Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto 3 in NZ

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    as long as you keep the engines standard then you will be awesome with this idea, every manufacture does one, i can think if 8 different brands with a 450 single mxer,

however the top motard boys are now having issues with motors as they have started hoping them up and the revs they pull on the full circuits are causing issues, i think keeping the compression and heads standard might help this,

there was an american article i found a while ago which went on about dirt tracking and super singles and the maitnence they required on the mx based motors,
    Egg Zachary - and when I spoke to the man who STARTED the whole thing off over there 2years ago, he suggested an upper ceiling of 60HP for a stand alone class ( we'd run under SuperLite/F3 here ) with zero reliability issues.

These motors handle the jandal until they need a rebuild - just like every other race engine. And yes, there are at LEAST 8 Distributors with an eligible bike - even with only one of each brand, we'd almost double the exisiting fields !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    Egg Zachary - and when I spoke to the man who STARTED the whole thing off over there 2years ago, he suggested an upper ceiling of 60HP for a stand alone class ( we'd run under SuperLite/F3 here ) with zero reliability issues.

These motors handle the jandal until they need a rebuild - just like every other race engine. And yes, there are at LEAST 8 Distributors with an eligible bike - even with only one of each brand, we'd almost double the exisiting fields !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the bikes put out between 50 and 53 hp standard from what most people say, i think 60 might be a bit high, i think making them run stadnard compression which should be easy enough to check would be a good starting point, although as we know, peeople like to push rules so unless the right checks are in place early the envolpe will always be pushed

Bike
    BMW
    the bikes put out between 50 and 53 hp standard from what most people say, i think 60 might be a bit high, i think making them run stadnard compression which should be easy enough to check would be a good starting point, although as we know, peeople like to push rules so unless the right checks are in place early the envolpe will always be pushed

When are we gonna see MX being regulated Scotty?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    When are we gonna see MX being regulated Scotty?
    when are MNZ going to enforce any techincal rules, when was the last time you saw a bike pulled down and checked?

as for restricting MX bikes power output, it does not make a huge difference as it does in road racing,

and if you want to build a class that lets one person spend a shitload of money and dominate, then the class will not create big competitors numbers, which is what the class Budda and I am talking about, I thought making full classes was the goal?

The new 250 proddy class is a good example of this, make a class that is even, and people will start to ride it, but make sure you enforce the rules as when the cheating gets out of hand people loose interest and take thier toys and go home.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET

and if you want to build a class that lets one person spend a shitload of money and dominate, then the class will not create big competitors numbers, which is what the class Budda and I am talking about, I thought making full classes was the goal?

The new 250 proddy class is a good example of this, make a class that is even, and people will start to ride it, but make sure you enforce the rules as when the cheating gets out of hand people loose interest and take thier toys and go home.

I think the GP/Moto3 class is just fine how it is. At the moment as people have said someone could buy the best toy in the toy box and would be well up on power. Still got to ride it and all that.

Its about keeping up with international change. Will it cost money? Yes. But who gives a toss. You might be able to build one for 12k. Some people spend that on a push bike.

There is a great 250 production class now in NZ. So lets not try and hobble an internationally relevant class with restrictions.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the wood work.

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's
    Big money killed NZ sidecar racing.
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    I think a well thought through MX 250 engine conversion would make good power and last just fine. Assuming you rebuild the engine for what it will be doing.
    But why bother when an RS125 will make 35+HP and when properly maintained they are reliable and parts are relatively cheap and easy to get.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    But why bother when an RS125 will make 35+HP and when properly maintained they are reliable and parts are relatively cheap and easy to get.
    yes it is a real shame that road racing did not learn from the mistake motocross made,

Bike
    BMW
    Let production 250cc road bikes in the Moto3 class like the Aprillia RS250s. There lap times should be comparable to the GP125s and the NSF? But they are pretty cheap, less than a GP125. I know they are not made anymore but neither are GP125s. There are heaps around too

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    l think re start the old f3 class 400 4s , with the 125s gps and with this new 250 4 stroke gp bikes

Bike
    89 zxr400
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    l think re start the old f3 class 400 4s , with the 125s gps and with this new 250 4 stroke gp bikes
    Are you crazy man?? thats what posites and post 90 carbs is all about
    Growin' up as a kid, always thinkin', you know If I could ever just race motorcycles and make a living that would be the coolest thing know to mankind.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by worm13 View Post
    Are you crazy man?? thats what posites and post 90 carbs is all about
    and my 400 kwacker is not alowed in both the classes

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGassit View Post
    Big money killed NZ sidecar racing.
    Rubbish, people acting like arseholes killed it or at least were trying to, it's not quite dead yet but I'm not sure it can be resuscitated
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    still counting
    Yeah, nah, sorry Scott - wasnt clear .... he was talking aboot AMEERRRRCUHHN horsepower, and we all know how inflated those are .....

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Let production 250cc road bikes in the Moto3 class like the Aprillia RS250s. There lap times should be comparable to the GP125s and the NSF? But they are pretty cheap, less than a GP125. I know they are not made anymore but neither are GP125s. There are heaps around too
    Theres ALREADY a Class that allows things like RS's, RGV's, TZR's to compete on a much more level playing field than we had previously. That sound you hear in the background is the sound of BUGGER-ALL happening ; after we opened up the rules in a deliberate attempt to entice some of the "heaps" of proddy-based 250's out there back onto the track, the bikes have yet to materialise - go figure !

Thread Information