Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 848 Evo in NZ Supersport?

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    150cc should be plenty. If they don't make one, stiff fuckin shit Ducati lovers, go race superbike!
    Do you kiss your mum with that mouth?
    Ducati lover? Fuck that, I hate all bikes at the moment bro

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Ducati lover? Fuck that, :
    Didn't Drew race one at some stage? or did he just spend all his time crashing it like all his other bikes?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    XT660r
    Bears ain't a National class.

SBK allows 1200cc + V twins already

Superlite/F3 allows 650 V twins

Supersport/F2 had already allowed 750 V twins, they don't make 'em anymore so am assuming this is natural progression.

And if they prove too good, they'll just restrict them in some form.
    Superlite/F3 allows 750 2 valve aircooled twins too
    Dale Kerrigan: If there's anything Dad loved more than serenity, it was a big two stroke engine on full throttle!

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    So Triumph 675's should be excluded too?

Twins have pretty much always had a capacity advantage as they don't make the same HP, same reason the 675 is allowed, and the SV650 is in Superlite/F3.

More bikes on the grids at NZ Nationals can't be a bad thing?

The current rules say nothing about having to be a 600 I4, this proposed rule change only applies to Nats at the moment, clubs dont have to follow.
    Supersport engine capacity:
    501cc – 600cc 4-stroke 4 cylinders maximum
    601cc – 675cc 4-stroke 3 cylinders maximum (including 750V twins)
    I didnt say it should have to be an inline, just why don't they build a competitive 600?
    The problem with it is that at the start, you have to design a class that has limits, so you dont have an S1000rr against a grid of VT250's, The idea is to set a boundary, and the best man within that boundary, wins.
    As soon as you start to allow bikes that dont fit the rules, you ask where does it stop? it was a 600cc limit for the class, now theres an allowance for a twin up to 750, and fuckit, triumph made a weird ass bike, so we will make an allowance especially for a single bike on top of that.

It doesnt matter to me whether the class is limited by CC rating, or number of cylinders, or peak stock HP, or stock power to weight, what matters to me is that the rules are set, and you race to them. every single time you alter the rules for one person or one bike, you give everyone else the impression that they are entitled to have the rules extended for them too, the question is, if you keep altering the rules, and having different subsections of the rules for certain bikes, at what point does it end?
    There are many many race classes out there already (whether national or not) you got street stock, prolight, pro twin, F1, F2, F3, bears classes and so on and so forth. So, maybe not every bike ever built fits into a class, but if you want to race, there are many, many classes, pick a class, and pick a bike that fits into the rules, end of story.

And yes, I think the triumph should be excluded, why? because allowing it sends a message that if a unique bike comes along, then we will bend the rules to accommodate it.
    Then why not make B.E.A.rs a nationals class.

!
    I wonder the same thing
    The argument about it not being a nationals class, etc etc can be easily sorted by saying, well MAKE ONE then.
    If there are all these unique bikes, why not make a new class to suit them?

As for whether I want as many bikes on the grid as possible, well yeah, I do, but you dont always get what you want.
    You either want to race in a national class, and will race to those rules, or you dont - I dont see any point in constantly changing the rules every time some cunt says 'but i bought this bike and i want to play'.

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    lol don't forget to actually go race a bike tho fellas.. KB post counts do not count toward nationals

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    I didnt say it should have to be an inline, just why don't they build a competitive 600?
    The problem with it is that at the start, you have to design a class that has limits, so you dont have an S1000rr against a grid of VT250's, The idea is to set a boundary, and the best man within that boundary, wins.
    As soon as you start to allow bikes that dont fit the rules, you ask where does it stop? it was a 600cc limit for the class, now theres an allowance for a twin up to 750, and fuckit, triumph made a weird ass bike, so we will make an allowance especially for a single bike on top of that.

It doesnt matter to me whether the class is limited by CC rating, or number of cylinders, or peak stock HP, or stock power to weight, what matters to me is that the rules are set, and you race to them. every single time you alter the rules for one person or one bike, you give everyone else the impression that they are entitled to have the rules extended for them too, the question is, if you keep altering the rules, and having different subsections of the rules for certain bikes, at what point does it end?
    There are many many race classes out there already (whether national or not) you got street stock, prolight, pro twin, F1, F2, F3, bears classes and so on and so forth. So, maybe not every bike ever built fits into a class, but if you want to race, there are many, many classes, pick a class, and pick a bike that fits into the rules, end of story.

