Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WSB Monza. What the?

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K

Unhappy WSB Monza. What the?

What is going on with racing.
    The article below from Pirelli claims they had all tyre choices available and that racing was possible, as in the other classes that had no problems.
    Many riders seem rightly upset race 1 was cancelled.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-sb...rom-monza.html
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    BMW
    Yeah it would have pissed me off! It pissed me off enough watching from home....

Id have been out there on intermediates

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Yeah it would have pissed me off! It pissed me off enough watching from home....

Id have been out there on intermediates
    Sykes's press realese shows him saying he thought it was dry enough to race,

Bike
    #88 ZX6R
    Checa aka My bike is too fucking slow here anyway, I'll lose heaps of points "Ahhh so dangerous!"
    Biaggi aka My bike blew up, shit "Oh no, bit of water on the corners, too dangerous!"
    Melandri aka My bike is off in the gravel trap "MAMMA MIA soo dangerous!"

Everyone else aka hasn't broken there bike "Looks sweet to me, can we race?"

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    Checa aka My bike is too fucking slow here anyway, I'll lose heaps of points "Ahhh so dangerous!"
    Biaggi aka My bike blew up, shit "Oh no, bit of water on the corners, too dangerous!"
    Melandri aka My bike is off in the gravel trap "MAMMA MIA soo dangerous!"

Everyone else aka hasn't broken there bike "Looks sweet to me, can we race?"
    the Italians running a race to suit thier bikes or thier riders, never heard of that before,

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The Czechs were pissed off and have pulled their hospitality for this weekend, and may pull their sponsorship completely. The new Effenbert hospitality unit is/was the biggest show in town.

It's hard to tell exactly what they have in mind, the English translations of their press releases are somewhat ummm obscure(?). While they may lack clarity there is no doubt, however, as to the feelings expressed.

"The clear impression is that the WSBK has lived today one of its worst days, disrespect for the public, for those who, like the team Effenbert, invests and for the sports in general.
    It is unacceptable that the fundamental decisions of the day are been taken with such a superficiality not even worthy of a monobrand championship of scooter. At the end it is clear that the WSBK is in the hands of a little number of team and riders.
    Other categories, also titled, would never ran into such a farce, (in fact proves the competitions of the other classes without major incident and without whims).
    Considering all this situations, the team Effenbert’s management will reflect about its racing future."

If you see what I mean...

Oops! It's the Aventa hospitality unit that is the biggest in the paddock, but a hospitality unit supplied by a brewer should be worth a visit.
    Last edited by pritch; 13th May 2012 at 11:26. Reason: afterthunk
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Guinters was looking damn good, he was amped, focussed, ready to kick arse, fast all weekend and starting on pole. Not surprised his sponsors are royally pissed off.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Guinters was looking damn good, he was amped, focussed, ready to kick arse, fast all weekend and starting on pole. Not surprised his sponsors are royally pissed off.
    True, but it's not just him, they have four bikes on the grid. They won't just leave a big hole in the paddock, they'll leave a big hole on the grid.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    Sykes's press release shows him saying he thought it was dry enough to race,
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    the Italians running a race to suit thier bikes or thier riders, never heard of that before,
    Wasn't it Sykes who made a comment along the lines of "I'm not Italian so I don't get to talk" when there was a discussion on the grid
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Wasn't it Sykes who made a comment along the lines of "I'm not Italian so I don't get to talk" when there was a discussion on the grid
    I thought it was more like "Theyre Italian so I couldn't get a word in."

Don't want to read any more racing posts until after I've watched TV tonight :-)

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Would be great to know the process that was put in place over the weekend to end up with what happened on the day for the Superbike class. Had to laugh at Foggy's comment to Sykes on the start grid when waiting for a decision, - Sykes to fogarty " hows your day going anyway" , - Fogarty - "Well i,me havin a bloody great day - I am........"

Also Sykes to Fogarty after trying to "listen in" on the huddle of officials & riders on the grid about what was going on , he came back to his bike & Fogarty & said " if you dont speak italian , you may as well not bother........"

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    " if you dont speak italian , you may as well not bother........"
    when in Rome...

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    should be a blind vote, 50% wanna race, they race. if you dont wanna race, you lose points.
    theyre supposed to be world class for fuck sakes, and its only water!

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    should be a blind vote, 50% wanna race, they race. if you dont wanna race, you lose points.
    theyre supposed to be world class for fuck sakes, and its only water!
    I didnt catch what the commentators were saying about the old surface versus new surface in the wet, + Monza is one of the more dodgier places to throwitdown the road (superfast bends - with pretty close barriers)

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    I didnt catch what the commentators were saying about the old surface versus new surface in the wet, + Monza is one of the more dodgier places to throwitdown the road (superfast bends - with pretty close barriers)
    So?
    they arent you and I going out for a fun trackday on their road bikes, they are allegedly some of, if not the most, talented riders on earth.
    fuckem, we wanna watch a race, if you cant ride the wet, fuck off and play outdoor bowls.

Thread Information