Thread: Candy Max Orange Hayabusa 2008

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Candy Max Orange Hayabusa 2008

Greetings Kiwi bikers. Apologies that it is taken me wanting something to join the fraternity. I hope to be soon in the market for a 2008 Candy Max orange and black Hayabusa to add to my stable. Like Henry Ford I am non-negotiable on the colour but there is nothing in Candy Max on trademe. I am hoping therefore to attract the attention of an owner who has parked up a low km showroom condition example or is considering moving up to a later model. Any thoughts or leads greatly appreciated. Contact Mark: alcobaseta@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-suzuki-hayabusa-375o7883.jpg 
Views:	1080 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	262368  

Bike
    09 Silver Bandit 1250

Hey :)

Nope can do on the orange.. but have a black 2009 v low kms pristine condition....?

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

2009 Black busa

Thanks for taking the time Acidmax. May I ask what colour decal?
    Last edited by Angrybird; 25th April 2012 at 15:21.

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Candy Max Hayabusa

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jacob.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	390.2 KB 
ID:	264533

I bought a Ninja instead..

Bike
    2000 A1 Kawasaki ZX-12R
    totally awesome bike mate..
    "oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?"

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Thanks

Thank you very much. I understand it belonged to a celeb before me (not Bono).. now if I could only get my hands on those ownership papers :-)

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    You can buy a report on www.carjam.co.nz for $13 to find names of previous owners.

*edit*
    Or not. Just checked an old report from there and the names are now blocked.

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Previous Owners?

Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    You can buy a report on www.carjam.co.nz for $13 to find names of previous owners.

*edit*
    Or not. Just checked an old report from there and the names are now blocked.
    I saved myself $2 and got a "checka" report. Same deal.. no past ownership. Interestingly the mileage graph was a dead straight line over 3 rego periods. The bike came from Tauranga and someone suggested ACDC drummer Phil Rudd may have owned it. I think he is a car (/helicopter) guy though.

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Nevermore

Celebrity owner forever to remain a mystery. I have just discovered that no papers are required to change ownership details.. it can all be done online. One thing for certain.. it is not Phil Rudd.
    Is it true that you went to your kid’s school for “Dad’s Day” and took your entire drum set? Did any roadies help you?
    I did, yeah. That was a hard day’s work. My roadie lives in Wales, so he couldn’t help me out that day. There was another guy there, Robbie Dean, who is a well-known motorcycle racer here in New Zealand. He brought a big 1100 Suzuki, and he was doing wheel stands on the front wheels, and riding around the basketball courts. And I was banging the drums. All the kids came out, it was great. I really enjoyed it.

I don't think that too many guys who ride would describe a rolling stoppie as a front wheel wheelstand :-)

For anyone interested I have named the bike, "Sister Goldenhair." It is a tribute to America and my American g/f who "prescribed" a motorcycle at a time that my life had lost momentum. As I discovered when I finally let "Sister" stretch her legs a little on the ride back from Matawai yesterday it certainly doesn't want for impetus now.

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Not Live at Budokan but..

Previous owner Mr Millionaire Music Celebrity isn't just not Bono.. he is nothing like the Irish singer who philanthropically named his group after an American spyplane and gave up his Ducati 916 to be auctioned for charity. http://www.luxist.com/2007/10/31/bon...auction-block/ When I took delivery of Sister Goldenhair she had a January 16, 2012 issued WOF. Four months of sitting on BCM Tauranga's showroom floor later and magically the tread on the rear Conti Sport Attack 2 was down to nearly the canvas. A call to Alex at the Tauranga vehicle testing station confirmed my suspicion.. when the bike was warranted that same tyre was rated 7/7 ie brand new.

I wonder if Robin Zander, lead singer from "Cheap Trick" is a motorcyclist.

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Ninja Spirited Away

An affirming email brought this thread to mind. For anyone following it, I duly sold the ZX14 and replaced it with a very low mileage 2009 ZX6R Monster Energy. Three months ago I heard from the new owner saying that it had been stolen from outside a Napier hotel where he was staying. Being that a bike like this is not exactly a common site on the street I wonder if any of you observant motorcyclists have seen it in your travels. Distinguishing marks.. a possible small scuff on the left hand side fairing (caused by my hand while off-roading) and the wheels have been powder-coated making them a bit smoother than OEM. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sister Goldenhair and American Pumpkins.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	331492  

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybird View Post
    An affirming email brought this thread to mind. For anyone following it, I duly sold the ZX14 and replaced it with a very low mileage 2009 ZX6R Monster Energy. Three months ago I heard from the new owner saying that it had been stolen from outside a Napier hotel where he was staying. Being that a bike like this is not exactly a common site on the street I wonder if any of you observant motorcyclists have seen it in your travels. Distinguishing marks.. a possible small scuff on the left hand side fairing (caused by my hand while off-roading) and the wheels have been powder-coated making them a bit smoother than OEM. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    all of the bikes stolen recently seem to have no engine or frame numbers, odd but proves that if you've got these your bikes unlikely to be nicked as it's more traceable with these.

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Frame Number Uncertain

Thanks for the thought Jellywrestler. A quick search for my "checka" report drew a blank. I know that when I take my Fireblade for a warrant they always take down a number inscribed on the steering head. I thought that all bikes needed these for rego purposes.

Bike
    2004 Honda CBR1000RR

Found

Stop Press: The bike was found abandoned at the rear of an unoccupied house in Thames.. which probably means the "abducter" is from elsewhere. It had been painted in yellow and white Hayabusa tribute camo which suggests to me that this story has come full circle. Thanks to everyone who added their energy unto it's reappearance.

Thread Information