Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The inner hoon and delusions of invincibility

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

The inner hoon and delusions of invincibility

I dunno what it is about riding a bike early on a cool clear morning but it seems, on occasion, to have the ability to turn one into a total raving loon.

Most of the time I behave myself on the road - taking care, not blasting around blind corners or over the tops of hills. I've had enough bad experiences doing just that to know better. Add to that the fact that if I were to have a half decent fall onto my right side, my unhealthy liver would probably rupture and I'd bleed out in minutes, if not seconds.

But every so often, on those cool clear early mornings, the inner hoon escapes and takes over. Perhaps I should be more responsible about taking my dried frog pills...

I got back from my ride yesterday morning and decided that if I had seen myself riding as I did I would almost certainly have thought "fucking loony!" and probably have gone online to the Community Traffic Watch page.

I dunno. Maybe boys never do grow up...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Im the same, every now and then I just gotta hoon it up.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Why does hoon have to involve unsafe riding? I indulge in the odd hoon, but it is just quicker than cruising. I still make sure I have everything under control, unsafe actions make it a lot harder to enjoy the ride, even if you are going a little bit faster. Or maybe that isn't hooning?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    What they said, going fast is fun but i get super pissed off with myself if i do something stupid and it can sometimes ruin the rest of the ride.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    I guess going a lot faster than the speed limit on some of the roads that I ride on, could be considered unsafe riding(hooning).
    Last edited by unstuck; 7th May 2012 at 12:47. Reason: cos im blonde,sorta.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Why does hoon have to involve unsafe riding? I indulge in the odd hoon, but it is just quicker than cruising. I still make sure I have everything under control, unsafe actions make it a lot harder to enjoy the ride, even if you are going a little bit faster. Or maybe that isn't hooning?
    I didn't say unsafe...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    I didn't say unsafe...
    The second paragraph strongly suggested it wasn't though
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    The second paragraph strongly suggested it wasn't though
    Fair enough. No "twang" moments involved though.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    I dunno what it is about riding a bike early on a cool clear morning but it seems, on occasion, to have the ability to turn one into a total raving loon.

Most of the time I behave myself on the road - taking care, not blasting around blind corners or over the tops of hills. I've had enough bad experiences doing just that to know better. Add to that the fact that if I were to have a half decent fall onto my right side, my unhealthy liver would probably rupture and I'd bleed out in minutes, if not seconds.

But every so often, on those cool clear early mornings, the inner hoon escapes and takes over. Perhaps I should be more responsible about taking my dried frog pills...

I got back from my ride yesterday morning and decided that if I had seen myself riding as I did I would almost certainly have thought "fucking loony!" and probably have gone online to the Community Traffic Watch page.

Is the objective of this post a reason to clear ones guilty concience? Have had a scarry moment while out yesterday, have we?
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Is the objective of this post a reason to clear ones guilty concience? Have had a scarry moment while out yesterday, have we?
    Nah - just musing is all. No scary moments.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Nah - just musing is all. No scary moments.
    Good to hear

Bike
    750 auw
    To the old hoon on the GSXR in the tron this morning. I was following you and wanted to say that I like your bike, you can ride well, would you like some sweets, and I want to lock you up in the basement.

Oops wrong thread.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    To the old hoon on the GSXR in the tron this morning. I was following you and wanted to say that I like your bike, you can ride well, would you like some sweets, and I want to lock you up in the basement.

Oops wrong thread.
    Was yesterday - you got the wrong hoon...

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post

Oops wrong thread.
    Was the bike Red/silver or Black?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    males never grow up, we just get cooler toys and dream up more stupid shit to do.

Thread Information