Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto 3 in NZ

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    Unless there's heaps of Moto3 bikes made, then the 125GP is unlikely to survive.
    Easy fix, if it has to happen. At least let 125's fit into the F3 class (if they alright are not allowed), a really good aprilla or something could probabaly win it. Most of the lap records between 125's and F3 are within 1 second of each other.

PS Aprila RS250,RGV's,NSR etc are slower than 125's in a straight line by quite a bit. Let alone around corners.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    you do realise that u may not be able to buy 125 race bikes soon ?

and that racing is actually cost effective for SOME , so fragmenting a sport with no clear paths rider and mechanic etc is not so healthy

MX ,, clear path , cheap and winnable , and all in between , eg a 1991 cr 125 will allow me to trail ride , get mid field in clubman ( and a leg end like me , win the national with one hand tied behind my back )

well I might have made some of that up but ...

Rs125 race bike will allow you to do what?

clear paths , with clear expectations ( achievable) and incentives

mpto 3 engine , 2 chassis gp prototype ...

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    you do realise that u may not be able to buy 125 race bikes soon ?

and that racing is actually cost effective for SOME , so fragmenting a sport with no clear paths rider and mechanic etc is not so healthy

MX ,, clear path , cheap and winnable , and all in between , eg a 1991 cr 125 will allow me to trail ride , get mid field in clubman ( and a leg end like me , win the national with one hand tied behind my back )

well I might have made some of that up but ...

Rs125 race bike will allow you to do what?

clear paths , with clear expectations ( achievable) and incentives

mpto 3 engine , 2 chassis gp prototype ...

Stephen
    The cool thing is its going to happen. There will be 4 stroke prototype bikes in the gp125 fields for sure. Prototype fames and all. Will they go good and make power? I reckon some will for sure. Is there an age limit on the class like in moto3?

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by quallman1234 View Post
    PS Aprila RS250,RGV's,NSR etc are slower than 125's in a straight line by quite a bit. Let alone around corners.
    I've out powered Mettam on my NSR and i'm 30kg's heavier than him. also finished ahead of him on the short circuit at taupo... maybe it wasn't the bike though

Bike
    BMW
    I go to MX and look at all the young guys in flash vans, latest gears, new bikes, fancy suspension, flash graphics then I go to road racing and see young guys struggling to afford to ride a 15 year old 125. What am I missing?

When the 250f's came out and were allowed to race with the 125s I didnt hear anyone having a sook saying they should be banned because they are too good or they cost to much they just said oh you know what these gay 4 strokes are the future.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I go to MX and look at all the young guys in flash vans, latest gears, new bikes, fancy suspension, flash graphics then I go to road racing and see young guys struggling to afford to ride a 15 year old 125. What am I missing?
    maybe Kids with rich parents race MX

Maybe not everyone wants to race MX

Maybe same reason some wealthy people race buckets instead of 1000's

Just choices or living within your means
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    what about allowing 125gp modified 250fs and standered 450fs a standered 450f would be as well as moto3 bikes
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    what about allowing 125gp modified 250fs and standered 450fs a standered 450f would be as well as moto3 bikes
    I ran this through google translate but it couldnt work it out
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    l know they should be around the same but l know l would go with the 450f stock any day

Bike
    89 zxr400
    huh whats the point?, you have instantly killed the idea of a modified 250 when you can go bigger and be reliable to replacement for displacement as the yanks like to say!
    More than likely this would be the first steps for jnrs with a bike that has setup options and be a purpose built race bike other then 125gp, running 450mx engines are being used in F3 IMO leave them there the class needs something more than sv650s in it, its nice seeing moir and easton on something different.
    I see where steve is coming here we need something to align our selves with other countries to help with that stepping stone if we are different to everyone alse how are we gonna get the chance to compete overseas, buy another bike just for that reason? shouldnt have to once again look at mx what they ride here they can ride anywhere in some case will be down in spec but how ever there is a class regardless!
    But this is all IMO and means nothing
    Growin' up as a kid, always thinkin', you know If I could ever just race motorcycles and make a living that would be the coolest thing know to mankind.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post

When the 250f's came out and were allowed to race with the 125s I didnt hear anyone having a sook saying they should be banned because they are too good or they cost to much they just said oh you know what these gay 4 strokes are the future.
    Accessibility seems to be one of the problems from what I've seen.

The guys I used to work with would go for a couple of hours blast after work quite often. Lots of farmers have practice tracks tucked away in an unused paddock. When their mates come around for a bbq the boys will take the kids out in the paddock and blast around for a while and everyone has a great time.

Road Racing tracks aren't that common and when you do live near one there are strict rules on when it can be used, hirage fees, health and safety etc.

A tad off topic but meh.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    I ran this through google translate but it couldnt work it out
    sorry write it in a rush haha,

if you had 125gp bikes moto3 bikes as well as allowing frames like crazymans etc to be used running either a 250f motor you want to work the shit out of cams ports everything anything you want slipper clutch the lot or run a 450f bog stock no mods bar external gearing nothing to be done to them in either a minimono chassis or 125gp chassis the only external mod you could do would be exhaust and a airbox system thats it nothing else it would allow for guys wanting to tinker with there 250s and build a rocket ship or someone who wants there kid out there on a standered 450 etc you will pick up a decent 450 cheap just a idea

Bike
    89 zxr400
    Correct me if im wrong but isnt this aimed at kids to start with? whats age limit is it for a 450 in mx? also how would this tie in with current road racing rules?
    Growin' up as a kid, always thinkin', you know If I could ever just race motorcycles and make a living that would be the coolest thing know to mankind.

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Accessibility seems to be one of the problems from what I've seen.

The guys I used to work with would go for a couple of hours blast after work quite often. Lots of farmers have practice tracks tucked away in an unused paddock. When their mates come around for a bbq the boys will take the kids out in the paddock and blast around for a while and everyone has a great time.

Road Racing tracks aren't that common and when you do live near one there are strict rules on when it can be used, hirage fees, health and safety etc.

A tad off topic but meh.
    this is true and the reason i started dirt biking over road, for me to road race i have to drive 2 hours to manfield 100 bucks upwards for entry then 50 bucks fuel roughly 60 bucks fuel for vechile to get there and back leave at 6am and be restricted when i could ride

on the dirt i can drive 5 minutes to lake theres big paddocks a sand motox track etc then 30 minute drive to hairy hills motox track 15 bucks entry drive to carterton and go to my mates "compound" theres a flat track fmx track 2 mx tracks or if i wanna race 25 bucks entry for a club day leave home at 8ish to get there and pay for a tank of fuel about 12 bucks for day

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Quote Originally Posted by worm13 View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but isnt this aimed at kids to start with? whats age limit is it for a 450 in mx? also how would this tie in with current road racing rules?
    15 you can race 125gp 15 you can race 450 mx i am pretty sure

and it was just a idea it doesnt fit in but if we are looking at creating a youth class we need options

Thread Information