Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoner to retire

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Just hope he wins the title this year so he can go out on top.
    Hope he doesn't, it'll give him more motivation to come back.

The grass is always greener and whatnot, when his son starts being a little shit, he'll be back on a bike (probably won't be a honda though).
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm84mxc View Post
    A great rider but not a great racer all to easy for him to bleat,moan and bitch when minor things didn't go his way, have more respect for those who push through with lesser kit and why Rossi is one of my all time greats a true racer.
    This is the funniest post I've seen in years. You must be so stoked Rossi isn't moaning about his 'lesser kit' this year then eh.

Never mind that before the Ducati he's never had anything but THE best kit.

Bike
    Ducati 996 '01, Yamaha '04 R6 Race
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    This is the funniest post I've seen in years. You must be so stoked Rossi isn't moaning about his 'lesser kit' this year then eh.

the yamaha wasn't the best kit, the best it had finished prior to rossi getting on it was a 3rd in the wet!
    Viva La Figa

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries

Mate, you obviously haven't seen this thread then
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Yeah well like whatever ok like.
    Was better than ok like! On a serious note...I doubt many will miss Stoner from a racer point of view. But I for one, am glad I was around to witness his riding skills. Be a while before we see someone that agressive and loose on a Moto GP bike again I reckon.

Hat's off to him.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500

Yup, Rossi does his fair share of whinging.
    However, Stoners little rant last week ignored all sorts of inconvenient facts - like most of what he was complaining about was done at the behest of current employer.

During 1992 - 2011 the MSMA (ie. Japanese manufacturers) had complete control over technical regulations, ceded to them by Dorna in order to get them on side in the breakaway from the cronyism of the bad old FIM-run series.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by SimJen View Post
    the yamaha wasn't the best kit, the best it had finished prior to rossi getting on it was a 3rd in the wet!
    Think you'll fine the major problem with the Yamaha was actually the guys riding it before Rossi got there. It obviously wasn't miles away from being good. After all...he actually fixed the Yamaha. Something he's not been able to do to the Ducati.

Bike
    Think you'll fine the major problem with the Yamaha was actually the guys riding it before Rossi got there. It obviously wasn't miles away from being good. After all...he actually fixed the Yamaha. Something he's not been able to do to the Ducati.
    they were actually very good riders: Carlos Checa, The great Norick Abe, Marco Melandri, Alex Barros, Shinya Nakano some of the most experienced from 500cc days!!!
    It wasn't a front runner, no doubt about it!
    Viva La Figa

Bike
    Various things
    they were actually very good riders: Carlos Checa, The great Norick Abe, Marco Melandri, Alex Barros, Shinya Nakano some of the most experienced from 500cc days!!!
    It wasn't a front runner, no doubt about it!
    They're all very good riders in Moto GP (well, before you could get your rich Daddy to buy you a CRT bike anyway), but I'm sorry, none of those guys are or ever were on the Lorenzo, Rossi, Stoner level of ability.

Bike
    Italian
    Ah well, there are still 14 races left this year to enjoy seeing Casey do his thing on a MotoGP bike.

Bike
    they were all capable of podium finishes! or at least at the pointy end of the field.
    I wonder if Stoner will slowly lose the will to fight in the latter part of the year???
    Viva La Figa

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by DidJit View Post
    Ah well, there are still 14 races left this year to enjoy seeing Casey do his thing on a MotoGP bike.
    Aye. I'll try extra hard to get to PI again after reading this.

Love him or hate him, you can't help but admit he's a fucking weapon. Still...someone faster and better always comes along. I'll find another BF again some day.

Bike
    Italian
    ... I wonder if Stoner will slowly lose the will to fight in the latter part of the year???
    He doesn't strike me as someone like that — too big a competitive streak methinks.

Aye. I'll try extra hard to get to PI again after reading this. ...
    Good idea.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DidJit View Post
    He doesn't strike me as someone like that — too big a competitive streak methinks..
    yet he's retiring while he's competitive!
    I don't reckon he will, but in the last few races if the championship is sewn up he won't see a reason to push too hard i'm sure.
    Viva La Figa

Bike
    Love him or hate him, you can't help but admit he's a fucking weapon. Still...someone faster and better always comes along. I'll find another BF again some day.
    In terms of Boyfriends, I'm sure there's plenty of prettier guys in Motogp you could have gone for, perhaps you like the teethy look
    Viva La Figa

Thread Information