Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comment on Commis corner

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    Sorry BigEars, didnt realise I had my DocT mask on ........ only as uninformed as all the rest that were actually there. Maybe you didnt see me 'cos the frillybits on your tutu obscured the view. The systems you run are generally legal out of the box, but as HD showed, when they've had a few thousland cubic feet of hot gas through them ALL, the ability to dampen the decibels tapers off.

Lets all agree that HD showed just how tenuous the legality of used and not repacked, even top shelf mufflers are, when climatic conditions turn to less than ideal .... my pitiful attempt at levity was meant to point out the silliness of asking for hard enforcement of rules, "like in Ozzie", when THEY would have put most of your field off the track as the readings were over the limit - the same limit thats been in place for years. The guilty know who they are ......
    Big fat Budda you implied we all Knowingly put exhaust on that are over the limit which is not the case. As for oztrawlia the exact same thing happened last season for them which is where our idea come from, the teams were going to pack up and go home as was the rest of the classes. We are all for things being sorted but that situation was b bit OTT. As for repacking mufflers think you will find most were done after South Island and with Hampton being the first Big meeting since down South not likely to fix said problem. Main problem is giving people a day glow vest and a title

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by SWERVE View Post
    I think a lot of the time SOME racers aren't even looking for flags.

Maybe a test should be mark the flag points on track map..................... see how many are looking then eh.
    you can be a silly old timer sometimes Mervyn, someone should invent an iPhone app then they'll all have it sorted...

Bike
    Honda PC800
    simple question guys. Do YOU want to be on the racetrack with someone that believes its ok for the rules NOT to apply to them?
    Do you want to be on the racetrack with someone that doesn't KNOW even the most basic rules that are in the rulebook?

I don't mean the really specific rules of a class. I mean the main rules of conduct for a rider on the racetrack.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Chop.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. There is no differentiation in the rule book between passing a lapped rider or someone you are racing with for for a very good reason. It is all to do with safety of all concerned and while you are trying to pass any other bike, you are less likely to see the flag marshall on the track, the broken down bike, the bit that may have come loose and being on the track or close to....
    Actually I'll add to that. The rules apply to everybody for another VERY good reason. The lapped rider has a reasonable expectation that NOONE will be passing him in the "yellow zone" therefore will feel more comfortable taking evasive action around the self same debris etc you are also attempting to get around.

Keeping in mind here folks --even at national level we are spending thousands of dollars chasing a frikkin trophy that you can get made for about $20. So it sure as heck aint worth ending up dead over.
    Isn't that it in a nutshell - we ALL want to go home to our loved ones at the end of the day.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    simple question guys. Do YOU want to be on the racetrack with someone that believes its ok for the rules NOT to apply to them?
    Do you want to be on the racetrack with someone that doesn't KNOW even the most basic rules that are in the rulebook?

I don't mean the really specific rules of a class. I mean the main rules of conduct for a rider on the racetrack.
    i have accepted the fact long ago that i race with these type of people, and when you are around someone you do not know, or know is a dipfuck you give them more room, (and some of these riders are long time racers, but you know you can not give them to much room)

riders need to help themselves tho, and if someone passes you on a yellow flag protest, or at least alert the steward and get the person talked to,

now going up and going mental at the person does not make it better, because yelling at people achieves nothing,

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you can be a silly old timer sometimes Mervyn, someone should invent an iPhone app then they'll all have it sorted...
    Yep stuck in the dark ages me.
    Most would probebly think a track map was the button you pressed on handlebars when it rained. Should have said the test should be- plot the flag points on your GPS.

Bike
    Meads speed 650R, Kawasaki S2a
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Education is the only answer finning people for doing stupid shit will not save lives!
    What he said - $500 to MNZ wont save a life. Racers don't care about bills or having no money, if we did we wouldn't race.

Freak acidents are just that. I hit ernie cudby in the head (after he fell infront of me) less than 24 hours after mark passed, nothing I or ernie could have done to stop it, we were both simply luckier it happened at 90ks instead of double that.
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    still counting
    Big fat Budda you implied we all Knowingly put exhaust on that are over the limit which is not the case. As for oztrawlia the exact same thing happened last season for them which is where our idea come from, the teams were going to pack up and go home as was the rest of the classes. We are all for things being sorted but that situation was b bit OTT. As for repacking mufflers think you will find most were done after South Island and with Hampton being the first Big meeting since down South not likely to fix said problem. Main problem is giving people a day glow vest and a title
    Dear Little slim KittyLitterClump - I'm SHOCKED - you meant to tell me the Brains Trust didnt come up with the Tanty tactic all by themselves? My "implication" was aimed at those who DID do exactly that - and you know who they are as well as I do

Anyway, the whole idea of this thread was a discussion on Billys missive regarding the Numpty's among us ......
    what is a workable way of weeding these idiots out - seems to me that we never get to realise just how dangerous these guys can be until they've proven it beyond doubt, sadly.

As the Leader has alluded to, MNZ has already been looking at ways of getting on top of the problem - but without being "controlling" ....... we all do this because we ENJOY it, dont want to put the skids under THAT
    Last edited by budda; 15th May 2012 at 21:46. Reason: grammar

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    just getting back to my first post and yellow flags, heres the rule

6.18.2 The following flags will be recognised as the standard colours to be used as signals to riders during a race:
    Green: Start
    Red: All riders stop racing.
    Yellow: Held Stationary – SLOW DOWN – Proceed with caution. No overtaking until danger area is passed. Sidecar riders-this could also mean your passenger is in difficulties.
    Yellow: Waved – SLOW DOWN NOW – Proceed with extreme caution. No overtaking until the danger area is passed, be prepared to stop.

This rule is unclear "no overtaking untill the danger area is passed" requires a judgment call from the rider, it may well conflict with the flag marshalls opinion on the matter , who is right?

MNZ rules are littered with vauge terms and subject to many interpretations, the red flag rule is explained at every briefing I go to , usually different interpretations apply to different clubs even on the same track.
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    *yellow flag - held or waved*

This rule is unclear "no overtaking until the danger area is passed" requires a judgment call from the rider, it may well conflict with the flag marshal's opinion on the matter , who is right?

MNZ rules are littered with vague terms and subject to many interpretations...
    I have always understood that the next flag point to NOT have a flag out is the point where normal racing may recommence.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    This rule is unclear "no overtaking untill the danger area is passed" requires a judgment call from the rider, it may well conflict with the flag marshalls opinion on the matter , who is right?
    Wouldnt a green flag at the next clear flag point be the obvious solution.

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    I have always understood that the next flag point to NOT have a flag out is the point where normal racing may recommence.
    So what your saying is if the race leaders have caught a back marker say going in to the last corner off the back staright at Manfeild and a yellow is out for what ever reason then there is to be no passing untill turn one? Never guna happen

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Wouldnt a green flag at the next clear flag point be the obvious solution.
    It would. I will have a word with TPTB. Just in case they're not reading this thread...

So what your saying is if the race leaders have caught a back marker say going in to the last corner off the back staright at Manfeild and a yellow is out for what ever reason then there is to be no passing untill turn one? Never guna happen
    Thought you knew Manfeild quite well?
    Starter's box have ALL the flags and Point 1 (at the end of the outside pit wall) has the appropriate flags as well...

Still - it'd be an unlucky rider who got pinged for passing after an incident was behind them.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    That might be your understanding , but is not what the rule says
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    That might be your understanding , but is not what the rule says
    Find us the section on flags... http://www.mnz.co.nz/competitionrules.aspx ... I sure can't

Thread Information