Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 National road race dates published

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    But they should have dropped one South Island round
    Hard to get all that work done while simultaneouosly wringing your hands, is it ?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Maido View Post
    Congrats to MNZ for having them out so early. It is honestly a huge help!
    Hell yes, Are the tracks letting people book further ahead?, it used to be impossible to get dates this far out.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    no way

10char

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I swear mine is still broken! I have seen xrays and there is a big chunk of bone around it but I can move it and it flexes on the break! Wierd

Broke mine 17th March; Got my medicial clearance this week, Yeha! Mine is now twice as thick at the break point.. and yet it still feels rubbery...

Bike
    ZX!@R
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I swear mine is still broken! I have seen xrays and there is a big chunk of bone around it but I can move it and it flexes on the break! Wierd

One of my 3 collarbone breaks was like that, and like yours xrays said it was good, but a ct scan proved otherwise....so under the knife again

Bike
    ZX!@R
    why do you say that ?

Bike
    BSA A10
    I can see the sense in doing that although I'd rather not see it happen, but it would drop a lot of time and cost for the series

Although I'm not sure whether that would mean more people doing it
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I can see the sense in doing that although I'd rather not see it happen, but it would drop a lot of time and cost for the series

Although I'm not sure whether that would mean more people doing it
    I'd be keen for 3 rounds in each Island !
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    yea rather 3 rounds on each than dropping around.. more racing not less people.

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Whats the point of dropin a round I just dont get that stupid idea people keep throwing out there

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Every time you add a round you make the series more expensive to do, chances are that means less people doing the full series

gixxerpoofter do you mean you dont understand dropping a round to have a four round series or do you mean having five rounds and being able to drop the worst round?

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO View Post
    why do you say that ?
    Cost and downtime. Given that the preceding Tri Series has added a lot of racing, extra weekends away and cost for the bike providers , parts providers and service providers to add to it ( rather than retrenching back a little ) doesnt make sense.
    And in any event a lot of racers are there but only for the goodwill and grace of paying benefactors, never forget that. Those that have to fund it almost wholly themselves are already stretched to do so.
    A lot of people cannot afford the time away now, or would at least still love to have a handful of days left of annual leave to have a ''regular'' holiday with families etc. Why further burden that very real issue?
    Less can be more.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Every time you add a round you make the series more expensive to do, chances are that means less people doing the full series

gixxerpoofter do you mean you dont understand dropping a round to have a four round series or do you mean having five rounds and being able to drop the worst round?
    Kickablahblah yea dropping your worst roung from the series I just dont get it. Its a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and he whom has the most points at the end should be the winner because the earned the most points. As for a four round series or even less as some would like whats the point really?
    They should combine the two Tri Series meetings that are one the proper race tracks and make them the 1st and 2nd round of the Nats most the riders are there anyhow

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Cost and downtime. Given that the preceding Tri Series has added a lot of racing, extra weekends away and cost for the bike providers , parts providers and service providers to add to it ( rather than retrenching back a little ) doesnt make sense.
    And in any event a lot of racers are there but only for the goodwill and grace of paying benefactors, never forget that. Those that have to fund it almost wholly themselves are already stretched to do so.
    A lot of people cannot afford the time away now, or would at least still love to have a handful of days left of annual leave to have a ''regular'' holiday with families etc. Why further burden that very real issue?
    Less can be more.
    Bollocks if people dont wana do it then dont fucken do it. Its not just some event its a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Its not just some event its a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    To a lot of people it is "just some event" they have no chance of getting anywhere at it and only support their local or island rounds, if all those people fuck off you probably wont have one at all

Thread Information