Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 National road race dates published

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Bollocks if people dont wana do it then dont fucken do it. Its not just some event its a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    That may be so Craig, but you candidly told me on Friday that you would struggle to find the money to do everything this coming summer season. I believe that situation is not unique, especially as budgets are being trimmed even further. When I look ( for example ) at what Suzuki NZ put into racing against return it just doesnt stack up. If there was a plausible return then every other manufacturers distributors would be in there boots and all.
    But yes it would make sense for the Tri Series to be blended into it all, but the Tri Series organisers could well have something contrary to say to that. And that begs the obvious question, why was the Tri series created in the first place? And why is there a struggle to get big numbers at Nat champs rounds? This argument has already been done to death but a major part of it is travel cost, accomodation, meals and non productive / non earning downtime from your employment or business.
    But to add further rounds would be stretching the goodwill even further of all the volunteers who help to run the Nationals. It would be interesting to analyse how many support people there are per rider, factoring in myriad suppliers, flag marshals, lap scorers, your own helpers, St Johns, food providers etc etc. These factors shouldnt be taken as a given.
    Plus another major cost, another weekends tyre bill.
    Im not deliberately trying to be argumentative here, its just that there is alot more to it than ''we enjoy racing, lets do more of it''

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Once in while out of all the mispelt blathering there's some jolly good stuff

Kickablahblah yea dropping your worst roung from the series I just dont get it. Its a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and he whom has the most points at the end should be the winner because the earned the most points. As for a four round series or even less as some would like whats the point really?
    They should combine the two Tri Series meetings that are one the proper race tracks and make them the 1st and 2nd round of the Nats most the riders are there anyhow
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    BMW
    Id like to see the Tri Series rounds be added in to the national points series. Maybe allow people to drop a round.

You would see some good racing at Wanganui then! Id drop that round and go to Teretonga

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Id like to see the Tri Series rounds be added in to the national points series.
    As well as racing those tracks again in March or instead of?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Maybe allow people to drop a round.
    I think that makes it to hard for the clubs as you couldn't even plan what classes to run at your round, you might not even get enough people to run the round at all
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Kickablahblah yea dropping your worst roung from the series I just dont get it. Its a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and he whom has the most points at the end should be the winner because the earned the most points. As for a four round series or even less as some would like whats the point really?
    They should combine the two Tri Series meetings that are one the proper race tracks and make them the 1st and 2nd round of the Nats most the riders are there anyhow
    Yep, I don't see the point in dropping a round either. Why reward a mistake? Or the fact you haven't turned up when other people have? Doesn't make sense to me. I realise money is tight but we must already have one of, if not the, shortest National Championship series in the world.

I'm also likin' the idea of combining the Manfeild/HD Tri-Series events with the Nat's.

And do away with the 2 x 15 lap Superbike races on Sunday and instead have 3 x 10 lappers with one on Saturday. Give the spectators another reason to turn up on Saturday.

Thread Information