Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Long-White-Cloud Spectacular__SI 2012

Bike
    who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    Can I come on your next trip?
    Tks for the "endorsement"

Think, I know the name from StromTrooper?

And unlike most "long-term plans and commitments" elsewhere, the AT-mob doesn't fart around about their rides and trips.
    By the time the yarns were sort-of finished, there were 2 slots left for the MK2 either next year or 2014.
    By now I'm holding 5 lots of bike-deposits for "whenever it's going to happen".

If you're serious, shoot me a pm either here or on AT, I'm not spending much time on StromTrooper these days.
    pete

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by glitch_oz View Post
    Tks for the "endorsement"

Think, I know the name from StromTrooper?

And unlike most "long-term plans and commitments" elsewhere, the AT-mob doesn't fart around about their rides and trips.
    By the time the yarns were sort-of finished, there were 2 slots left for the MK2 either next year or 2014.
    By now I'm holding 5 lots of bike-deposits for "whenever it's going to happen".

If you're serious, shoot me a pm either here or on AT, I'm not spending much time on StromTrooper these days.
    Endorsement was genuine.

Yes for Stromtrooper.

Not really serious - but would love to as I've not done quite a few of the roads you travel, and I live here.

I'm planning a merkin trip in the next 2 years so that will use all available domestic credit and cash!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    f you're serious, shoot me a pm either here or on AT, I'm not spending much time on StromTrooper these days.
    If YOU are serious ... give us a heads up before your next trip. Some of the "locals" in the areas may assist in advice on where you can/cant get to. Fuel availability etc.

Oh and it may pay to re-size those photo's before the mods infract you/remove pic's ... (as nice as they are)
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If YOU are serious ... give us a heads up before your next trip. Some of the "locals" in the areas may assist in advice on where you can/cant get to. Fuel availability etc.

Oh and it may pay to re-size those photo's before the mods infract you/remove pic's ... (as nice as they are)

Serious orrite... there's a long track record of that.
    Like with the last ride... where we go and finish up at the end of the day always depends on weather, mood and other circumstances.
    The plans in the morning might point east, but the events along the way might make us finish in the north.
    The fuel (or lack thereof) in Naseby made us finally go into Alexandra...and we saw a few interesting things along the way, so no drama and nothing was lost.
    Always looking at the flip side....

Which also goes for the pic-size.
    If the admins don't allow pics beyond a certain size, they can easily install an auto-resize feature into the VB software which pulls down any size pic hosted somewhere else to the size they want.
    If they want to scrap the pics the way they are or the whole post... so be it (shrug).
    I'm not re-sizing, re-uploading, re-linking all those pics for this single forum alone while they're fine with everyone else around the globe.

Enjoy the pics then....while they're there.
    pete

Bike
    who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    Not really serious - but would love to as I've not done quite a few of the roads you travel, and I live here.

I'm planning a merkin trip in the next 2 years so that will use all available domestic credit and cash!
    Let's stay in touch then and see how the cookie crumbles when things are getting closer.
    "merkin"? = American?
    pete

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    What an absolutely stunning and wonderfully put together pictorial read.
    Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
    Wot ^^^^ he said, great piccies.

Reminded me of how long it's been since I had a holiday.

Bike
    who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Reminded me of how long it's been since I had a holiday.
    What a shame, with all that INCREDIBLE country right out the front door.
    pete

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    What beautiful photos

...this is why Ive never left NZ before, I will oneday...but we have some of the most georgeous country, and Ive only seen 3/4 of it

Great to see our aussie neighbours embracing all our country has to offer

you guys are always welcome and warmly recieved over here...lest we forget

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    What a shame, with all that INCREDIBLE country right out the front door.
    TBH I'm still discovering whats on my doorstep up here in the tropics. Just found a "narrow road" on an old map which has probably not seen a foot on it in 30 years, apart from the odd horticulturalist no doubt, so it's on with the knobs this weekend.....

Bike
    who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    Great to see our aussie neighbours embracing all our country has to offer
    Well, mate...those who don't better stay at home. The place is just incredible. Folks are great, tucker's good, the plonk is spectacular and the countryside leaves you dribbling. That really goes for both the South and the North (yo, had a 2010 trip there plus a few more trips checking both Islands)

Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    TBH I'm still discovering whats on my doorstep up here in the tropics. Just found a "narrow road" on an old map which has probably not seen a foot on it in 30 years, apart from the odd horticulturalist no doubt, so it's on with the knobs this weekend.....
    Same here...still discovering the immediate neighbourhood after 30 years of living in the same area.
    All the local goodies get easily overlooked with all those fantastic destinations only a mouse-click away.
    pete

Bike
    who cares
    Thanks to those who had a look, had notice from mod/admin that I've busted the boundaries on the picture size, so I guess the post (or at least all the pics) will disappear.
    I'm not going to waste hours and hours to re-rig everything specifically to KB specs.... which will also prevent posting of more , similar material of rides around the globe (Euro-Alps/ Western US/ AUS etc etc), just in case someone was interested.

You might see the one or other yarn on ADVrider/ other forums...and always on AusTouring.
    Cheers...and thanks for looking in
    pete

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Hi Pete, thanks for posting the pics and the report. I read the whole thing through last night and even though I've ridden many of those roads and tracks it was still great to get another perspective. Great photography, you make my (sorta) back yard look pretty good.

Pity you missed the West Coast and Haast pass - now that IS spectacular.

I'm heading off down that way in a couple of weeks - hope I get half as good as the weather you appeared to enjoy.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Hi Pete, thanks for posting the pics and the report. I read the whole thing through last night and even though I've ridden many of those roads and tracks it was still great to get another perspective. Great photography, you make my (sorta) back yard look pretty good.

Pity you missed the West Coast and Haast pass - now that IS spectacular.

I'm heading off down that way in a couple of weeks - hope I get half as good as the weather you appeared to enjoy.

Happy to hear you enjoyed. The whole thing in one hit...man, you're keen!
    And it sure is easy enough to make your backyard look good.
    Been along the West Coast + Haast Pass in years past, from the swingbridge across the Kohaihai north of Karamea down to Wanaka.
    Too many tourists along that side
    pete

Thread Information