Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New guy to Buckets

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Also bike motor was 125 and I intend rebore a 63mm sleave to 63.25 to use a piston(open) xl185 one size over giving me 63.25 bore and 49.5stroke = 155.35cc. If this isnt acceptable everyone let me know before I spend some money thanks.
    Go for it. Can you get it closer to 158? With only 2 valves you will want all the cc's you can grab.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Go for it. Can you get it closer to 158? With only 2 valves you will want all the cc's you can grab.
    Kickaha is sending me the 63.25 piston. Its been blessed by the Gods for good luck and made of space shuttle nose cone ceramic. Its been weighed in at 3 grammes and is so slippery it doesnt need rings. I hope its legal.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Look at Rich. He came for a look & raced his "oversize" Vespa,
    It's practically irresistable -

Nothing much has changed for Rich then?

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    It's practically irresistable -

Nothing much has changed for Rich then?
    Mike mike mike. Now stop this cheating insinuation business. If you say something a nuff times people might start to believe it. Especially with the debut of the next engine coming along. The only thing in my camp oversized is the rider. shhhhhhhoosh.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Kickaha is sending me the 63.25 piston. Its been blessed by the Gods for good luck and made of space shuttle nose cone ceramic. Its been weighed in at 3 grammes and is so slippery it doesnt need rings. I hope its legal.
    Shit that might put your crank balance out a little.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Shit that might put your crank balance out a little.
    Nope. Im going to get breville to knife edge the crank. Ill use it to wizz when when im not racing.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    New fuel tank ordered.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=474686069

New gasket set ordered and Kickaha has sent the Piston.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=474680861

Cant wait to get this project started. not sure yet when bike tranz will be doing their next Hawks Bay,Hastings Napier run yet.

The guy i bought the gsx550es from emailed me to say he would call but hasnt. was hoping to make some cash from it to fund the bucket mods.

Update he just called and rego is on hold also collect tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsx550.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	263538  

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I've got three of those tanks sitting in the garage, coulda had one for nada bro. Shoulda said when you first mentioned it earlier, my bad.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've got three of those tanks sitting in the garage, coulda had one for nada bro. Shoulda said when you first mentioned it earlier, my bad.
    mc17 Drew or the 3litre fuel cell?
    I payed for the 3litre already on visa. I was thinking of getting a 1 or 2 litre also as a reserve tank and having a inline tap on it for endurance rounds going into a T junction before the carb.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    mc17 Drew or the 3litre fuel cell?
    I payed for the 3litre already on visa. I was thinking of getting a 1 or 2 litre also as a reserve tank and having a inline tap on it for endurance rounds going into a T junction before the carb.
    3ltr Fuel cell. Got a few pit bikes and some spares for em. I'd get a fibre glass tank made from the original tank. Time consuming, but fairly simple to make.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    3ltr Fuel cell. Got a few pit bikes and some spares for em. I'd get a fibre glass tank made from the original tank. Time consuming, but fairly simple to make.
    Yeah that the plan on the tank cover. ill build the fuel cell up to match the original cap hole and make a rep tank for it. I might make a reserve tank also with a inline fuel tap that I reach while riding if there is room under the tank cover.

Bike
    husaberg
    Gee you guys were arguing without me

I read the rules as the max allowed capacity and i don't care how it gets there.
    Sorry for crashing the thread late, but I don't think short stroke is the way to go for the 2v Honda.

The reason i say this is simple if you use the std XR200/XL125 head the short stroke won't do you any good as the valves are pretty much the max that can be squeezed in anyway. Also to get an acceptable compression ratio you will need a Huuuuge dome and effective squish and will require a huge it ignition lead to work.
    These factors will kill power (The dome and the Advance). The Honda will not rev anywhere near high enough with its std valve area to take advantage of the short stoke.

But if you were to say use an oversize say 58.5mm piston 1mm os 125 (or thereabouts) with a STD xl185/xr200 57.8mm stroke you will have a clean combustion shape and a decent Compression ratio. The Honda 2v still wont rev high enough with its longer stroke to cause problems associated with an increase in mean piston speed, plus it will be cheaper.

If you don't believe me do your own maths on the comp ratio yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Gee you guys were arguing without me

I read the rules as the max allowed capacity and i don't care how it gets there.
    Sorry for crashing the thread late, but I don't think short stroke is the way to go for the 2v Honda.

The reason i say this is simple if you use the std XR200/XL125 head the short stroke won't do you any good as the valves are pretty much the max that can be squeezed in anyway. Also to get an acceptable compression ratio you will need a Huuuuge dome and effective squish and will require a huge it ignition lead to work.
    These factors will kill power (The dome and the Advance). The Honda will not rev anywhere near high enough with its std valve area to take advantage of the short stoke.

But if you were to say use an oversize say 58.5mm piston 1mm os 125 (or thereabouts) with a STD xl185/xr200 57.8mm stroke you will have a clean combustion shape and a decent Compression ratio. The Honda 2v still wont rev high enough with its longer stroke to cause problems associated with an increase in mean piston speed, plus it will be cheaper.

If you don't believe me do your own maths on the comp ratio yourselves.
    Ill be happy if it goes ok and is under the 158cc for a while. Ill build a better engine if I plan to get good at racing it then transplant. It may make 10-12hp but thats ok untill a writen off fxr comes along. Idd like to think long term this engine will be replaced and while its already got a 125 crank inside(claimed) ill stick with bore and piston replacement only to keep this engine cheap. it seems someone has spent some money on the bike so maybe it will be better set up than was advertised. At some stage someone has done some good work with the exaust and wheel conversion. i dont know what the rear wheel with its drum brake would have come from. i just cant wait now to see the bike LOL.

Bike
    husaberg
    Ill be happy if it goes ok and is under the 158cc for a while. Ill build a better engine if I plan to get good at racing it then transplant. It may make 10-12hp but thats ok untill a writen off fxr comes along. Idd like to think long term this engine will be replaced and while its already got a 125 crank inside(claimed) ill stick with bore and piston replacement only to keep this engine cheap. it seems someone has spent some money on the bike so maybe it will be better set up than was advertised. At some stage someone has done some good work with the exaust and wheel conversion. i dont know what the rear wheel with its drum brake would have come from. i just cant wait now to see the bike LOL.

No i understand but won't it be a bore a piston and a sleeve. That's why i say it may be cheaper to do the stroke.
    Oh the FXr150 why don't you aspire to a higher level. The FXR150 is like the Arsehole of Buckets. (sure everyone's got one but i don't think we need to see them)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    ninja 250
    Just check the valves arent still embedded in the top of the piston, as most second hand Kickaha pistons end up this way ...

Thread Information