Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Price a Life?

Bike
    K1300R and DRZ400
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Poor people tend to be more honest than the rich.
    That's true on so many levels.

Recently lost my wallet, it jumped out of my bike pack going over some judder bars in Avondale, I re traced my route, no luck. I was flying out at 7am the following morning for a business trip. Basically I was goosed.

Received a txt when I got home saying they sender had found something and to get in touch. Tongan family had found my wallet and without being disrespectful they looked pretty poor to me. All my stuff was as it was and the cash, was still there.

The hassle they saved me was tremendous.

Bike
    K1300R and DRZ400
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Bullshit. Honesty isn't a function of wealth or status.
    True but wealthy people seem to consistently feature in studies like this:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...me-and-ethics/

Just saying.

Bike
    SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy67 View Post
    That's true on so many levels... Tongan family had found my wallet and without being disrespectful they looked pretty poor to me. All my stuff was as it was and the cash, was still there....
    Actually I've got to agree there, I've found that the most generous people in this world are those that have the least! Probably a lesson in that. But you also have to ask the question, what do you consider wealthy? a person with many friends who sleeps well and has no regrets or a person with a full garage and bank account with no one but his employees to talk to? Sorry, too deep for a Sunday morning and I haven't had my bacon and eggs yet!

Bike
    K1300R and DRZ400
    Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Actually I've got to agree there, I've found that the most generous people in this world are those that have the least! Probably a lesson in that. But you also have to ask the question, what do you consider wealthy? a person with many friends who sleeps well and has no regrets or a person with a full garage and bank account with no one but his employees to talk to? Sorry, too deep for a Sunday morning and I haven't had my bacon and eggs yet!
    If you ever get a chance, read this:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/m...uare-Mile.html
    O
    Some interesting insights from the authors perspective about exactly what drives happiness.

Bike
    (Big Red) Honda VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Shit oh dear - its not like these guys earn fortune or anything. This really is shit!!!! I dunnu - I dont even use busses but this really aint right. What do we do???
    It is a sad day when a person loses their life only because they are trying to make an honest living and supporting their family.
    Unfortunately this is going to continue until the government grow a set of balls (or borrow someone else’s)
    In my humble opinion these so called people that commit violent or socially repugnant crimes have too many rights. These are my thoughts that may make people think about committing a crime in the first place.
    • Name suppression – allowable for 24 hours total to allow time to inform their family (across the board)
    • 10 prison sentence means 10 year sentence then consider parole – not that you can get out once completing a third of your sentence because you have been a good person in a surrounding full of violent offenders – That is the reason they are there because they cannot live with us law-abiding citizens.
    • Home detention should be for a 3 year period following the realise from prison
    • In a 24hr day prisons should get 2x1hr exercise periods - they are there for a reason lost their rights when committing the crime.
    A custodial sentence is meant to be a punishment left make it a punishment.
    The Justice system tends to forget or not acknowledge that while the perpetrator of a violent crime may do 10-20 years in prison the victims and families do serve a life sentence which they will take to their grave.
    Just my thoughts, let’s make people fear going t prison and stop pandering to them, if they want the luxuries that the rest of us enjoy then don’t do the crime!

STOP BEING SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I confess to know everything there is to know about absolutely nothing at all!!!
    “A bad tradesman blames his tools. A stupid one blames himself!!!!!!!!”

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What are you claiming is a "Maori".
    Are you aware of how many true Maori are left?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=maori

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    You could break it down further and see what propensity different ethnicitys have for serious assualt (the woudings, GBH, injurings) andthe armed robberies, violent or sexual offending. I don't think it would be much of a surprise to most which group is responsible for the most heinous offending. Can't fix a problem if you don't want to admit it. I can understand why people steal, use drugs, commit fraud etc but the escalating violence of today's crimes worries me.
    +1 to that.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Compare the number of Maoris in prison vs the number of white people in prison in NZ. Then have a look at what percentage Maori people make up of the total population in NZ. The statistics don't lie. I rest my case.
    perhaps you should delve a little bit deeper into the facts, before taking the baseline stats as an accurate measure of truth.

Are you aware of what constitutes 'maori' in the accepted legal/official realm?
    A person who is full, half, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, 1/256 can be identified as being 'maori', thus in truth, there may have been quite a large number of generations pass, since there was any maori blood injected into the bloodline of an offender who is classed as/ identifies as, being a 'maori'.
    remember smoke, someone that is 1/4 maori, is probably at least 1/2 european. - so a huge number of offenders that you refer to are actually 'more white than black'.

Its funny, so many people like to complain about how maori get certain benefits in New Zealand - theyll say 'why the fuck is XXXX allowedf to play for the NZ maori rugby team, he's only an eighth maori' or 'how come that kid gets xxxx benefit when (s)he is only 1/32 maori'
    But the very same people will jump up and say 'I told you that offender would be a black/maori person' - ignoring the fact that the offender to which they refer is really only 1/128th maori, and a considerably larger part of their heritage is european.

You gotta get some consistency going here smoke, take a deeper look before spouting BS about a persons propensity to violence or crime of any sort based on their ethnicity.

