Thread: Quick release fuel line connectors

Bike
    SV 650

Quick release fuel line connectors

Hi, as it says, I'm looking for quick release fuel line connectors for the racebike (8mm fuel hoses)to make fuel tank removal easier, know of anyone selling them please?
    Thanks in advance
    Rob

Bike
    A few
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Hey Rob -I'd measure up how much room you've got and how big the quick releases are.-Im probably cack handed but on my SV I was getting hose kinks and the qr were a pain to use.--probably it was just me
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Many!
    You could find some here

Part # MP120029
    http://www.bits4bikes.co.nz/accessor...gine/1689.aspx
    Bridgestone - Putoline - Goldfren

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Have used motion pro ones for years. And as Frosty says, you need to ensure you have enough room in the line given they don't flex....

Bike
    Bikes!
    The Motion Pro ones are what I would describe as 'decidedly average'. There are ones that look very much the same, but made in metal. Try and get those if you can.

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    OR you could do the sensible thing and ask the knowledgable Parts guy at your local shop - personally have both sold and personally used the Motion Pro and both the other brands I sourced here in NZ when on the right side of the counter - no issues with any of them.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    OR you could do the sensible thing and ask the knowledgable Parts guy at your local shop - personally have both sold and personally used the Motion Pro and both the other brands I sourced here in NZ when on the right side of the counter - no issues with any of them.
    But i don't do counters !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    SV 650
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post

Sounds like we need your knowledgable parts guy up in our town......

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    The Motion Pro ones are what I would describe as 'decidedly average'. There are ones that look very much the same, but made in metal. Try and get those if you can.
    I suppose having to replace 2-3 o rings total on 8 motion pro fittings in 10 years is decidedly average. But what would I know.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Go to your local Enzed shop, or boating supplies place. They will have bins of the things.
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I used to use Motion pro one but it was a pain in restricted area (it was a pain in the proverbial restricted area, ho-ho), which is what most under tank areas are. Was difficult to fully engage so the gas didn't start to flow. Persevered for a year or two but decided it was quicker & easier to just turn the tap off & use some pliers to release the hose clip.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    try phoning enzed or your local hydraulic/pnuematic hose/connector supply place, blackwood paykels etc. also PBshop (paintballshop) have small airline QDs that would fit but may restrict flow.
    any metal (arrow style) airline fittings should work as long as they don't have rubber seals.

Thread Information