Thread: WTB: 1992 CBR250RR(N(mc22 ) Ignition barrel

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR, Sach's MADASS 125
    Blog Entries

Question WTB: 1992 CBR250RR(N(mc22 ) Ignition barrel

Ignition barrel has just given up. Can't ride a bike that dies randomly in traffic due to dodgy connection deep inside the ignition barrel.

Looking for a cheap replacement WITH key. Can anyone help this poor student?
    "Speed has never killed anyone!.... Suddenly becoming stationary, That's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson, Season 3 Topgear

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    If it's losing connection I expect it'll be the plastic turn table thing under the barrel.
    If you remove the barrel there will be a white plastic bit mounted to the bottom, pull this out and replace it, or if you're game, pull it apart and hope it's just a shitty solder joint
    If you get it out, post up a picture, I might have something that'll fit, I can't find a decent pic of it.

The parts you want are:
    OEM#: 35101-KAZ-003
    Shown in the #4 section in this pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steering-pipe-key-set-bridge-cbr250rrr-mc22-japan_bigma000084f05_87fd.gif 
Views:	33 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	261924

I'll see if I can track anything down and get back to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    If it's losing connection I expect it'll be the plastic turn table thing under the barrel.
    If you remove the barrel there will be a white plastic bit mounted to the bottom, pull this out and replace it, or if you're game, pull it apart and hope it's just a shitty solder joint
    If you get it out, post up a picture, I might have something that'll fit, I can't find a decent pic of it.

The parts you want are:
    OEM#: 35101-KAZ-003
    Shown in the #4 section in this pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steering-pipe-key-set-bridge-cbr250rrr-mc22-japan_bigma000084f05_87fd.gif 
Views:	33 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	261924

I'll see if I can track anything down and get back to you
    Hey, cheers for that. A while ago, the bike fell over and a cable was pulled taught (damn earthquakes) which pulled a whire off the back of the ignition barrel. I fixed that just fine and road 1300km to gore and back and it was fine.
    Went to leave for course this morning, and nothing, dead. Checked battery voltage (12.98v) checked from + to earth points (12.8v all round)
    Tried again later, wiggled key, and started it up, wiggled key again and it dies, so it's not really rideable. Sigh
    "Speed has never killed anyone!.... Suddenly becoming stationary, That's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson, Season 3 Topgear

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by .produKt View Post
    Hey, cheers for that. A while ago, the bike fell over and a cable was pulled taught (damn earthquakes) which pulled a whire off the back of the ignition barrel. I fixed that just fine and road 1300km to gore and back and it was fine.
    Went to leave for course this morning, and nothing, dead. Checked battery voltage (12.98v) checked from + to earth points (12.8v all round)
    Tried again later, wiggled key, and started it up, wiggled key again and it dies, so it's not really rideable. Sigh
    It'll be inside the white plastic bit then.
    How many wires did it have?

You could bring a new one in:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Cap-I...-/190402858028

Or try http://www.bucketsnbits.co.nz/ I have found them to be good to deal with
    EconoHonda are brilliant, 07 884 8810 www.econohonda.co.nz
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It'll be inside the white plastic bit then.
    How many wires did it have?

You could bring a new one in:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuel-Cap-I...-/190402858028

Or try http://www.bucketsnbits.co.nz/ I have found them to be good to deal with
    EconoHonda are brilliant, 07 884 8810 www.econohonda.co.nz
    It had 3 wires, red, blue and black from memory. That white plastic bit looks like a complete bitch to get to and replace so a quick fix would def be a replacement IGN barrel.

Money is an issue. Funny how debts go unpaid and baloon when your studying fulltime *(fffffffffffff!)

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    It had 3 wires, red, blue and black from memory. That white plastic bit looks like a complete bitch to get to and replace so a quick fix would def be a replacement IGN barrel.

Money is an issue. Funny how debts go unpaid and baloon when your studying fulltime *(fffffffffffff!)
    It probably has tamperproof screws in the housing, but they're piss easy to get out anyway.
    You could probably get an ign barrel from eBay quite cheap.
    The one I have here has 7 wires lol

Good ol' debt

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It probably has tamperproof screws in the housing, but they're piss easy to get out anyway.
    You could probably get an ign barrel from eBay quite cheap.
    The one I have here has 7 wires lol

Good ol' debt
    7 wires O-o? wow.
    In any case I'll wait a few days and see if one comes my way. I hate ebay and I have a sneaking suspicion that Glenn at Triumph street and sport will have one. Been going there for fixes 6+ years now They are good to me ^^

And yes, it does have the two star piece bolts that hold the ign barrel to the top triple clamp. He leant me the tool to fix it last time

Bike
    Blog Entries
    am uploading a video atm to show you what it's doing, if that helps?

Bike
    RATS & RICE
    Blog Entries
    Ignition barrel has just given up. Can't ride a bike that dies randomly in traffic due to dodgy connection deep inside the ignition barrel.

Looking for a cheap replacement WITH key. Can anyone help this poor student?
    I Have a 6wire ignition with key from a CBR250(MC17) if it any use too you

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That could possibly help, especially if it has the key and the switching phases in the right order, or at least the same I'll keep you in mind man, for sure

Bike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I'd say you're due for a replacement :P

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information