Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 848 Evo in NZ Supersport?

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f

848 Evo in NZ Supersport?

"Proposed" rule change taken from MNZ website................Hmmm, that'd be nice to see (and hear), 130rwhp with a tune and exhaust

Rule Number: Appendix G

New Rule to read:

Supersport engine capacity:
    501cc-600cc 4 cylinders maximum
    601cc-675cc 3 cylinders maximum (including 850 V Twins)

Reason for change: To allow the use of 850 Vtwins in this class, i.e. the 848cc Ducati evo.
    http://www.mnz.co.nz/Proposed_Rule_Changes.aspx

Bike
    BMW
    oooohhhh good spotting that man!

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    "Proposed" rule change taken from MNZ website................Hmmm, that'd be nice to see (and hear), 130rwhp with a tune and exhaust

http://www.mnz.co.nz/Proposed_Rule_Changes.aspx
    I bet it's codgeoldracers idea because he is to chicken to ride a superbike

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    I was just thinking that would make my TRX850 eligible, but it won't be if it has high comp first size over pistons and FCR carbs would it?

Would it not be better for them to wait and see if Ducati come through with a Panigale "799".
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    '08 zx6r, GP125, '76 T140V
    They did this in Canada a while ago and it turned into a Ducati win while everyone else just races each other scenario. But could be a good one.
    Sorry Officer - I wasn't speeding, i was qualifying...

Bike
    Blade '12
    So Ducati twins are now to get a 42% increase in displacement over the IL4's... that seems just a smidgen fucking ridiculous.

Bike
    1989 Honda NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    So Ducati twins are now to get a 42% increase in displacement over the IL4's... that seems just a smidgen fucking ridiculous.
    Yeah, but they are about 42% more expensive to buy and repair, so I doubt you'll see a shitload on the grid!
    #24 1989 Honda NC30

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
    Yeah, but they are about 42% more expensive to buy and repair, so I doubt you'll see a shitload on the grid!
    Hard to say really, closer to 30% to buy but hp is better and don't need engine work to have similar hp to a worked 6hundy.
    Look at the BMW's that are in SBK/F1 now, much bigger price gap new but they're still there.

Parts aren't that bad nowadays, and a fair amount of chassis/body is the same as 1098/1198's so bits can be found relatively easy.

Be really interesting to see a top rider do a back to back comparison

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    I was just thinking that would make my TRX850 eligible, but it won't be if it has high comp first size over pistons and FCR carbs would it?
    It aint a v-twin mate. Their new rule is obviously designed for one specific spaghetti bike

SV744 would be more of a laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    It aint a v-twin mate. Their new rule is obviously designed for one specific spaghetti bike

SV744 would be more of a laugh
    I did some quick sums on taking 100cc out of a 749 but it would have, can probably be done but doubt it'd be worth the $$$.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    Moto Guzzi LeMans

Good rule change

This is good for the class. Someone in the rules knows the deal. I have done a lot of track Km on an older 848. I know its going to be right in the middle of the class. Only a pro rider can ring that horsepower out of a 2 cyclinder effectively to win and the 600 s are odds on favourites for high speed tracks. The maintainence costs are bugger all, probabaly less than the rest. Forget the fact the girls will shag the 848 riders, thats life.

America is the big market for these bikes and they know how to crash them. The 848 is probably the most crashed Ducati in the USA. They are a cosmetic culture, so it does not take much to right one off. You can import a right off through Bidrider or Kiwi Shipping and be competitive with a strong low km bike for less than $10,000. You claim the GST because your effectively importing to trade the vehicle but have not sold it yet.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker View Post

This is good for the class. Someone in the rules knows the deal. I have done a lot of track Km on an older 848. I know its going to be right in the middle of the class. Only a pro rider can ring that horsepower out of a 2 cyclinder effectively to win and the 600 s are odds on favourites for high speed tracks. The maintainence costs are bugger all, probabaly less than the rest. Forget the fact the girls will shag the 848 riders, thats life.

America is the big market for these bikes and they know how to crash them. The 848 is probably the most crashed Ducati in the USA. They are a cosmetic culture, so it does not take much to right one off. You can import a right off through Bidrider or Kiwi Shipping and be competitive with a strong low km bike for less than $10,000. You claim the GST because your effectively importing to trade the vehicle but have not sold it yet.

Good post! Hey I have seen that Bidrider..... Have you used them? So basically you buy something off Ebay and they pick it up and deliver it??

Bike
    Ducati 1198, RG500
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Good post! Hey I have seen that Bidrider..... Have you used them? So basically you buy something off Ebay and they pick it up and deliver it??
    I used Kiwi Shipping for mine, they orgainsed pickup & transport across states incl domestic insurance - great service too.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by DMack View Post
    I used Kiwi Shipping for mine, they orgainsed pickup & transport across states incl domestic insurance - great service too.
    Yep, I used 'em for a car and a set of race fairings for my bike, couldn't be happier.

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Yep, I used 'em for a car and a set of race fairings for my bike, couldn't be happier.
    A car? Shit its more like a scary monster with a steering wheel and sum seats

Thread Information