins and almost no mess

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Quote Originally Posted by theforeman View Post
    last time i had to bleed my brakes the same thing happened after about an hour or so of swearing i grabed a syringe and some hose filled the syringe with fluid put the hose on the bleed nipple and slowly forced it in from the bottom, pushed all the air out the master cylinder easy as, less than 5 mins and almost no mess

Might be worth a try except a syringe is not something I stock, and the caliper is on the left and master on the top right end of a set of western bars.

I have a friend coming Sunday to give the brake bleed a go, but he reckons he won't be able to do any better than I.
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider View Post
    Might be worth a try except a syringe is not something I stock, and the caliper is on the left and master on the top right end of a set of western bars.

I have a friend coming Sunday to give the brake bleed a go, but he reckons he won't be able to do any better than I.
    Put the brake master cylinder level. I mean level! You will have to take it off the bars to do this.

Right, now I wnat you to lift the outside end of the lever ten milimetres.

Give it ten seconds, then pull the lever in a LITTLE bit.

Repeat!

You will get bubbles in the reseviour if there is air in the system. It might take a minute.

Have a look at the master cylinder. Think about how a round piston going down a shaft might make fluid travel. The piston is a shaft with several groves in it. So there is more than one spot for air to hide.

I will draw a diagram in paint tomorrow.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Local dealer suggested I check pads and disc for glazing and give them a scuff. Will do once I am not on parental duties.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    See The Little Rosa and Resurrection in person this coming Saturday September 15th, at The Black Horse Hotel - 33 Lincoln Road. $5 entry and make sure you vote!

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Still having trouble with the brakes. Was absolutely ass heading to the other side of the island.

Got a new bleed nipple and a different brand of brake fluid. I am hoping that makes it work. I've also extended the pistons right out and checked for corrosion and then oiled them with CRC as a friend suggested it might be the piston sticking to the seal.

Nice photo of it before the remake, when the brakes worked.

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Started doing a rebuild and restoration on this last year as it was getting pretty old and tired.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Need to get to the test ride comments!

But keep us posted on anything.....
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    In the rubbish bin

Thread Information