Thread: Commi's Corner

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries

Commi's Corner

There has always been a lot of discussion on Kiwibiker about things people have little/no control over or input into. Many of these things are complex and contentious issues that take considerable time and effort to work through. The majority of those discussions aren't new and are often things that are being worked on behind the scenes by those who represent us but aren't able to tell us about yet.

This is a thread in which the Motorcycling New Zealand Road Race Commissioner will talk about some of the things that are being worked on or are to come. No MNZ official will not be engaging in discussion of what the Road Race Commissioner posts here so this thread is locked. To gain the widest exposure to those that it pertains to, i.e. the Road Racing community here on Kiwibiker, this thread will be a sticky.

Below is the first post from the current Road Race Commissioner Graham Billington (Billy) in complete, unedited form.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

aa

As MNZ roadrace commissioner,I have been asked to refrain from posting on this site,So have asked the moderators to post this up as a sticky thread,To enable me to inform the users of this site of any upcoming idea's we have for change as it appears not many from this site,Frequent the MNZ site,I will NOT be answering any of your queries on this site,But you can contact me with your requests and concerns at the following, acrfibreglass@actrix.co.nz, mnzrrc@gmail.com or phone me on 07 574 5579 or 021 2928400,This thread will be simply to let you of our plans and give the users an opportunity to start their own thread with their own thoughts on any of the content listed here.

Graeme Billington
    Roadrace commissioner
    Motorcycling NZ

Post no.1

I have noticed since the tragic and needless loss of Mark Brehaut last weekend at Manfeild,A thread has started regarding how easy it is to get a race licence in NZ,While I agree(and have done so for sometime)its far too easy to obtain one,MNZ are already formulating a process for testing for a licence,However,While that is a positive step going forward,We need to do something to address the problem in the immediate future,After talking to a number of club and MNZ officials as well as a number of top level riders,I decided to implement some changes at the coalface so to speak,These include as an example a zero tolerance approach to those competitors that infringe in the area of safety,EG:If you pass under a static yellow flag = Instant $100 fine,If you pass under a waved yellow flag = instant exclusion and $500 fine,If you don't remove your machine from the track when disabled at the earliest and safest possible opportunity =$500 fine and instant exclusion,These are just examples and not necessarily what will be handed out on the day,But be forewarned,There are going too be swiftly excecuted consequences if you breach a safety rule.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Update

Well where do I start,

Firstly the reported incidents at Manfeild last weekend,
    It appears there are those amongst us who still have no respect for the safety and wellbeing of their fellow competitors and in one particular case thinks they know more than the officials and can change the rules mid meeting at their own discretion.I have brought the said incidents to the attention of the officials committee in the form of an official complaint.This sort of behaviour needs to be put to an end asap and will NOT be tolerated at the roadrace championships,So get used to it now or don't bother turning up at Ruapuna in January.

Redflag rule,

I have a rulechange based on safety in the system along the lines of the new BSB rule that states if you crash,Your out and may not restart your machine and continue on under any circumstances,Unfortunately it is too late to change the rule to disallow points to those that cause the redflag for the 2013 series,But I have informed Marcus of our intention to look at it for 2014.

Rulechanges

There should be a number of rulechanges placed on the MNZ website this week,Classes they affect are,250 Production,Superstock 600,Superlite and Superbike,I would suggest anybody considering doing the Nationals for 2013 keep an eye out for them as from now on,If your machine does not fit the rules,You will not be allowed to start no matter what,Its your job to read the rules and keep up to date.

Cheers Billy

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Update from the Road Race Commisioner
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information