Thread: Hyosung GT250r tacho not working?

Bike
    2008 Hyosung GT250R

Hyosung GT250r tacho not working?

Hi guys,

I recently came home from a ride and as I turned into my street the tacho fluctuated a bit then stopped working. 'Easy fix' I thought. I ordered and swapped the whole instrument panel only to find that the tacho still wasn't working. I am now thinking it is a sensor problem. Now, I have a few issues here -

a) where is the senosr

b) is it easy to swap

c) Where can I find a replacement sensor

Noting that I am fairly novice at fixing motorbikes am I better off just going to a mechanic to sort it out?

Thanks for the help.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    From memory, the tacho runs directly off the CDI, not from its own sensor. Follow the wiring and wriggle the plugs gently.
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    And if that dosen't work.....find a tree and hug it.

Bike
    2008 Hyosung GT250R
    Wriggling done and tree hugged. Neither worked. Must say, I didn't hold too much faith in the tree.

Shouldn't there still be a sensor somewhere? The CDI needs to get the rev data from somewhere

Bike
    bike sold :-(
    Shouldn't there still be a sensor somewhere? The CDI needs to get the rev data from somewhere[/QUOTE]

I have worked on the carb version of these and the feed for the tacho comes off the front coil feed wire, there are two wires one is power feed which is common to both coils the other is the coil feed this is the wire youu are looking for. Check the feed to the tacho input from this wire. there are usally two wires connected to a single connector at the coil and this is the wire you are looking for. If you can find a wiring diagram this will make tracing the wiring easier.

Bike
    2008 Hyosung GT250R
    I checked the coil. I couldn't see the connector with two wires but checked that all the connectors had good conduction. I couldn't really trace the wire back but it was a black with yellow tracer which the CDI also has. I guess that the output wire is orange as this seems to be the colour that goes into the tacho connector wire. The orange also comes out of a pin next to the BY wire.

Bike
    bike sold :-(
    Is your bike fuel injected or carbed, as you can't trace the wire I'm picking it's injected. If it is injected the drive for the tacho is direct from the CDI trace the wire from there. I no longer work for a hyosung dealership so can't get hold of a wiring diagram. Go talk nicely to your local hyosung dealer and see if they will give you a copy as if you don't have one you are floundering in the dark.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile rev counter

Quote Originally Posted by nick1408 View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently came home from a ride and as I turned into my street the tacho fluctuated a bit then stopped working. 'Easy fix' I thought. I ordered and swapped the whole instrument panel only to find that the tacho still wasn't working. I am now thinking it is a sensor problem. Now, I have a few issues here -

a) where is the senosr

b) is it easy to swap

c) Where can I find a replacement sensor

Noting that I am fairly novice at fixing motorbikes am I better off just going to a mechanic to sort it out?

Thanks for the help.
    Just got dads kawaski rev counter back bike still for sale 2009 model 12 thousand kms it cost 200.00 to get it reapired by instrument guage biz

in your case unless it wiring did you connect up the power feed wires in the correct areas they should be marked on the bacl the instrument back casing are on the kawaski , seems stange the cdi coils arent sending the signal check the wirring on this,

also contact a service agent or reseller shop of hyosung i have hopes of buying a gt 250 this week money being availble

so may be able to help you be test your old rev counter on my new bike pm me

patrick

Thread Information