Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $450 to get me helmet, gloves and jacket?

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    I suggest opp shops for the jacket.
    A near new set of wet weather gear was bought in Leeston opp shop for $10.
    A double breasted Roger Davison leather riding jacket from the same shop for a mere $50
    And a pair of Rossie boots for $5
    Pawn shops also can be a source of Cheap leathers,
    But The helmet, buy a new one, and it should be the biggest ticket item you buy
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzed View Post
    Hi,
    New biker starting out
    i have about $450 to get me a Helmet Gloves and a Jacket
    any suggestions on what i should get? or tips on what i should be looking for in these items?

Cheers,
    Will
    Depending on your body size and helmet size, we have some spare helmets here that are free to a good home, Medium. grex flip front, nolan flip front, open face HJC (I think) and a large open face jet helmet....
    I have a new 4xl leather jacket that is actually too big for me and I will sell it for $200...
    The helmets are all in good condition we were using them till they were replaced by Nolan's (newer model's) ... I do have a spare XL flip front Nolan but want $350 for it,,, it is in fantastic condition.

If you just want one of the 'freebie' lids... PM me.... they are not crash damaged, bashed about or poor condition linings.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    Oh I forgot about ls2! Definitly check out trademe for jackets, but please don't buy a second hand helmet. Even a cheap brand new one is better than a higher level second hand one. After all, if you come off, it has to protect some precious cargo!
    sorry babe, I dont agree with the reference about cheap lids being better than higher level ones S/hand... those helmets we are giving away were simply replaced with newer models, and were the ones used to protect our heads!
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    sorry babe, I dont agree with the reference about cheap lids being better than higher level ones S/hand... those helmets we are giving away were simply replaced with newer models, and were the ones used to protect our heads!
    I'm not knocking your ones

What I mean, A brand new lid can be better because you know its history, as opposed to buying what was a fairly expensive helmet in its day, cheaply off trademe and trusting that it hasn't been dropped or something similar.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Dont look at jackets on tard me till you have seen the one I have.......You can try it on aswell for no extra charge.If this doesnt work ill need photo that bad boy I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoff_leather.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	261261  
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    I'm not knocking your ones

What I mean, A brand new lid can be better because you know its history, as opposed to buying what was a fairly expensive helmet in its day, cheaply off trademe and trusting that it hasn't been dropped or something similar.
    furry muff, babe

Bike
    Suzuki Intruder 2008
    awesome thanks for replies,
    i will have a look around to see what i like/can afford

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

u chould get second hand jacket of trademe i did as long you get right size for you

helmet look at hjc i find them great in the wind compared to ls2 too brand i also tryed

always buy new helmet , you can get perfectly safe helmet in 200-300 range most brands have that range

I tryed on agv and found large size fitted me where other brands i needed xl .

With more money spent can get you more features that u may want . talk to good bike shop they should give you

right choices for you , even you spend the total of 450.00 on helmet you protecting the vital area your brain

see they seem to be selling bell helmets here there good brand also alot of history making good lids

What you chould say is look i got x money what deal can you do me i buy everthing here

they may be able to do discount of to get you biz even ifs it 10 % of it be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by kurzed View Post
    Hi,
    New biker starting out
    i have about $450 to get me a Helmet Gloves and a Jacket
    any suggestions on what i should get? or tips on what i should be looking for in these items?

Cheers,
    Will

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    u chould get second hand jacket of trademe i did as long you get right size for you

helmet look at hjc i find them great in the wind compared to ls2 too brand i also tryed

always buy new helmet , you can get perfectly safe helmet in 200-300 range most brands have that range

I tryed on agv and found large size fitted me where other brands i needed xl .

With more money spent can get you more features that u may want . talk to good bike shop they should give you

right choices for you , even you spend the total of 450.00 on helmet you protecting the vital area your brain

see they seem to be selling bell helmets here there good brand also alot of history making good lids

What you chould say is look i got x money what deal can you do me i buy everthing here

they may be able to do discount of to get you biz even ifs it 10 % of it be worth it
    You can have my hjc large when i get my other helmet dude let me know

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Dude. Don't quote your whole post, and please for the love of the internet, learn english! Grammar and punctuation aren't just words ya know!

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Dude. Don't quote your whole post, and please for the love of the internet, learn english! Grammar and punctuation aren't just words ya know!

HaHa. 'Learn' him some english using a foreign language.I see a lammergeier circling.Did something die in this thread?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    All too ready to jump in feet first with the criticisms aye.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    You can have my hjc large when i get my other helmet dude let me know
    You're a GC Patrick

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Thanks mate after week getting negitive at work wel and silence its nice to get postive

just trying to help alot good people on here too i apreciate help i got from guys in auckland

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    You're a GC Patrick

Bike
    87 Honda VTZ250
    Cycletreads currently has the Oxford SZ-1 flip helmet with internal visor on sale

http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/product...ce_helmet.aspx

Thread Information