Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pillioning. Is it discussed enough?

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    I've never taken a passenger on a bike before. I'd like to find someone really light to put on the back just to start off with.
    they are called girls.. the closer to naked the better. I usually take em in singlets and tight jeans.. pref no underwear

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    they are called girls.. .. pref no underwear
    It's a myth that they stick to the seat better ...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Your mom
    they are called girls.. the closer to naked the better. I usually take em in singlets and tight jeans.. pref no underwear
    I can't find any skinny girls who have the balls to jump on the back of a bike with me. I'm not really sure that my bike has the torque to cope with the extra weight either. Any volunteers?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?imgur...%3Disch&itbs=1
    this thread is going familar direction
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    No such thing. It's just ballast that turns a motorcycle into an ill-handling wheelbarrow.
    Come to Taupo and try to keep up with Me and my mate......a good pillion is hardly noticeable. I actually found the extra weight settled the bike more on the road....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G2+(25).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	261757  
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Read in a magazine about setting up with the rear brake first when taking a pillion, tried it on the way to Aucks the other weekend. It makes braking easier, a LOT less opportunity for banging helmets and a smoother ride all round.
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    I can't find any skinny girls who have the balls to jump on the back of a bike with me.
    haha whaat! you suck.. i had a range of girls before and inbetween the mrs's that want to ride on the bike.. got to uni, girls in my classes love it. only thing uni is good for - girls

shit, I had em on 250's 400's 600's etc.. they all got enough torque for an extra 50kg girl wrapped around ya... nekkid

Bike
    Your mom
    haha whaat! you suck.. i had a range of girls before and inbetween the mrs's that want to ride on the bike.. got to uni, girls in my classes love it. only thing uni is good for - girls

shit, I had em on 250's 400's 600's etc.. they all got enough torque for an extra 50kg girl wrapped around ya... nekkid
    Unfortunately the course I'm doing is a bit of a saussy fest (not many girlies studying computing). There are a couple of hotties though, and I'm sure that after they see my bike and I bust out the good old SMOKEU charm they'll be keen for a ride.

Bike
    2004 Ducati Monster

its an individual thing

Have ridden pillion with a few riders and each had different ideas about what made for a good ride. Some are OK with hanging on around the waist, others don't like this, or using legs to hold steady, works for some riders annoys the crap out of others so be prepared to sort out between you what works.

The common rules seem to be the ones about cornering and not actively leaning or fighting it. The sack of spud concept works but not so saggy that helmets (or if short helmet to back) bang.

Bike
    . There are a couple of hotties though, and I'm sure that after they see my bike and I bust out the good old SMOKEU charm they'll be keen for a ride.
    get to it, tell them to wear tight pants.. apparently the vibrations are good for them so they say.. literally, never tmi with some girls eh.

Bike
    Your mom
    get to it, tell them to wear tight pants.. apparently the vibrations are good for them so they say.. literally, never tmi with some girls eh.
    The old gixxer doesn't vibrate much, but I'm sure if I disconnect 1 or 2 of the spark plugs leads I can "fix" that "problem". I'm sure there was a thread somewhere on KB about the ladies enjoying the vibrations from twin cylinder bikes...

Bike
    The old gixxer doesn't vibrate much, but I'm sure if I disconnect 1 or 2 of the spark plugs leads I can "fix" that "problem". I'm sure there was a thread somewhere on KB about the ladies enjoying the vibrations from twin cylinder bikes...
    really.. bet it does.. the blades pretty smooth and its enough.. plan b tape a running vibrator or two on the underside of the pillion seat eh

Bike
    Your mom
    plan b tape a running vibrator or two on the underside of the pillion seat eh
    I like the way you think...the old gixxer has a pretty damn big glovebox underneath where the passenger seat goes, so there's plenty of room for a vibrator...

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    F650GS Dakar
    Makes for interesting reading...

I find spelling out the intention is just as important as the mechanics of sitting on the back.

- The idea is to have fun and get someone interested, not scare the crap out of someone. This usually means going like a nana for the first while. Moderate acceleration on a bike is serious acceleration for someone used to (the majority of) cars.
    - Helmets will clunk during first few gear changes - it's normal.
    - Sit forwards and hold on to me, or sit back and hold onto grab rail. Use feet to help keep arse centred.
    - If we stop at lights or intersection, don't worry about trying to put your feet down - I'll keep the bike upright (scared the crap out of me when one tried this).
    - I like the idea of a simple communication system - 2 taps on your knee means pay attention (going to pass, hold on, something is up etc). 2 taps on my shoulder means pull over.
    - I can't hear you unless we're stopped.

The things we take for granted have to be un-assumed and then spelled out for someone who has never been on a bike.

Having a simple and clear briefing puts a new pillion's mind at ease, and gives you a reasonable amount of confidence they won't do something that could scare you.

Thread Information