View Poll Results: What should be the happs?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't mess with my POTW, leave it how it is! >

5 62.50%
  • Users submit pictures weekly (can be an old picture from an album)

2 25.00%
  • Users submit pictures weekly (has to be a new picture)

1 12.50%
  • Other (please state in comments)

0 0%

Thread: POTW POLL: How long should images last?

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GSXR250 / 1989 Honda VFR400

POTW POLL: How long should images last?

I've recently just started looking at the POTW, and it caught my attention that some of the pictures that are submitted have been there week after week.

Now I know this is intentional, but does anyone else agree that perhaps the pictures should have to be resubmitted each week?
    At the moment I feel as though the competition is not really as 'Picture of the Week' as it should be.

By having users resubmit their pictures more often it introduces more NEW options to pick from, instead of the same set of pictures as the last week with one or two new additions.
    Even with this setup, users could still resubmit photos that are months old, but I reckon it would give users more of a reason to get out there and take some new shots more often.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's that heavily active as is... so demanding even more pictures doesn't make sense to me...

OK, well, from my view, I went in and voted for my 3. Afaik, all 3 have been and gone, and I haven't voted for new ones. Other things to do. I like having a picture come up each week, doesn't matter how long it's been "in the running"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information