Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simplifying the rule book?

Bike
    Honda PC800

Simplifying the rule book?

Im throwing an idea out there to you folks. --Its an idea only so I wont be rabidly defending it.
    How about if some bright spark works through the MNZ rule book and takes out all the class specific rules and rules with NO application to the road race scene be that track or actual road.
    leave in the rules of conduct. Flags and their meaning.machine standards for all road race bikes-ie number size scrutineering standards DBA level -all the stuff that applies to EVERYONE who road races.
    Class specific stuff being readilly available online
    What has got me thinking is that the MNZ rulebook I have is an 09 copy -its about half an inch thick and filled with stuff either specific to a class or irrelivant to road racing.
    Would this help??
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Im throwing an idea out there to you folks. --Its an idea only so I wont be rabidly defending it.
    How about if some bright spark works through the MNZ rule book and takes out all the class specific rules and rules with NO application to the road race scene be that track or actual road.
    leave in the rules of conduct. Flags and their meaning.machine standards for all road race bikes-ie number size scrutineering standards DBA level -all the stuff that applies to EVERYONE who road races.
    Class specific stuff being readilly available online
    What has got me thinking is that the MNZ rulebook I have is an 09 copy -its about half an inch thick and filled with stuff either specific to a class or irrelivant to road racing.
    Would this help??
    why not just spilt the organisations completly?

i mean, we do not race on the same tracks, or the same bikes, why do we insist on having one organisation, the Speedway and Motorsport clubs are completly seperate yet all run cars,

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Would this help??
    So is the road code, yet most people still manage to remember most of it, they just choose to ignore some parts of it.

Maybe just improving the structure of the rule book is what your after so its easy to find what applies to you and what doesnt.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...over the last couple of years JT has been touring the regions trying to get everyone 'on the same page', as he put it....admirable idea...the sport needs new MNZ Officials to run the show..Stewards, Clerks of Course etc...lots of us sat the tests to become these elusive creatures...I didn't realise how fucked up and convoluted the book was until I had to paw through the chapters to find out that some of the necessary parts were either not there or so well hidden that it was bloody nearly frustratingly impossible to answer the questions...we have now been informed that we dont know enough of the chapters and rules to be issued with our warrants...whats their game...wasting our time or do they think we are thick...safe, fun, fair...grow the sport!!!!!!!!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I've always been able to find specific rules that I am looking for. Often I forget to look at the amendments that are added later though.

The book has been altered so many times I think, that it has lost a lot of structure. So yeah, I think it does need to be re-written, and the format you suggest Frosty sounds good.

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR9
    nds 2 b n txt lngo 4 yng kdz yo

Bike
    Its a Boat
    A colouring in section at the rear of the book (crayons supplied) and um, more pictures.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    A colouring in section at the rear of the book (crayons supplied) and um, more pictures.
    WOW I diddn't know you had got into the racing scene
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    WOW I diddn't know you had got into the racing scene
    Staying within the lines is my forte'

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Was suggested a while back. basically what class of racing you sign up for is A) what you pay for and B) what rule book you get.

Hard copy of book at an extra cost, but as part of your license fee you get a pdf version emailed to you you for your class and associated rules only. (all free on line of course)

or request "your class only of rules" (printed copy of pdf) in mail for a small fee.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Was suggested a while back. basically what class of racing you sign up for is A) what you pay for and B) what rule book you get.

Hard copy of book at an extra cost, but as part of your license fee you get a pdf version emailed to you you for your class and associated rules only. (all free on line of course)

or request "your class only of rules" (printed copy of pdf) in mail for a small fee.
    it is like that now isn't it,

the rule book is in sections in pdf's on the mnz website, and you get charged for a hard copy

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    why not just spilt the organisations completly?

i mean, we do not race on the same tracks, or the same bikes, why do we insist on having one organisation, the Speedway and Motorsport clubs are completly seperate yet all run cars,
    IMO mate thats a bit of politics. Can't be arsed with politics.
    I just see a possible barrier to people knowing the rules.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Lets not take away from the fact though, that some fuckin people know what they should do, and then do something else that they think will effect themselves in a less detrimental way.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    that's the Motard book ya chimp

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Lets not take away from the fact though, that some fuckin people know what they should do, and then do something else that they think will effect themselves in a less detrimental way.
    Well ya know Drew I actually asked that question in the other thread.
    Do YOU want to be on the racetrack with someone who does indeed know the rules and feels they don't apply to them?

Thread Information