Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it too easy to get a race licence?

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    When I went to Aus they made me start out in D grade despite having won a national championship here. I had no issue with that. You had to win two races before you could move to C grade, where you could compete at national level.
    So you never got to race C grade then

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
    Lets get the facts right, a club licence which for people who are not doing nationals or street meets is proposed at $100 which is cheaper than the current one. It is the full licence for national or Island events and street racing that is $200.

Cheaper for infrequent users at club level, more expensive for National level riders. May help keep some of the under experienced riders from attending street meetings...

Read the document.

So we are listening re some ideas for how we manage licences, so do we test all the current licence holders or just new ones? How do we ensure that those already holding a racing licence know the rules, are not muppets etc?

Put a proposal together and send it in. Be part of the solution.

Kevin Goddard
    Pretty fucken stupid idea really. All it does is put a small amount of money in pockets and will change not one thing.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    So you never got to race C grade then
    Funnily enough...no! I only raced my RS250 I brought over there the once. Started from the back row. Ten lap race. Got to the front within 5 laps and then did the best highside of my life entering the 'carosel' at Lakeside. Was that violent that I took the fuel tank with me.

Landed on my head (brand new Arai) and was lucky that I didn't further injure my right ankle I'd only the day before taken out of a hard cast.

Forever the 'D' grader.

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    How hard would it be to have a thorough online quiz/test come renewal or application for road racers? All answers to be found in online rules, would at least get ppl looking at them.

Not a computer person myself so no idea how much work would be involved.

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough...no! I only raced my RS250 I brought over there the once. Started from the back row. Ten lap race. Got to the front within 5 laps and then did the best highside of my life entering the 'carosel' at Lakeside. Was that violent that I took the fuel tank with me.

Landed on my head (brand new Arai) and was lucky that I didn't further injure my right ankle I'd only the day before taken out of a hard cast.

Forever the 'D' grader.
    This place so needs a like button

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    How hard would it be to have a thorough online quiz/test come renewal or application for road racers? All answers to be found in online rules, would at least get ppl looking at them.

Not a computer person myself so no idea how much work would be involved.
    Nop should be a practical and oral exam mainly online is to easy to cheat

Bike
    Blade '12
    Kind of ironic that a couple of threads down "Clubmans blah blah blah" you've got people being pressured into racing F1 and F2 because they can throw a couple of moderately quick laps together despite knowing that they're not remotely ready for it. Shambolic but entirely par for the course.

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Kind of ironic that a couple of threads down "Clubmans blah blah blah" you've got people being pressured into racing F1 and F2 because they can throw a couple of moderately quick laps together despite knowing that they're not remotely ready for it. Shambolic but entirely par for the course.
    See this is the thing it has nothing to do with classes bike size etc, its about knowing what the rules are flags etc and most importantly track eteaket. People are stupid and need things explained in detail sometimes

Bike
    BMW
    To get my motorcycling australia licence I had to do a test over the phone was asked several questions from the rule book

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    To get my motorcycling australia licence I had to do a test over the phone was asked several questions from the rule book
    Is that because Aussies cant read or write?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    I think it is a bit two easy to get a liceince, esp when you can apply online, go out and buy a Superbike or a 450 MX bike and line up against international competitors at a natioanl championship,

I think with the online reapplication it would be easy to do a quick test on flags etc, but since we only have one liceince for MX, RR, Enduro, CC and the rest, which parts do you test?

When i got my speedway liceince i had to go though a mentor program, someone was assigned to me and took me though the rules, and procedures, i was only allowed to start off the back of the field intil i had passed this (minimum 3 meetings) and then i was allowed to go into the draw for normal grids,

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's
    A Mentor program sounds like the smartest way to get a newbie up to speed with both the written and unwritten ways to do things correctly. Licence fee increases are needed to cover the Queenstown AGM. Wish I could afford to go. Big step up from Palmy eh?
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGassit View Post
    A Mentor program sounds like the smartest way to get a newbie up to speed with both the written and unwritten ways to do things correctly. Licence fee increases are needed to cover the Queenstown AGM. Wish I could afford to go. Big step up from Palmy eh?
    Don't be fucking stupid!

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis

Forever the 'D' grader.

That landing on your head bit explains a lot.......... :-)

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    That landing on your head bit explains a lot.......... :-)
    Pretty sure he's done it more than once
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information