Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Comment on Commis corner

Bike
    all sorts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    One point I guess worth reminding people of is that we are in New Zealand with a population base smaller than one of the smaller cities in the UK.
    % wise we have the same support if not more than in the UK for example.

Could I ask what would happen if for example MotoTT (or similar) were given race dates etc and actually ran the race meetings with the club and mnz folk just providing the official side of things?
    Again happy to be shot down in flames here but it would seem to be a win/win situation.
    They can, they just need to apply to become a promoter from MNZ.....small fee and its all available including all insurances etc.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
    They can, they just need to apply to become a promoter from MNZ.....small fee and its all available including all insurances etc.
    are promotors able to get race meetings permits with out a club involved?

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    PMCC and Vic club do use a core of highly trained marshals at all of their meetings. Both clubs hold these flaggies in high regard. Apart from flag marshal duties, these guys/girls take on training and mentoring of newbies. We take our role very seriously.

As for paying double what you pay now to race, you would be in the minority, sad to say.
    Not for one minute am i suggesting that all involved dont take there job seriously at PMCC or Vic. I am a comm member of MCC and i know what goes on behind the scenes and how much dedication and hard work is involved.
    I think over the last couple of years all clubs have raised the bar from what it was.

Yes i know im in a minority........... thankful that racing is so affordable... but would pay more if it was brought to an even higher level. I have been involved in motorsport at an international level and while the officialdom may seem over zealous......... raceday is easier IMHO

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    So just what is a 'sufficient number'? It is certainly a recommendation that there be a marshal at every point, and 2 at certain 'known' points, at a minimum. The reality that meetings are often run under-staffed in marshal terms worries me. Many a time on race day, a call goes out for more volunteers ON THE DAY, because there just aren't 'enough' of us.
    There are minimum numbers required at some meetings, if not all for AMCC. That level depends on the track and the event. Hampton Downs requires more than Pukekohe, Race days need more than ART days.

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Could I ask what would happen if for example MotoTT (or similar) were given race dates etc and actually ran the race meetings with the club and mnz folk just providing the official side of things?
    Again happy to be shot down in flames here but it would seem to be a win/win situation.
    Who runs the Tri Series? I know they have had various clubs involved some of the time, depending on geographic location, who then provide officials. Another would the Post Classic Association/Club I think? There was a large event they ran at Taupo a year or two ago, AMCC were brought in to provide the officials...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    I might add at PMCC and Vic club meetings a quad (or 2) bikes are available to get to the aid of a downed rider, this allows marshals to continue their flag duties. The quads can usually also get to the bike as quickly if not faster than most of the marshals could even if they tried. Also if a a marshal has to run 100-200m to the rider/bike whilst also carrying a fire extinguisher etc they are likely to be too knackered to help with much physical pushing etc of machinery off the track.

The Quads are also now trialing the use of a trailer in tow to recover bikes and remove them from track side as well. As some feedback has been put through there are a few little things to work on with where the quad should or shouldn't be venturing, but that's another thing altogether.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...we are such a small community,that we should not need to plea to a bunch of elected officials that bat on our behalf... what they are batting for is irrelevant, clubs is where NZ racing is happening ...where people choose to take their sport/passion to whatever heights they can afford/maintain, is down to business acumen/ management/and a serious look at where the dream starts and the reality stops... regional competition and inter club and inter island competition is where a small community of racers (NZ) could start breaking new ground...a base of supporters and someone to hail is the hallmark of a growing sport..less depending on expectations of a controlling body who are actually way out of their depth in having any thing other than an interest in how the sport flourishes and maintaining the rules...it's down to clubs to enforce the rules and supply the manpower to make the rules stick...we are not here to fuck spiders and wank flies, this is serious shit...

...if interpreting what a yellow flag means is such a problem, then if them wots in control cant come to grips with it , then we should...no wanking about...

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...if interpreting what a yellow flag means is such a problem, then if them wots in control cant come to grips with it , then we should...no wanking about...
    Could you please clarify (for the comprehension-challenged) just what you mean here?

The rider is in 'control' - of his bike.
    The flaggy is in 'control' - of the flag/s.
    Race Control are in control - of the whole shebang.
    MNZ Steward is in 'control' - at the next level up.
    And who is 'we' who should what?

Do I just think too much...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ....there is a debate going on about a 'rule' that seems to be open to interpretation...the rule should be made perfectly clear by those who tend to the rules...a situation that could , by someone's misinterpretation lead to accidents or worse, should not be left hanging about like an errant child with a gun, at school....and if those who tend/write/enforce the rules seem to think that it is clearly written...what are we debating...

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    I can't help thinking folks are going off half cocked on this one. What exactly is the problem? Why is it a problem? How do we fix the problem?

Someone brought up that a race licence is too easy to obtain. I'm not disagreeing, but unless the primary cause for that observation is addressed, or assessed to determine if a problem even exists what are we trying to "fix"?

If the "problem" is poorly defined, and the causes are not clearly understood then the resulting "fix" won't actually fix a bloody thing.

As for the financial penalties mentioned by Billy, why make the penalties financial, when time penalties or race exclusion or suspension from competition would result in the same thing?

I take it the proposed fines be across the board too eh? Bucket racer at Kaitoke or school kid on a KR150, ya gotta come up with $500 for missing a yellow flag?

Thread Information