Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoff the giant small bike

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Just in case anyone needed to know, you can fit a Keihin CVKD32 on to a GN.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23042012.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	262497It won't be staying there though, if I change carbs it'll be a standard BS34 or a flatslide.
    Front dropped 45mm, tank raised 35mm at the back.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23042012(001).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	262498

Just pulled the front and rear guards off and threw an LED tail light up it.
    Might have to order me another set of LED indicators, or anything old looking that isn't the size of a whales dick.
    Will get more pics tomorrow (air filter arrives tomorrow!)

So, I lied a little when I said I won't modify it yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    83 GPz550
    When's the Hayabusa engine transplant happening? If you want custom, you can't go farther than that
    I never get lost. I go on adventures

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    When's the Hayabusa engine transplant happening? If you want custom, you can't go farther than that
    Was just going to build a cheap 300hp 350 chev and have the worlds lightest Boss Hoss
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    New air filter, didn't change the top end stumble.

It takes a few KM from cold for it to happen (open road, it's happy as Larroldo when I get to town.) it will get better for a few km if I stop and have a smoke, look at cages flying past and cows in paddocks.

S
    o, I have cleaned out the fuel cap and blown fuck through the vent with the air compressor, let's hope eh? Will test ride shortly

NZspokes may have been right though, today it was pissing out the overflow on the bowl, but hasn't done it since? Maybe vibrations are dropping the needle or un seating it? To add to all this, I didn’t get paid fully, my air filter cost too much and my frickin’ interwebs is running at 64kbps and I haven’t gone any where near my data allowance In fact, the web is so fucked at the moment, I have to type this in MS word because the page doesn’t load properly…

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Good cold then getting worse is a clear sign of over rich. Change the float valve and check float height.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Good cold then getting worse is a clear sign of over rich. Change the float valve and check float height.
    Exactly.

When I flip the carb to set the height, I can blow in to the fuel line (without a lit ciggy) and the needle won't let me blow past it's sealing that well under its own weight.
    The height I've checked thrice now (every time I pull the carb to see if there's poo in the tank getting past the filter) and each time I've set it to 27.4mm, Suzuki say 27.4mm +/- 1mm. So I'm bang on there.

This is why I'm thinking that the vibrations (it has them, lots of them) are un seating the needle. Reckon it's possible?
    The only other thing it could be is there's not enough fuel flow past the needle, so at higher RPM it's running lean after it drains the bowl a bit? Fuel filter, line, tap and sieve are spankers though

I'll sort Geoff out, I'll try find a float valve tomorrow (someone's had a hack at the valve, the retaining screw is bloody rooted, so I'll have to drill it or something )

Otherwise, before Geoff starts fucking around, he'll easily hit 110 and pull 100 up small gradients.
    He also enjoys oil, quite the drink it seems.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    What does the plug look like?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    What does the plug look like?
    Raise your palm and aim it at your face for this.

I lost my GN size plug socket.

It has to be mega-uber thin walled, normal ones don't fit past the head

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Have you tried running the carb upside down.

But as youve not used the stock carb is the jetting just to rich? Its fouling the plug?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Have you tried running the carb upside down.

But as youve not used the stock carb is the jetting just to rich? Its fouling the plug?
    This is the stock carb.
    My eyes can't read jet sizes, will peel the main out and ask one of the kids to read it

Might just run the whole bike upside down?

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    This is the stock carb.
    My eyes can't read jet sizes, will peel the main out and ask one of the kids to read it

My carb man who I get my bits off uses a magnifying glass for jets which I now do. Wonder if the needle seat is worn and letting to much fuel through? My GPZ had that when I got it.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    My carb man who I get my bits off uses a magnifying glass for jets which I now do. Wonder if the needle seat is worn and letting to much fuel through? My GPZ had that when I got it.
    Using my high tech torch and my good eye, the needle seat looks sweet.
    The carb looks to be mint after all the cleaning, the float valve is clean, no varnish at all.

Will get a magnifying glass and double check

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Didn't work too well for the ZZR

If you have some hose you can chuck on the drain bit of the carb, then loop it up so the end is higher than carb, you can use it to see the fuel height while running. Might be able to slam a camera on it when it is stumbling along? (looking down is probly not such a flash idea).
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Didn't work too well for the ZZR
    Ahem, cough...

Twitch.

If you have some hose you can chuck on the drain bit of the carb, then loop it up so the end is higher than carb, you can use it to see the fuel height while running. Might be able to slam a camera on it when it is stumbling along? (looking down is probly not such a flash idea).
    The drain doesn't have a tube/anywhere to put a pipe on, only the overflow The drain is simply a screw in the bottom of the bowl, not like them fancy Keihin fuckers.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    The drain doesn't have a tube/anywhere to put a pipe on, only the overflow The drain is simply a screw in the bottom of the bowl, not like them fancy Keihin fuckers.
    Still doable, open the drain a little bit, then go for a hoon and see if the increased fuel draw causes it to lean out and run shit earlier*

*not actually a serious suggestion, and if you thought it was, put down the spanner and back away slowly

Thread Information