And yes, I think the triumph should be excluded, why? because allowing it sends a message that if a unique bike comes along, then we will bend the rules to accommodate it.

I wonder the same thing
    The argument about it not being a nationals class, etc etc can be easily sorted by saying, well MAKE ONE then.
    If there are all these unique bikes, why not make a new class to suit them?

As for whether I want as many bikes on the grid as possible, well yeah, I do, but you dont always get what you want.
    You either want to race in a national class, and will race to those rules, or you dont - I dont see any point in constantly changing the rules every time some cunt says 'but i bought this bike and i want to play'.
    Its called evolution baby stop living witht the hand brake

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Duuuuude, you got it ass backwards: MNZ are saying lets alter the capacity limits and maybe we'll see more/different bikes on the grid, and therefore put on a better show.....it's not a case of any 848 rider/racer asking for the rules to be changed.

Haha, and you're just gonna luuuuurve the new 130hp MV 675 ain'tcha?

Life is change brutha!

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Duuuuude, you got it ass backwards: MNZ are saying lets alter the capacity limits and maybe we'll see more/different bikes on the grid, and therefore put on a better show.....it's not a case of any 848 rider/racer asking for the rules to be changed.

Haha, and you're just gonna luuuuurve the new 130hp MV 675 ain'tcha?

Life is change brutha!
    doesnt the MV fit into bears along with the triumph, and every ducati ever built?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Didn't Drew race one at some stage? or did he just spend all his time crashing it like all his other bikes?
    I did race one. 2004 749R Ducati. And it would have been competitive too, when it was current. But four years after the fact, with Ducati not actually developing it anymore it got smoked power wise.

I think it was about 50/50 for finishes verses crashes by the way.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    One more thing, the 848 qualifies for a class now. It's called superbike. Someone riding said bike in it isn't likely to win, but some folk round here seem to think that isn't what it's all about. I disagree.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    oh shit.. i read every post...

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Someone riding said bike in it isn't likely to win, but some folk round here seem to think that isn't what it's all about. I disagree.
    So what, everyone who hasn't a hope in hell of winning should sell up and join the bowls club instead? Is that what you'll tell your kids, "if you can't win don't bother"? As far as financial advice regarding bike racing goes it's pretty good, but as far as a way to live life? Nah, so much.

doesnt the MV fit into bears along with the triumph, and every ducati ever built?
    Ooooooh, I've just twigged to what you're getting at: fuck off the Jap 600's and run middleweight BEAR's as a National class instead? Now you're making sense! My apologies, the penny shoulda dropped sooner. You're totally correct, if the Japs can't make a competitive middleweight bike they should bugger off until they can eh?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    So what, everyone who hasn't a hope in hell of winning should sell up and join the bowls club instead? Is that what you'll tell your kids, "if you can't win don't bother"? As far as financial advice regarding bike racing goes it's pretty good, but as far as a way to live life? Nah, so much.
    Not what I'm saying. I mean that if you don't even want to win, why race?

Ooooooh, I've just twigged to what you're getting at: fuck off the Jap 600's and run middleweight BEAR's as a National class instead? Now you're making sense! My apologies, the penny shoulda dropped sooner. You're totally correct, if the Japs can't make a competitive middleweight bike they should bugger off until they can eh?
    Now you're getting it. If any manufacturer doesn't make a bike capable of winning a class run around the world, then fuck anyone who buys it with the intension of racing and doing well.

Bike
    2010 r6 road, 07 R6 track

hopeless

so in superbike they are alowing the twins to go an extra 200cc above 1000 in line four.
    how does that equate to 250cc extra in the 600 class?
    does this mean for the same reason getting more bikes in the grid they will also let a gsxr750 in the class as this is also 130 hp???

Isnt there a v twins class?

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Not what I'm saying. I mean that if you don't even want to win, why race?
    True dat. If you don't want to win, even if it's just the race to the line with the guy in front of you then I doubt you can even call it "racing".

Thread Information