Oh, I should also add that there are different considering factors for different collections of statistics, meaning that there will be a different emphasis on race, and other factors depending on what the statistics are being collected for. the same factors for a NZ census are not the same as those applied to an overview of the prison population - so a prison population comparison to a census is not necessarily an accurate measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What are you claiming is a "Maori".
    Are you aware of how many true Maori are left?
    as above, and for fuck sakes, dont get into the 'true maori' - how do you define a 'true maori'? your definition, min, and that of someone who identifies as being maori will all be different.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    ... what makes these people do these things. This sort of thing is the fault of society. Prison is not, and never has been a deterrent to those who are willing to commit crime. You either make an example of them by implementing some form of Sharia law or you change your societal model by removing the motive for the crime. It isn't hard. As for the govt growing balls, they can only do so much and the people who really need a set of balls are you and me. If you really want these crimes to stop, the answer is obvious... but it would seem that most of you don't have the balls for it because you need to feel superior to someone else due to your perceived self worth. Until you drop your considerably better than yow attitude fuck all will change. Prison sentencing has always been there and yet things are getting worse. The reason is obvious. Remove that which drives these people and change your perception or STFU.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    I bet the offender(s) is/are black.
    Compare the number of Maoris in prison vs the number of white people in prison in NZ. Then have a look at what percentage Maori people make up of the total population in NZ. The statistics don't lie. I rest my case.
    FFS aren't you the antagonistic racist little yarpie fuck stain. The irony is astounding

Did you know that 90% of yarpies suck dick and that only 30% of you are proper females?

Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    perhaps you should delve a little bit deeper into the facts, before taking the baseline stats as an accurate measure of truth.

Are you aware of what constitutes 'maori' in the accepted legal/official realm?
    A person who is full, half, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, 1/256 can be identified as being 'maori', thus in truth, there may have been quite a large number of generations pass, since there was any maori blood injected into the bloodline of an offender who is classed as/ identifies as, being a 'maori'.
    remember smoke, someone that is 1/4 maori, is probably at least 1/2 european. - so a huge number of offenders that you refer to are actually 'more white than black'.

Its funny, so many people like to complain about how maori get certain benefits in New Zealand - theyll say 'why the fuck is XXXX allowedf to play for the NZ maori rugby team, he's only an eighth maori' or 'how come that kid gets xxxx benefit when (s)he is only 1/32 maori'
    But the very same people will jump up and say 'I told you that offender would be a black/maori person' - ignoring the fact that the offender to which they refer is really only 1/128th maori, and a considerably larger part of their heritage is european.

You gotta get some consistency going here smoke, take a deeper look before spouting BS about a persons propensity to violence or crime of any sort based on their ethnicity.

Oh, I should also add that there are different considering factors for different collections of statistics, meaning that there will be a different emphasis on race, and other factors depending on what the statistics are being collected for. the same factors for a NZ census are not the same as those applied to an overview of the prison population - so a prison population comparison to a census is not necessarily an accurate measure.

as above, and for fuck sakes, dont get into the 'true maori' - how do you define a 'true maori'? your definition, min, and that of someone who identifies as being maori will all be different.
    Pouring perfume over a poo on your front step doesn't keep your shoes clean either.
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    ... what makes these people do these things. This sort of thing is the fault of society. Prison is not, and never has been a deterrent to those who are willing to commit crime. You either make an example of them by implementing some form of Sharia law or you change your societal model by removing the motive for the crime. It isn't hard. As for the govt growing balls, they can only do so much and the people who really need a set of balls are you and me. If you really want these crimes to stop, the answer is obvious... but it would seem that most of you don't have the balls for it because you need to feel superior to someone else due to your perceived self worth. Until you drop your considerably better than yow attitude fuck all will change. Prison sentencing has always been there and yet things are getting worse. The reason is obvious. Remove that which drives these people and change your perception or STFU.
    What a load of shit. It's precisely this softcock "victim mentality" that you display all the bloody time that contributes to pondscum like this.
    No wonder your home country is fucked.
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    The reason is obvious. Remove that which drives these people and change your perception or STFU.

*So you don't want any of us who have material wealth to have any?

Like the oh so successful communism??

Listen, there will always haves and have nots.

And those lazy-arse have nots who can't be buggered living the way they are and want stuff will revert to taking it anyway.

THEY are the worst - they want material things - but don't want to make the effort to get them 'properly'.

So they leech off the rest of us.

Sharia law in relation to the above social problem doesn't sound so bad....

*('cos we cause the 'problem'???)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    What a load of shit. It's precisely this softcock "victim mentality" that you display all the bloody time that contributes to pondscum like this.
    No wonder your home country is fucked.
    bwaaaaa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa. Roll over and play dead, there's a good boy. Wanna point out the victim mentality in the post, or are you just bumping your gums together again? The people that commit these crimes are cunts, I have no doubt, and it's highly unlikely that it's the first time they've committed a crime to get what they want. To that end the only sensible thing to do is to remove the thing that allows them to do what they want and that drives them to go that bit further in regards to their consideration of those who get in their way.

You need to get back on the cigs
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    BSA A10
    To that end the only sensible thing to do is to remove the thing that allows them to do what they want
    Their life?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    bwaaaaa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa. Roll over and play dead, there's a good boy. Wanna point out the victim mentality in the post, or are you just bumping your gums together again? The people that commit these crimes are cunts, I have no doubt, and it's highly unlikely that it's the first time they've committed a crime to get what they want. To that end the only sensible thing to do is to remove the thing that allows them to do what they want and that drives them to go that bit further in regards to their consideration of those who get in their way.

You need to get back on the cigs

It's called oxygen
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Their life?
    Mwahahaha, oh how my sides hurt!

'must spread rep'
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information